Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good

Go down 
+20
ShadowAngel
jstate
DallasBlack
Thrasher73
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
nevermore
MetalGuy71
ZombieHavoc
Vexer6
exact33
ultmetal
tohostudios
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
SpectreFate
manny
mc666
Eyesore
James B.
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 9:27 am

Some good bands there. Spread Eagle would be my favorite of that bunch.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 10:41 am

nevermore wrote:
Getting soft in your old age are ya? lol! just kidding

Yep. The sex, drugs and rock n roll mentality of that era just doesn't cut it with this old fart no more. Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 251456

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 1:47 pm

Of those, I have two Sleeze Beez and two Shotgun Messiah albums.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 5:15 pm

Quote :
I walked out on Roughhouse once when they played L'amour in Brooklyn. They were godawful

Crazy thing is how much their CD goes for nowadays. And yeah I'll admit it's on my amazon wish list but no way I'm paying anywhere near what the going rate is.

When I was 17 there was no way I wasn't buying an album from a group called Spread Eagle with a first single "Switchblade Serenade". As soon as I saw the ad for it, and not having heard a note of it, I knew I had to have it. And it more than held up to the expectations.

Here is another one I always liked

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 5:28 pm

Wow, I guess I can add that Roughhouse to my retirement portfolio. I picked that up used for 6.99 back when I was living in TN in the 80s. I don't remember a thing about it but it looks like even a used copy is going for decent money on Amazon.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 5:32 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Wow, I guess I can add that Roughhouse to my retirement portfolio. I picked that up used for 6.99 back when I was living in TN in the 80s. I don't remember a thing about it but it looks like even a used copy is going for decent money on Amazon.

Of course that's what they're asking for it, not nessesarily (sic) what someone will pay for it. I've seen stuff on Amazon go for $30-50 but find them cheap in the bargain bin of a used CD store.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 5:34 pm

But it's a good gauge as to what people think they can get for albums. That's how I figure out how much to sell CDs for. And I just checked Ebay and I don't even see it there at all.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 5:43 pm

There's also BB Steal, who sound an awful like Def Leppard.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 5:49 pm

How about Thunder who sound like early Whitesnake?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 6:13 pm

That Roughhouse disc gets snatched up pretty quick if one ever gets listed below thirty. I'm holding out hope to find it on the thrift store/flea market circuit I run through. With that one I can be patient.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 6:17 pm

tohostudios wrote:

headbanger And despite what others said, I still contend that the vocalist sounds like Freddy Mercury a times.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 6:22 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 11840 And despite what others said, I still contend that the vocalist sounds like Freddy Mercury a times.

I can hear a little bit of that maybe. Personally I think he sounds more like Coverdale or Paul Rodgers. Regardless, those are some fine vocalists to draw comparisons to.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 6:57 pm

jstate wrote:
That Roughhouse disc gets snatched up pretty quick if one ever gets listed below thirty. I'm holding out hope to find it on the thrift store/flea market circuit I run through. With that one I can be patient.

There ya go; on my retirement list it goes...

Seriously, out of my 3300 or so CDs I probably have about 100 that list for about this price or even more. What started out as a collecting hobby has actually turned into a fallback position should I need money somewhere down the road.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 9:14 am

tohostudios wrote:
jstate wrote:

Seriously, out of my 3300 or so CDs I probably have about 100 that list for about this price or even more. What started out as a collecting hobby has actually turned into a fallback position should I need money somewhere down the road.

By the time you need to sell it, it will probably have been reissued by Rock Candy or someone. That's why I never pay those collector prices. Most of that stuff gets reissued.

People used to pay ridiculous prices for Electric Angels. That CD can now be found on Amazon for like $14 or something.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 11:43 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
jstate wrote:

By the time you need to sell it, it will probably have been reissued by Rock Candy or someone. That's why I never pay those collector prices. Most of that stuff gets reissued.

People used to pay ridiculous prices for Electric Angels. That CD can now be found on Amazon for like $14 or something.

Plus, as I said it's only as much as one is willing to pay for it. Many of those CDs at high prices on Amazon stay on there for a long time untill they're eventually reduced in price. When it comes to hard to find CDs, I have a limit of $20-25 (depending on how good they are). Any more and I usually pass it by, my wantlist is too long and my income too small to put too much money on any one album.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:16 pm

Roughhouse also formed out of a band called Teeze. The band reissued the Teeze CD a few years ago, and sold it through their website. I don't know if it's still available from them or not. Teeze were better than Roughhouse, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 8:45 am

I like most of those bands, especially Wildside (Under the Influence (forget their second one) is just awesome) and Roughouse, Spread Eagle, Cats in Boots (Kicked & Klawed is a pretty good album). Dumb Lyrics but ain't it fun to listen to it.

Most people tend to take music way too serious, there's no fun allowed.
(But then again, i also like the 1966 Batman series and stupid movies like Turkish Star Wars or Troll 2 Wink )
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 10:11 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Roughhouse also formed out of a band called Teeze. The band reissued the Teeze CD a few years ago, and sold it through their website. I don't know if it's still available from them or not. Teeze were better than Roughhouse, in my opinion.

Teeze/Roughhouse was a staple of the Philly rock club scene for awhile, right after Cinderella hit. I never got a chance to see them, but I've got friends that were big fans and would see them all the time. The members used to hang out at Tower Records all the time too.

I had a few cdr's of their material that my buddy gave me, but I can't remember what happened to them.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 12:43 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:
I like most of those bands, especially Wildside (Under the Influence (forget their second one

Wish I could Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:38 pm

That type of stuff is all good to me. I've always liked it. I only have that one tune by Spread Eagle (on a metal comp) in my collection though.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 8:57 am

Never knew about the Teeze/Roughhouse connection. I saw Teeze once as they played pretty regularly in the Baltimore loop. I thought they were really good. Of course looking it up just now their CD makes Roughhouse's look like a bargain. What I won't give to have a time machine to go back and buy all those things so costly and rare today.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 8:29 pm

seeing how I am the biggest glam/hair metal fan here Wink let me start by saying I have every album listed on this thread in cd form. The teeze and shotgun messiah (fisrt 2 albums) I have on cassette, record and CD and now on my mp3 player Twisted Evil

here are a few that are kinda overlooked..

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 8:34 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
seeing how I am the biggest glam/hair metal fan here Wink let me start by saying I have every album listed on this thread in cd form. The teeze and shotgun messiah (fisrt 2 albums) I have on cassette, record and CD and now on my mp3 player Twisted Evil

here are a few that are kinda overlooked..

I challenge you to a 2 out of 3 falls, no DQ, steel cage match for that glam/hair/sleaze title. lol!

And that's the song I always think of when I hear "Mamas Boys".

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 8:37 pm

here are some rare bands...and yes, I have all these albums on cd headbanger

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 8:45 pm

Sweet Cheater and Sgt Roxx aren't that rare anymore. Between Perris Records and the Eonian label, a lot of these LA Strip-type bands have become readily available.

I've heard of Madame X but the other 2 are new to me.

PostSubject: Re: Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good   Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Used to laugh, but now it seems pretty good
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next