Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One thing I miss watching over the Holidays...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

One thing I miss watching over the Holidays... Empty
PostSubject: One thing I miss watching over the Holidays...   One thing I miss watching over the Holidays... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 6:41 pm

A number of years ago on MuchMusic, Ed the Sock would blast the year's worst music videos. It's been many years since he did it, but watching Fromage on YouTube (well, clips; there are no full Fromage videos) brings back great memories.

Fromage 2005 (the first few parts are missing):

A clip from Fromage 2002:

I could just imagine what Ed the Sock's Fromage 2012 would be like. He would have a field day with songs like these:

Anyone other than me remember seeing Ed the Sock on Fromage? He was brilliant.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: One thing I miss watching over the Holidays...   One thing I miss watching over the Holidays... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 5:24 pm

There was a time where I thought Ed The Sock was the greatest thing on TV. When I first got Direct TV back in the mid nineties MuchMusic became my favorite channel. Power 30 and all the Canadian bands they exposed me to. Great stuff. I even visited the City TV studio building when I went to Toronto. That's how big of fan I was.

I used to love Ed's interviews and when he would bust on that Rick The Itern dude. Like you said, brilliant. Unfortunately Much became Fuse here in the states and for me unwatchable. Is Ed still on Much? I hate television for the most part - but I'd watch Ed The Sock all day.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: One thing I miss watching over the Holidays...   One thing I miss watching over the Holidays... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 9:33 pm

Ed the Sock left MuchMusic a number of years ago.

Ever since he left, the channel went from 90% music and 10% other stuff. Now it is pretty much the other way around.

Also, they have no outlet for metal music at all, as LOUD, their metal oriented show, is gone. They also got rid of The Punk Show (although most of what they played there sounded more like indie rock than punk to me; that being said, a lot of the bands they played were bands I am not overly familiar with, so I wouldn't doubt some of those bands were punk at another point of their career).

I remember growing up I would regularly tape LOUD, it turned me on to many of the bands I'm into now.

When Ed the Sock left MuchMusic, it marked the worst day in the channel's history by far.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: One thing I miss watching over the Holidays...   One thing I miss watching over the Holidays... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:09 am

Sad they went the MTV route with their programming. What I loved about them to begin with was the emphasis on music. Did Ed ever turn up anywhere else?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: One thing I miss watching over the Holidays...   One thing I miss watching over the Holidays... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:55 pm

He did some MST3K type show called This Movie Sucks!

His YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/EdtheSockCentral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One thing I miss watching over the Holidays...   One thing I miss watching over the Holidays... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One thing I miss watching over the Holidays...
Page 1 of 1