Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Peter Criss' Autobiography

Go down 
+13
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
akeldama
ZombieHavoc
Psychotron
ultmetal
JBall_Z
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
manny
nevermore
James B.
thejokeriv
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Peter Criss' Autobiography - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss' Autobiography   Peter Criss' Autobiography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 4:53 pm

Apparently they remember it with plenty of help from their friends.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss' Autobiography   Peter Criss' Autobiography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 5:11 pm

To be honest I just always assumed the journal for Nikki was just a device to give it a more interesting perspective and was nothing more than the usual recounting of those days after the fact. Could be wrong though. But you do bring up an interesting point about how they can remember all they've put themselves through. Surprised if it is even half as bad as it is often portrayed that these guys aren't walking vegetables.

I'm a big fan of Peter Criss. Love his solo albums (I may be the only one, but really I do). Okay, One For All wasn't my thing but at least my copy is autographed. Hopefully I'll come across of copy of his book - sounds like it's a solid read. At this point I would tend to give his perspective the most credence.
Back to top Go down
Z Rocker
Metal novice
Metal novice
Z Rocker

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss' Autobiography   Peter Criss' Autobiography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 6:45 pm

I heard Peter's book was great so I am looking forward to reading it. Enjoyed Ace's book alot too
Back to top Go down
http://www.zrockblog.com
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss' Autobiography   Peter Criss' Autobiography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 7:51 pm

I read a review posted by (not written by) Lydia Criss (Peter's first wife) on Facebook. It was highly critical of Peter describing segments of the book that demonstrate his hypocrisy (hypo-Criss-y, ha ha--I made that up). It also mentioned some of the juicier bits. After reading the review, I almost feel no need to read the book, although Peter was my favorite KISS member when I was a kid.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss' Autobiography   Peter Criss' Autobiography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 8:12 pm

jstate wrote:

I'm a big fan of Peter Criss. Love his solo albums (I may be the only one, but really I do).

I like his solo stuff, too. There are some songs here and there I have to skip, but there are some real gems. I usually like to listen to his stuff when I'm in a kickback, relax mood.

The title track, "In Trouble Again" and "My Life" off Out Of Control are great as are "You Matter To Me," and "I Can't Stop The Rain" on his 1978 solo album. And there are other songs off those albums I really like like "I'm Gonna Love You," "Easy Thing," "Hooked On Rock 'N Roll," "Kiss The Girl Goodbye," "Where Will They Run?," "I Found Love," "Feel Like Letting Go."

I didn't like Let Me Rock You as well (the title track is horrible), but do like the songs "Let It Go," "Tears," "Destiny," "Some Kind Of Hurricane," "First Day In The Rain," "Feel Like Heaven." I didn't like One For All at all.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss' Autobiography   Peter Criss' Autobiography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:58 pm

Just finished this book. I enjoyed it. Peter paints himself as a bit of a douche through a lot of it. However, it seems pretty honest. He shares his feelings. He admits that he was a jerk, a douche, a cheater, a womanizer, a drug addict, depressed, etc. It's an emotional roller coaster. He doesn't paint a very pretty picture of Gene and Paul, and though he loves Ace, at the end of the book he paints Ace as a backstabber and admits he is harboring anger towards him despite the fact that he loves him.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss' Autobiography   Peter Criss' Autobiography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 1:31 pm

Maybe ACE shoould of gave him a better hummer Laughing very hard

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss' Autobiography   Peter Criss' Autobiography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 2:03 pm

Quote :
Peter paints himself as a bit of a douche through a lot of it.

That's par for the course for all of the KISS members' books released thus far. Gene came off as a douche in his own book, so did Ace. Nice to see that tradition continuing... Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss' Autobiography   Peter Criss' Autobiography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 3:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
Peter paints himself as a bit of a douche through a lot of it.

That's par for the course for all of the KISS members' books released thus far. Gene came off as a douche in his own book, so did Ace. Nice to see that tradition continuing... Very Happy

The difference being that Gene doesn't admit to being a douche, whereas Peter admits to it and even apologizes for it. I think Peter's book is much more 'revealing' about him as a person than the other two.

Gene's book sort of bugged me as he was constantly trying to diminish Peter and Ace's contributions to the band and some of the stuff he was saying was obviously lies. I mean, everyone and their mother knows that "Alive" was at least partially re-recorded in the studio. Why deny it?

Now we just need Paul's book. Too bad that Eric Carr will never be able to share his thoughts. I'd be interested to read about his time in the band.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss' Autobiography   Peter Criss' Autobiography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 4:14 pm

Quote :
Now we just need Paul's book. Too bad that Eric Carr will never be able to share his thoughts. I'd be interested to read about his time in the band.

Paul used to "seem" objective regarding Ace and Peter. Lately, he seems to got the route of Gene and bash them.

A perspective from Eric would of been great. I havn't read any of Gene's books or Ace's either. So what, if anything do they say in regrds to Eric ? I mean Eric spent more time in KISS than Peter or Ace did, so one would expect Gene to have something to say about him ?

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss' Autobiography   Peter Criss' Autobiography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 4:30 pm

James B. wrote:
Quote :

Paul used to "seem" objective regarding Ace and Peter. Lately, he seems to got the route of Gene and bash them.

A perspective from Eric would of been great. I havn't read any of Gene's books or Ace's either. So what, if anything do they say in regrds to Eric ? I mean Eric spent more time in KISS than Peter or Ace did, so one would expect Gene to have something to say about him ?

Nobody, including Peter, seems to disrespect Eric Carr. In fact, Ace had some very cool things to say about him. Ace had invited Eric to play on some of his solo stuff, but Gene wouldn't allow it and since Eric was under contract with Kiss, he couldn't even though he really wanted to.

Peter has nothing good to say about Tommy Thayer, of course. Ace didn't seem to have much good to say about his either. Both seem to think he has his nose up Gene's butt. Can't say I blame him, Kiss is a big paycheck for Tommy.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss' Autobiography   Peter Criss' Autobiography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 4:32 pm

manny wrote:
How can any of these guys (pick your fav rock book autobiography) remember any details if they truly were as wasted as they claimed?!?!?!?!?

For example, Nikki ( I once died of a drug overdose) Sixx, supposedly kept a journal while he was addicted to heroin, I meet a few heroin addicts in my life, and not a single one could barely finish a cigarette without in danger of nodding off and burning his house down, let alone keep a journal of their oh so exciting lifestyle.

Dee Snider has basically said the same thing. Any "rock star" that recounts their time of heroin addiction in great detail is full of $h!t.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss' Autobiography   Peter Criss' Autobiography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 4:35 pm

So Scott. which Gene book is best to start at. I have a hastings gift card and plan to get some reading material instaed of tuneage. Ace and Peter's books are already on the list when I make it to town. Thanks

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss' Autobiography   Peter Criss' Autobiography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 4:45 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Dee Snider has basically said the same thing. Any "rock star" that recounts their time of heroin addiction in great detail is full of $h!t.

I traveled through ALOT of our nation from 82 thru 86 playing club circuits and I can only recall "kibbles-n-bits" of what took place due to heroin addiction. In fact, I went back to a city after a few months and this guy wanted to virtually "kill" me and I was oblivious to why he was even pissed off at me. Laughing very hard Most addicts are too worried about "getting well" than trying to write anything down on paper. Also, most addicts didn't have the cash flow that Nikki had. So he was getting "loaded" on a level far beyond most addicts experience. I am of the opinion that Nikki "played" around with the stuff for a bit and O.D'd. Nothin seems to jive with any kind of real long time use/abuse.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss' Autobiography   Peter Criss' Autobiography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 5:16 pm

James B. wrote:
So Scott. which Gene book is best to start at. I have a hastings gift card and plan to get some reading material instaed of tuneage. Ace and Peter's books are already on the list when I make it to town. Thanks

Kiss & Make Up.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss' Autobiography   Peter Criss' Autobiography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 5:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:
James B. wrote:

Kiss & Make Up.

Thanks man

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss' Autobiography   Peter Criss' Autobiography - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Peter Criss' Autobiography
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2