Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good

Go down 
+20
ShadowAngel
jstate
DallasBlack
Thrasher73
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
nevermore
MetalGuy71
ZombieHavoc
Vexer6
exact33
ultmetal
tohostudios
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
SpectreFate
manny
mc666
Eyesore
James B.
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 8:46 pm

Quote :
I challenge you to a 2 out of 3 falls, no DQ, steel cage match for that glam/hair/sleaze title.

I am the biggest teaze me, pleaze me, sleaze me fan here toho...so lets rumble very happy
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 8:49 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :
I challenge you to a 2 out of 3 falls, no DQ, steel cage match for that glam/hair/sleaze title.

I am the biggest teaze me, pleaze me, sleaze me fan here toho...so lets rumble Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 3 320592

I think you're more into the hair side of the genre than I am but I'm all over the sleaze side.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 8:50 pm

Old man pissing contest! Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 3 12087
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 8:53 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Old man pissing contest! Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 3 12087

Shut up you young whippersnapper! Don't make me hit you with my cane!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:28 pm

Toho...what are some cool sleaze bands we may not be familure with?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 9:40 am

brokentulsa wrote:
Toho...what are some cool sleaze bands we may not be familure with?

The first one I always think of is Soho Roses.

Or Towers Of London:

Or The Throbs:

On a less punky note, Diamond Dogs:

Soul Kitchen:

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:35 am

Soul Kitchen were around during my last haunts of El Lay.

There are way better songs on the cd than what is immortalized on the video.

Didn't really care for the other bands posted. There was a nice riff on one of the songs though. A lil punk is fine, but not really the right attitude unless the music has a grooove.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 11:18 am

I forgot this one, Stone Gods:

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 12:07 pm

And here are a couple from the hair metal side:

Love Affair

Nantucket

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 12:21 pm

This count?

Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 1:01 pm

tohostudios wrote:

?
Aren't all bands in this thread pretty much hair bands?
Not Nantucket, though...That song's from the '70s...I guess Love Affair could maybe be considered a first wave hair band, though.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 1:13 pm

Hair metal is just one side of the glam/sleeze genre (I've even heard some argue that hair bands don't count).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 1:26 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

?
Aren't all bands in this thread pretty much hair bands?
Not Nantucket, though...That song's from the '70s...I guess Love Affair could maybe be considered a first wave hair band, though.

I know Nantucket pre-dates the hair metal craze but style-wise I still think that's what they played. A lot of their music reminds me of "Heartbreak Station"-era Cinderella

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 2:49 pm

If you want a good sampler of the 80s/early 90s glam/sleaze scene you should get the Hollywood Rocks boxset. Mostly demos of established bands but some nice obscurities such as this unreleased warrant song:

Or how about this track from Rikki Ratchman's band (Yes, the same guy who hosted headbangers ball):

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 5:11 pm

I have that Hollywood Rocks comp but I thought the sound was iffy. I don't think I really gave it a fair shot though because I don't remember much about it. I think I'll dig it out and play it this week.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 10:34 am

I highly recommend the Hollywood Rocks boxset too. I even more highly recommend the companion book that came out at the same time. Both are a great over-view of the scene. Don't know if the dude (I think he was the author of the book) still is selling on amazon but I got both the box and book for a little over ten bucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3