Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing (and other stories)

Go down 
+8
chewie
Wurthless
tohostudios
Chrome Locust
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
James B.
Tur-Thalion
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing (and other stories) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing (and other stories)   Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing (and other stories) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 2:47 pm

S.D. wrote:
Nice write-up and I agree with all those points.  I might rank HCE just slightly higher, but it depends on my mood.  

I agree, good write-up. Raven was my introduction to Steven Wilson. I would say HCE may be slightly higher, but not by much. Both are fantastic. The Drive Home ep is great too. I bought the BR of both, and the CD of Drive, so I actually listen to Drive more than the other two simply because much of my music time is during my commute. I plan on grabbing the rest of Steven Wilson here soon.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing (and other stories) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing (and other stories)   Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing (and other stories) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 4:57 pm

That Birthday Party track is fun and crazy lol. I really need to pick up that ep.

I love Insurgents and Grace for Drowning, even though the latter is way too long (Raider II leaves me so exhausted that I usually switch it off early). There's some freaking dark moments on that album too. Like, stuff that's just downright scary. In fact I don't think he ever revisited that strength of macabre in tone. He's been dark of course (Watchmaker, Ancestral, the end of Hint Drinker), but not quite the pure, unsettling creepiness of Track One or Index.
Back to top Go down

Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing (and other stories)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3