Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jason Bonham Writing New Material With Jones And Page.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Jason Bonham Writing New Material With Jones And Page. Empty
PostSubject: Jason Bonham Writing New Material With Jones And Page.   Jason Bonham Writing New Material With Jones And Page. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 2:30 pm

MTV.com

By Chris Harris

On Friday morning, mere hours before he was due to take the stage with classic rockers Foreigner at Detroit's GM Renaissance Center, drummer Jason Bonham — the son of late Led Zeppelin kitman John Bonham — told Jim Johnson and Lynne Woodison of local rock station 94.7 WCSX that he'd be an ex-member of Foreigner as of September 1. But that's not the only thing he said.

Much to the delight of Led Zeppelin fans everywhere, Bonham revealed that he's been meeting up with Led Zep guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones in recent months and that they've been "trying to do some new material and writing."

It was the first time since Led Zeppelin announced they would re-form for a single performance (which happened late last year at London's O2 Arena, in honor of the late Ahmet Ertegün, who signed the band to Atlantic Records in 1969) that anyone connected to the band has confirmed publicly that new music could be on the horizon for the iconic rockers. While the bandmembers have stopped short of definitively ruling out such a reunion, singer Robert Plant insisted in the wake of last year's show that he intended to focus on promoting and touring behind his critically lauded album with bluegrass artist Alison Krauss, Raising Sand.

Not that Bonham knows what — if anything — will happen with the new material he's been working on with Page (who collaborated with pop singer Leona Lewis on an uneven version of Zep's "Whole Lotta Love" at the Olympic closing ceremonies in Beijing on Sunday night) and Jones. He said he just shows up and takes his seat behind the kit.

"I've been over [to England] a couple of times," Bonham said. "I've been working with Jimmy and John Paul and trying to do ... some new material and some writing. I don't know what it will be, but it will be something. At the moment, all I know is I have the great pleasure to go and jam with the two guys and start work on some material. When I get there, I never ask any questions. If I get a phone call to go and play, I enjoy every moment of it. Whatever it ends up as, to ever get a chance to jam with two people like that, it is a phenomenal thing for me. It's my life. It's what I've dreamed about doing."

He said it's still too early to tell what will become of these "jam" sessions, but admitted that the "possibility of doing something is in the cards. I really felt it was in the cards from the moment we walked offstage at the O2." Bonham also explained that, before there could be a Led Zep LP, "lots of politics [would need to] get ironed out," but added that recording with Zep is "something I've always wanted to do."

Bonham noticeably didn't mention frontman Plant's name during the discussion. A spokesperson for Page's management had no comment on the matter, and a spokesperson for Jones' management could not be reached by press time.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Jason Bonham Writing New Material With Jones And Page.   Jason Bonham Writing New Material With Jones And Page. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:07 pm

If Robert Plant doesn't want to do it, maybe Jimmy Page still has David Coverdale's phone number.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Jason Bonham Writing New Material With Jones And Page.   Jason Bonham Writing New Material With Jones And Page. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 10:13 pm

Shocked

Im so torn by this I don't even know were to start:
part of me is flipping out on the possiblity of a new zeppelin album another part is worried that Zep might tarnish their legacy if they do anything new. and another part of me is hoping they make new matieral without Plant and make something new that has heavy Zep vibes in it

whatever happens it's gonna be LEGEND-waitforit-ARY
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jason Bonham Writing New Material With Jones And Page.   Jason Bonham Writing New Material With Jones And Page. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 10:29 pm

I doubt Plant, Page, Jones, and Bonham the 2nd could actually produce anything that sucks even if the wanted to, so i wouldnt worry about the legacy tarnishing, thats if Plant gets on board and they actually make some music. Regardless this is very great news we can only pray that them 3 actually give us some tunes!
But heres to hoping Zeppelin follows AC/DC in the amazing classic rock bands make new albums trend
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Jason Bonham Writing New Material With Jones And Page.   Jason Bonham Writing New Material With Jones And Page. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:21 am

I doubt Led Zeppelin could tarnish their legacy if they had deceided to record nothing but Milli Vanilli cover tunes, that being said, if they do deceided to make a go at it I hope they do record an album of new material, I wish more classic bands would record new material instead of becoming oldies acts and take a chance and record new music.
Most of these bands legacy are secure enough that even if some of these legends did record a terrible album their legacy would not come undone due to one album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jason Bonham Writing New Material With Jones And Page.   Jason Bonham Writing New Material With Jones And Page. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jason Bonham Writing New Material With Jones And Page.
Page 1 of 1