Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prong

Go down 
+14
Gilbert
DallasBlack
Todd Jaymz
7thSecond
Hamer12
ultmetal
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
sovdat
SideShowDisaSter
criss3o
mc666
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Prong - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prong   Prong - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 9:58 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Before I became a Christian and dumped over 100...
A practice that baffles me to this day.
You have to understand that the person who led me to Christ sowed seeds of doubt in me about secular music. If I could go back in time I would NOT have gotten rid of those CDs (it's a pain in tha arse trying to re-capture them) but things happen for a reason, and I have sinced re-captured over 20 of them and My collection has grown from over 300 CDs in 2001 to over 700 currently.
Ah, I get that part. I know some people that have done it themselves, though, found things that weren't really there to justify it, you know? It all just seems to self-righteous and silly. Now, if they were tossing Deicide albums, I'd get that, but when they're tossing Willie Nelson albums because he smokes weed and God deemed that illegal, then that's a bit much. Haha.

I still think of how my ex-wife, a supposed Christian, threw out all my Marilyn Manson CDs without me knowing, then cheated on me. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Prong - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prong   Prong - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 10:06 am

Prong's POWER OF THE DAMAGER ended up not being a keeper for me. I spun it a few times when I first got the promo a while back, thought it was OK, wrote a decent review of it, and thusly traded it off (to Saxon, I believe) because although it was good, I figured I was probably never gonna listen to it again. However, my exposure to POWER OF THE DAMAGER was the first time I'd heard Prong in a long time and it got me interested in checking out some of their older material again.

So I've recently acquired the PROVE YOU WRONG and BEG TO DIFFER CDs via trades (with Saxon and Shiney, respectively). I had PROVE YOU WRONG on cassette back in the day but I have never owned BEG TO DIFFER till now. I'm diggin' them both, though I think I prefer BEG TO DIFFER. As someone said earlier in this thread, it's more straight up thrash and not as much avant-garde weirdness. Though some of PROVE YOU WRONG is pretty bad-a$$ too, like "Unconditional" and the title track... good stuff all around. Thanks for helping me rediscover this band fellas 🤘

Now I guess I should re-acquire CLEANSING next... that's the album that the song "Snap Your Fingers Snap Your Neck" comes from, isn't it? Cuz that song is a mutha!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Prong - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prong   Prong - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 11:01 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Now I guess I should re-acquire CLEANSING next... that's the album that the song "Snap Your Fingers Snap Your Neck" comes from, isn't it? Cuz that song is a mutha!

You are correct on that point. It also has two other songs I really like; Who's Fist Is This Anyway and Pick Up The Broken Pieces.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Prong - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prong   Prong - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:23 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Who's Fist Is This Anyway

🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Prong - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prong   Prong - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:51 pm

Cleansing is easily their best album. It's killer. I'm a big fan of this band for the most part. I still don't have the latest, though, so that sort of contradicts that comment. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

Prong - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prong   Prong - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:54 pm

I'm a big Prong fan, Cleansing is a must have, the new one is so-so, really have'nt given it enough spins yet.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Prong - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prong   Prong - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Who's Fist Is This Anyway

🤘

I love Tommy Victor's sliding guitar solo in that song and the reaction from the two guys who find the eyballs in their food.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Prong - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prong   Prong - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2022 10:39 pm

One of those bands i heard of since college days, back in the early 90's, but never really got into.

Well that changed. I picked up Beg To Differ last month and just got Cleansing in the mail last night.

Solid stuff. What next?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Prong - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prong   Prong - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2022 11:50 pm

Gilbert wrote:
One of those bands i heard of since college days, back in the early 90's, but never really got into.

Well that changed. I picked up Beg To Differ last month and just got Cleansing in the mail last night.

Solid stuff. What next?

What??!

They’re one of my favorites! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Prong - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prong   Prong - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2022 12:12 am

Gilbert wrote:

Solid stuff. What next?
I only have four of their albums, but all are really good. No idea why I haven’t gotten around to the rest of their catalog. Prove you Wrong and Power of the Damager are the two I have, that you don’t. Prove you Wrong is my favorite out of those two. Cleansing is my favorite out of the ones I’ve heard.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

Prong - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prong   Prong - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2022 9:24 am

I only own Cleansing and I think its great. Who doesn't like this tune?

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Prong - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prong   Prong - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2022 9:24 am

I dig Prong, I've seen them live twice and they were killer both times. They're not the kind of band where I go "I must own every note of music they've ever released," but I pick their stuff up when I come across it in my travels.

Therefore my Prong collection has quite a few holes in it, but so far nobody seems to have mentioned the Ruining Lives album from 2014, or the 2016 follow up X: No Absolutes, both are damn good stuff.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Prong - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prong   Prong - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2022 11:18 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I dig Prong, I've seen them live twice and they were killer both times. They're not the kind of band where I go "I must own every note of music they've ever released," but I pick their stuff up when I come across it in my travels.

Therefore my Prong collection has quite a few holes in it, but so far nobody seems to have mentioned the Ruining Lives album from 2014, or the 2016 follow up X: No Absolutes, both are damn good stuff.

I have all their proper and essential releases (including Primitive Origins and Force Fed). The only things I don’t currently have is the covers album “Songs From The Black Hole” and their most recent EP “Age of Defiance”. I also don’t bother with singles and diehard collector items (unless there is a really cool exclusive B-side song on them).
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Prong - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prong   Prong - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2022 12:31 pm

Gave CLEANSING a first spin today. Excellent music!

Loving those heavy riffs headbanger headbanger .

Troublezone and Fat Freddy like this post

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Prong - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prong   Prong - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2022 4:30 pm

I've known about these guys forever, but I had never owned anything from them prior to about 6 months ago. I picked up "Cleansing" and still have "Beg To Differ", "Prove You Wrong" and "Rude Awakening" to get.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Prong - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prong   Prong - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2022 4:31 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
I've known about these guys forever, but I had never owned anything from them prior to about 6 months ago. I picked up "Cleansing" and still have "Beg To Differ", "Prove You Wrong" and "Rude Awakening" to get.

The last 2 you listed are my next target.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Prong - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prong   Prong - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2022 9:11 pm

I like Rude Awakening, but it’s more alternative and industrial influenced than the previous albums (similar to Circle of Dust). I think Tommy was trying to get away from the thrash for that album. But it’s still good overall…

Prove You Wrong is excellent! It’s classic Prong in the same style as Beg to Differ.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Prong - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prong   Prong - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2022 3:50 am

New Prong update!

https://blabbermouth.net/news/prong-putting-finishing-touches-on-new-album-first-single-to-arrive-in-january
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Prong - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prong   Prong - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2022 2:05 pm

Tommy Victor is one of the baddest riffmasters around. So underrated. Love me some Prong.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

Prong - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prong   Prong - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2022 5:02 pm

I look forward to some new Prong. I've got 4 of their albums.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Prong - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prong   Prong - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2022 5:20 pm

I’ve been a Prong fan since 1991!

I’m always looking forward to their new albums. I like every album (including “Scorpio Rising”). The last several, (especially since Carved in Stone) have been excellent!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Prong - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prong   Prong - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2022 11:42 pm

Been getting into this band lately. Will definitely check out the new material.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prong - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prong   Prong - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prong
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2