Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paul McCartney + Nirvana

Go down 
+5
Eyesore
manny
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
MEGATRON
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

Paul McCartney + Nirvana Empty
PostSubject: Paul McCartney + Nirvana   Paul McCartney + Nirvana Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 10:16 am

This is incredible! Check it out even if you're not a fan of Nirvana.

The song is called 'Cut Me Some Slack'
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney + Nirvana   Paul McCartney + Nirvana Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 10:17 am

I watched it live last night. It's a cool performance and the song's not half bad either.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney + Nirvana   Paul McCartney + Nirvana Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 10:20 am

I need to see this...will have to check it later.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney + Nirvana   Paul McCartney + Nirvana Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 10:31 am

I have it on my DVR I will try to watch it this weekend
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney + Nirvana   Paul McCartney + Nirvana Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 4:10 pm

So I heard this was an original tune. True?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney + Nirvana   Paul McCartney + Nirvana Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 4:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:
So I heard this was an original tune. True?

Yeah, it was.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney + Nirvana   Paul McCartney + Nirvana Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Quote :
As it happened, the mates didn't just happen to get together "to jam." They had already produced a new song, "Cut Me Some Slack," which (carelessly cliché title and all) was closer to the living solo-McCartney blueprint than Nirvana's impossible-to-recapture one. Outside of its potential charity-donation impact, you'd be hard pressed to call the track life-changing. But it was more than acceptable. Like many of McCartney's recent good-but-not great projects, there were minor delights to be found in it.

McCartney brought you your blues courtesy of an electric slide-guitar part, while Grohl pushed the medium-tempo groove with unflagging energy (and a particularly strong finish). Novoselic's bass part featured a stray figure that periodically moved away from Macca's line in a way that recalled Nirvana's adventurism in the search of new riffs, but it wasn't as though you could close your eyes and trick yourself into thinking it was the old band up there. How could it be so? The musicians knew this, and played their way around it, even as they talked of a "Nirvana reunion."

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2012/12/of-course-the-paul-mccartney-nirvana-team-up-wasnt-going-to-be-terrible/266227/

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney + Nirvana   Paul McCartney + Nirvana Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 6:04 pm

That's pretty cool, actually.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney + Nirvana   Paul McCartney + Nirvana Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 6:29 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
"Like many of McCartney's recent good-but-not great projects, there were minor delights to be found in it."

"Minor delights" to be found? Bah! Why can't they just admit that the song kicks f%#*^%@ arse! Wink
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney + Nirvana   Paul McCartney + Nirvana Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 6:56 pm

I thought it was a cool tune.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney + Nirvana   Paul McCartney + Nirvana Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 5:29 am

I think its a tune from Grohls upcoming movie documentry Sound City Ive not heard it yet but I hear its good (the song)
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney + Nirvana   Paul McCartney + Nirvana Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 12:04 pm

Here's the studio version that will be released on itunes shortly...

It's got a pretty sweet groove to it.

Quote :
Cut Me Some Slack was written by drummer Grohl, and is set to appear on his upcoming documentary movie Sound City, telling the story of the iconic California studio in which Nirvana recorded their Nevermind album.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney + Nirvana   Paul McCartney + Nirvana Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 12:22 pm

I wasn't sure when I first heard this happened. I'm a fan of both McCartney & Nirvana but it just seemed like a strange pairing at this point. Damn that song proved my doubts wrong. I'd like a whole album with this pairing.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney + Nirvana   Paul McCartney + Nirvana Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 12:30 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

This could've been on a Warrior Soul cd

"Salutations" or "Chill Pill"

PostSubject: Re: Paul McCartney + Nirvana   Paul McCartney + Nirvana Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paul McCartney + Nirvana
Page 1 of 1