Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jason Bonham

Go down 
+15
the sentinel
candlemass
exact33
deathisgain
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Andy
MetalGuy71
manny
James B.
thejokeriv
MEGATRON
Dark Horseman
Eyesore
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Jason Bonham - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jason Bonham   Jason Bonham - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 12:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Disregard...was the one I owned. I remember seeing a stripper dancing to 'Wait For You' and the next day, I went and shop lifted the tape from Tower Records.

Funny now, thinking back about how many tapes I purchased or swiped on account of seeing a stripper dance to a certain song. I aquired allot of sh*tty music that way.  Laughing

Funny, that's how Sabbath judged how they were doing on "Heaven & Hell", played the tunes for the strippers!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Jason Bonham   Jason Bonham - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 12:28 pm

Troublezone wrote:
The only song I remember about them is "Wait For You". I've seen the video back in the day several times.

I remember this chick from work, we were going down the road in my car and that tune came on the radio and she asked why it sounded so much like Zeppelin. I asked her who it was, I had no idea, when she said "Bonham", I told her who that was and it was obvious he found him a Plant clone and was cashing in on his dead daddy!  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Jason Bonham   Jason Bonham - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 10:08 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
How do those Bonham albums sound today? Dated or do they hold up?

IMO the first one 'Disregard for Time Keeping' sounds a bit dated,  thankfully they had Bob Ezrin at the helm, which think helps it to not sound like Kingdom Clone II, even if the lads were purposely going for that Led Zeppelin sound.

I still enjoy Disregard. It does sound a little dated but it is still an enjoyable album.

I picked this up cheap on ebay. Listening to it now for the first time in 15-18 (?) years, I have to say it sounds a bit dated. Enjoyable, but the keyboards and overly slick production just kills it for me. That "80's synth sound" is a pet peeve of mine these days. I can't help but think how much better/timeless this would sound without so much artificial shine. Ahhh, sign of the times I guess.

I hold onto it though for the time being. It's still a good listen. Don't know that I'll be as anxious to hear the follow-up Mad Hatter album though. Might hold off on that one for a bit.

Bumpo...

I think I'm giving up on Disregard of Timekeeping. Played it through a few times this week and it just sounds too dated and over-produced for my tastes. Way, way too much keyboards, synths and female chorus singers. It's a shame because I think it's got potential, just too glossy and slick. Definitely a sign of the times.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Jason Bonham   Jason Bonham - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 4:48 pm

Funny this thread got bumped as I listened to "Wait For You" on the way home from work tonight. It's the first song (and the intro title track) on one of my mix cds. I would have to say I definitely enjoy the debut more than Mad Hatter; I almost never listen to that one.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Jason Bonham   Jason Bonham - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 12:51 am

Definitely a very slick production, and there is probably a bit too much keyboard (especially on the synth-poppy "Just Another Day"), but it doesn't really bother me.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Jason Bonham   Jason Bonham - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 5:44 am

I've never been bothered by the "lightness" of Disregard either. It's an enjoyable listen, for what it is.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Jason Bonham   Jason Bonham - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 6:11 am

I recently listened to The Disregard Of Timekeeping and found it quite boring.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Jason Bonham   Jason Bonham - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 8:53 am

I actually enjoyed 'The Disregard of TimeKeeping', its a great popish rock album. The second album I have had for years, and rarely spin it. I can't even remember a single song from that disc, which is very telling.
Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Jason Bonham   Jason Bonham - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 7:28 pm

I bought the Disregard the day it came out. When I got home and played it, I actually fell asleep. Laughing

I prefer Mad Hatter. Better production and songs (though that's not saying much).
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Jason Bonham   Jason Bonham - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 8:24 pm

Was really never impressed by any of his work excluding Celebration Day.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Jason Bonham   Jason Bonham - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 10:26 pm

What was wrong with Celebration Day? I thought that's a great DVD. I think I recall Jason calling it the best show he ever did (probably marketing jargon, but still).

EDIT: I'm an idiot. I misread the above post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jason Bonham   Jason Bonham - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jason Bonham
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2