Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What got u into the music - what was ur first album?

Go down 
+25
kropotkin
stepcousin
Leatherface
Lari
Alex Dee Rokket
Boris2008
Wurthless
adrian
nevermore
Lazlo Toth
SideShowDisaSter
Addy
EvyMetal
James B.
Dark Horseman
DallasBlack
BearOnUnicycle
mc666
80s Metal Lady
thejokeriv
manny
tohostudios
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
Chrome Locust
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

What got u into the music - what was ur first album? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What got u into the music - what was ur first album?   What got u into the music - what was ur first album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 7:00 pm

Chrome Locust wrote:
In sixth class, I'm about 11, and I really wanted the JP British Steel album. In those days we'd get 50p (about a buck) lunch money for the canteen every day. I saved all my coins and starved for 2 weeks to save that. 4.50 It was a real old school, and i hid the money under the shutters. I still have the album to this day. I'm 43 now and bought it in I think 1981. A nice ancedote that.

Bro, AIC are awesome - don't worry, once metalized u r safe to listen to em lol. Serioulsy, they are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: What got u into the music - what was ur first album?   What got u into the music - what was ur first album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 3:14 am

Def Leppard's Pyromania is probably the record that did it for me. Got it when I was maybe in the 6th grade.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: What got u into the music - what was ur first album?   What got u into the music - what was ur first album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:16 am

Chrome Locust wrote:
A few of us old farts will have a laugh here. My story was, I had these female babysitters who were Zepp and Sabbath heads in about 1975/76, around that time. As soon as my folks left, BANG!!!!!!! On went Sabbs and Zepp, blew me apart. Never looked back. headbanger

Heavy metal forever

PS: My first album was (to buy) Highway To Hell, second, British Steel. First hard rock borrowed when I was six from babysitter, Black Sabbath, Black Sabbath.

my upbringing was very similar: in '75/76 I had 2 older sisters who were rockers and owned all of the hard rock of the early-to-mid 70's and I spun their records all the time. They even let me be the DJ when they had friends over, and I learned the hard way at a very young age how to handle vinyl records with much care (or get beat!! angry What got u into the music - what was ur first album? - Page 2 12087 ). They bought me for my birthday and Christmas: Foghat "Fool For The City" and Thin Lizzy "Johnny The Fox" back in 1976. Couldnt really afford to buy records until I was 12 in 1979/1980 and discovered Van Halen, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath/Ozzy, Scorpions, Triumph, etc...The rest is history.
Back to top Go down
kropotkin
Metal novice
Metal novice
kropotkin

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: What got u into the music - what was ur first album?   What got u into the music - what was ur first album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 2:28 am

The first albums (vinyls) i bought were: manowar-into glory ride (still my 2nd favorite album of all time), manilla road-crystal logic, candlemass-epicus...(black dragon recs version).
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: What got u into the music - what was ur first album?   What got u into the music - what was ur first album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 2:45 am

kropotkin wrote:
The first albums (vinyls) i bought were: manowar-into glory ride (still my 2nd favorite album of all time), manilla road-crystal logic, candlemass-epicus...(black dragon recs version).

Wow, and you're 21? there is hope for the future of metal headbanger

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: What got u into the music - what was ur first album?   What got u into the music - what was ur first album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 2:51 am

My brothers used to make mixed tapes of stuff they recorded off of radio, tv or friends album collections. I used to steal their tapes, and got into bands like Scorpions, Judas Priest and Maiden. Before that the Kiss hysteria was massive in Norway when the band visited here for the first time in late 1980 (I was 6 years old), and that got me hooked on them, borrowing Unmasked from a classmate, and borrowing Peter Criss' solo album from a neighbour.

My first album, beside all the recorded tapes, was Saxon - Rock The Nations on cassette.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: What got u into the music - what was ur first album?   What got u into the music - what was ur first album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 10:55 am

My first album was Petra's Never Say Die.........I went about this all backwards compared to most people, I started with the Christian rock and expanded into the other stuff later.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: What got u into the music - what was ur first album?   What got u into the music - what was ur first album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:20 am

The first album that I bought with my own money was Petra's Beyond Belief in 7th grade.

I can remember rolling around with my uncle when I was in 5th-6th grades and listening to Poison's Flesh and Blood, and Danger Danger's S/T albums while going to baseball games or shooting hoops. Back then, my uncle was my hero, he had this HUGE system in his truck that we just cranked and listened to metal! Ozzy, UKJ, Leppard, Queensryche, it didn't matter. He turned me on to a lot of stuff that I never would have heard or have even seen afterwards for that matter. When he started going to disc, he gave me all his old cassettes, something like 300 tapes, and I wish that I still had them. He had stuff from Honeymoon Suite, Trash (A euro metal band that I loved and cannot find anywhere, even online), Black N' Blue, Y & T, TNT, Heavens Edge, MASS, as well as all the usuals like Dokken, Poison, Alice Cooper, etc. He and I still swap music quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: What got u into the music - what was ur first album?   What got u into the music - what was ur first album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 4:34 pm

Kiss - Destroyer was my first. Bought it myself with allowance money I had saved up. Of course, that album will always be my favorite from them...and will always be held in the highest regard!
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: What got u into the music - what was ur first album?   What got u into the music - what was ur first album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 6:53 pm

U know what's awesome on this thread - a ton of bands get mentioned, and u think 'f,uck yeah, I forgot about them or never heard them,' and ENTER fresh life to the death deck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What got u into the music - what was ur first album?   What got u into the music - what was ur first album? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What got u into the music - what was ur first album?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2