Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steven Wilson

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Steven Wilson Empty
PostSubject: Steven Wilson   Steven Wilson Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 5:47 am

I have tickets for the 17th and hope my newly aquired boss will let me go. I bought these tickets six mo tgs ago and now a new job later I might not be able to go. Anyone here a fan of his work? I think he's a freakin genious myself. Love his solo stuff and of course PT are great.

Anyway was wondering if anyone here is seeing him on his current tour. Or have you seen him already? If so how was the show? I have only seen PT once on their last tour they did before his Raven slbum came out. Great show, so I'm really going to Hate life if I miss this one coming. So anyone seen it yet?
Back to top Go down

Steven Wilson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steven Wilson   Steven Wilson Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 1:19 pm

Huge fan here. He's probably my favorite songwriter of the past 20 years and in addition one of my favorite engineers in recent memory as well, his remixing work is exemplary.

I'm going to see him on June 13th at the Wiltern Theater, will be my first experience seeing him in person. I do have a few concert DVDs (Arriving Somewhere and Anesthetize with Porcupine Tree and Get All You Deserve from the Grace for Drowning tour) and they are incredible, so I'm really excited for the show.

Steven will be live-streaming the Wiltern theater concert next Saturday, so you might want to check that out. June 13th @ 8pm Pacific time.

https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/steven-wilson.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Steven Wilson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steven Wilson   Steven Wilson Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 5:44 pm

Cool, is there a way to watch it later? Or once its done its done? I'm going to a concert that night and wont be home. Plus I do t wanna watch it before I see it live. I like to be surprised when I go to concerts.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

Steven Wilson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steven Wilson   Steven Wilson Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 10:56 pm

I love seeing shows at The Wiltern Theater, have fun Shawn

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Steven Wilson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steven Wilson   Steven Wilson Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 3:51 am

That was by far one of the best shows I've been to. The sound quality just blew me away. You could hear every note from every instrument crystal clear. The only other show tgat was equal to it ir better was when I saw Raoger Waters The Wall tour. The setlidt was outstanding, as well, just couldn't have asked for better. Great show, really hope they come back soon.
Back to top Go down

Steven Wilson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steven Wilson   Steven Wilson Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 12:38 pm

Yeah, I had the same experience.  I've been listening to Wilson since 2008 and I have a couple Porcupine Tree concert videos and one of his solo, so I felt fairly comfortable with what to expect.  But honestly, the show blew me away, I had underestimated how it would feel to be in the venue experiencing that music live.  I think it was at the show that I realized that Wilson really is a rarified artist, one of those people who is just a little beyond what most other bands can do, another level up.  

He was cracking me up to:  "Miserable music makes me happy.  Conversely, happy music makes me f*cking miserable."  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Steven Wilson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steven Wilson   Steven Wilson Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 12:49 pm

Yeah, I saw PT once on The Incident tour but I didn't know much of their music at tgat time since I had just discovered them a couple mo tgs before that show. It was a great show as well, but this last one was so much better, just because I knew the music. I agree about what you say, with him being a step beyond, because he certainly is. Definitely a musical genius!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Steven Wilson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steven Wilson   Steven Wilson Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 5:53 pm

"You have to look beyond the mainstream, people." Laughing

I'm certain that is the most powerful concerts I'll have witnessed when my life is over.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Steven Wilson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steven Wilson   Steven Wilson Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 1:10 pm

For those interested Wilson released a 6-track 37m "EP" last month appropriately titled 4 1/2.

Quote :
4 ½ comprises 6 tracks with a total running time of 37 minutes. 4 of the songs originated during the sessions for Hand. Cannot. Erase., and one from the recording sessions for the previous album The Raven that Refused to Sing. The final track is a version of Don’t Hate Me, a song originally recorded by Porcupine Tree in 1998, and is based on a live recording made on the recent tour of Europe with additional recording later done in the studio. The vocals on this new version are sung as a duet between Steven and Ninet Tayeb.

Also appearing on the album are members of Steven’s band over the last few years; Adam Holzman, Nick Beggs, Guthrie Govan, Dave Kilminster, Craig Blundell, Marco Minnemann, Chad Wackerman, and Theo Travis.

4 ½ will be released by Kscope on CD, 180 gram vinyl, and blu-ray, with all formats housed in a beautiful die-cut sleeve photographed by Lasse Hoile and designed by Carl Glover. The blu-ray (audio only) edition includes high res stereo, a 5.1 mix of the album, and a bonus 5.1 mix of the new version of Lazarus (recently included on the Transience vinyl compilation). The vinyl edition will include a download code for the album in a choice of FLAC or mp3. The album will also be available digitally on 22nd January from iTunes, Amazon, Google Play & Apple Music.

I've only heard a couple clips of this, with Happiness III--a hell of a peppy earworm--sounding fresh off of Grace for Drowning, and Vermillioncore a jazzy instrumental that is very much a Raven companion. I plan on getting the Blu Ray for the Lazarus bonus.

Steven Wilson Steve-Wilson-Album-Cover

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Steven Wilson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steven Wilson   Steven Wilson Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steven Wilson
Page 1 of 1