Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overkill: Under the influence

Go down 
+15
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
Grimmo
Required Fields
SpectreFate
Dark Horseman
James B.
Chrome Locust
Thrasher73
Leatherface
martinsane
Fat Freddy
mc666
Gilbert
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Overkill: Under the influence - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overkill: Under the influence   Overkill: Under the influence - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2019 1:16 pm

Wow, this is some good news! This is my favorite album, so I will be getting this. Not one word of this anywhere. I just happened to be curious about some new releases.

https://www.rockcandyrecords.co.uk/upcoming
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Overkill: Under the influence   Overkill: Under the influence - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2019 2:15 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Wow, this is some good news! This is my favorite album, so I will be getting this. Not one word of this anywhere. I just happened to be curious about some new releases.

Cool! Surprised to see something that heavy coming from Rock Candy!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Overkill: Under the influence   Overkill: Under the influence - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2019 3:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

Me too. If this goes over well, it would be awesome to see their earliest stuff with Gustafson get the same treatment or their Atlantic years. I would reconsider purchasing everything through "I Hear Black"
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Overkill: Under the influence   Overkill: Under the influence - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2019 5:42 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

Me too. If this goes over well, it would be awesome to see their earliest stuff with Gustafson get the same treatment or their Atlantic years. I would reconsider purchasing everything through "I Hear Black"

My guess is that they will reissue the albums that were originally released on Atlantic Records in Europe. That means Under The Influence through W.F.O. but it that may also include Taking Over, which was released on Noise Records and Atlantic in Europe. Their early catalog rights are a bit muddled.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Overkill: Under the influence   Overkill: Under the influence - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 1:31 am

So what's new about it? Remastered, bonus tracks type stuff? I already own them all on CD, so anything new besides the release date?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Overkill: Under the influence   Overkill: Under the influence - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 6:09 am

It's cool it's being reissued but if there is nothing new on it such as any previously unreleased tracks then I really have no interest in picking it up.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Overkill: Under the influence   Overkill: Under the influence - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 8:32 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
So what's new about it? Remastered, bonus tracks type stuff? I already own them all on CD, so anything new besides the release date?

They haven't released any details yet, but Rock Candy always remasters their releases.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Overkill: Under the influence   Overkill: Under the influence - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 10:36 am

Aside from live stuff, the only potential "bonus track" from that era that I can think of would be the cover of the Ramones' "I'm Against It" that they recorded during the Influence sessions.

It was on the Coverkill release, but that version was crap quality, supposedly taken from a beat-up old cassette because the original master tape was lost. Maybe they found the master in a drawer somewhere?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Overkill: Under the influence   Overkill: Under the influence - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 10:59 am

Aren't Rock Candy releases generally pretty bare bones reissues? I don't believe I own any, but I was under the impression they just re-release old, obscure out of print stuff but with few bells and whistles.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Overkill: Under the influence   Overkill: Under the influence - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Aren't Rock Candy releases generally pretty bare bones reissues? I don't believe I own any, but I was under the impression they just re-release old, obscure out of print stuff but with few bells and whistles.

You might be thinking of Wounded Bird Records, their stuff is pretty bare-bones, they don't even remaster their releases. Just repackage 'em and push'em back out.

The only Rock Candy reissue I own is Autograph's Sign In Please but it is supposedly remastered (tho I don't have an original to compare it to, therefore I can't say for sure) and it has a bonus track (a pointless "remix" of "Turn Up The Radio" that doesn't sound radically different from the album version)... but looking at their catalog on their web site I see quite a few titles that claim to have three, four, or even more bonus tracks. So I guess it depends on the album/band and how much "extra" material that's made available to them.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Overkill: Under the influence   Overkill: Under the influence - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 11:22 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

You might be thinking of Wounded Bird Records, their stuff is pretty bare-bones, they don't even remaster their releases. Just repackage 'em and push'em back out.

Yea, maybe.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Overkill: Under the influence   Overkill: Under the influence - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 11:36 am

Yeah, Wounded Bird are simple repressings. Rock Candy are full remasters, with new booklets, essays and often they have bonus tracks.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Overkill: Under the influence   Overkill: Under the influence - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 3:48 pm

I have 12 remastered albums from Rock Candy:

1. RATT "Out of the Cellar"
2. RATT "Invasion of Your Privacy"
3. RATT "Dancing Undercover"
4. Winger "In the Heart of the Young"
5. Winger "Winger"
6. DIO "Holy Diver"
7. Toto "Hydra"
8. Toto "Turn Back"
9. Riot "Narita"
10 John Waite "Ignition"
11. Streets "1st"
12 Rick Springfield "Living In Oz"

Both RATT and Winger were with Atlantic and we all understand how they felt about metal bands and how they more or less disavowed them when the well went dry. We never got any re-issues through Atlantic, because they simply saw those bands as a cash cow back in the day. I love the remastering job they do and I look for more bands that were with Atlantic. I hope we see more from Overkill. Maybe some Testament down the road? The booklets are easily the best I've seen, with cool photos, so I'm always checking their site out.

Last edited by metalinmyveins on Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Overkill: Under the influence   Overkill: Under the influence - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 6:11 pm

I have Blue Murder, King’s X and Badlands releases from Rock Candy. I definitely am interested in the Overkill album! I wish they would also remaster The Years of Decay, Taking Over and Horrorscope albums as well.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Overkill: Under the influence   Overkill: Under the influence - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 12:51 pm

Most excellent news! Now if Taking Over could get a slight remaster. My CDR copy can barely be read in most machines.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Overkill: Under the influence   Overkill: Under the influence - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 6:04 pm

Horrorscope definitely could use a remaster imo because the overall sound is very “high pitched”. It may be the sound they wanted at the time because even Sid the drummer used a piccolo snare drum which indicates they wanted a ultra tight non muddy sound. Unfortunately, it thinned out the overall sound...

But I gotta say, the rhythm guitar sound is excellent and crunchy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overkill: Under the influence   Overkill: Under the influence - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overkill: Under the influence
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2