Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tom Keifer

Go down 
+19
Fat Freddy
John Madden
the sentinel
Required Fields
ZombieHavoc
Getizzyback
corplhicks
SpectreFate
jstate
James B.
Witchfinder
exact33
manny
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
7thSaviour
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
jettafiend
Eyesore
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Tom Keifer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Keifer   Tom Keifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:48 pm

James B. wrote:
That would be "Fart-break Station" Alex

i stand corrected... insane

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tom Keifer   Tom Keifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 1:43 pm

Tom released a video for the first single 'Solid Ground'...

Still not sure that I'm 100% on-board with this new album. Not sure why. I guess I'm still holding out hope for a Cinderella release. Anyway, I'll probably pick this up at some point, just not a priority.

Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but the release date for this is April 30th in the US.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Tom Keifer   Tom Keifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:22 pm

That would've fit on Heartbreak Station, I like it lots.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tom Keifer   Tom Keifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 1:46 pm

Hey, did all y'all see the cover and track listing for Tom's new album? Here, let me help you...

Tom Keifer - Page 2 916XJkqyrRL._SL1500_

1. Solid Ground
2. A Different Light
3. It's Not Enough
4. Cold Day In Hell
5. Thick And Thin
6. Ask Me Yesterday
7. Fools Paradise
8. The Flower Song
9. Mood Elevator
10. Welcome To My Mind
11. You Showed Me
12. Ain't That A Bitch
13. The Way Life Goes
14. Babylon

Hope the music's better than that boring-ass cover. Cool

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Tom Keifer   Tom Keifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 5:44 pm

It's good, a lot of what you'd expect, Stones, Aerosmith but some stuff that's kind of Gasoline Alley Rod Stewart too.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Tom Keifer   Tom Keifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:34 pm

Very Faces. I LOVE IT.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Tom Keifer   Tom Keifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:44 pm

this is on my next amazon order.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Tom Keifer   Tom Keifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:25 pm

Quote :
Very Faces. I LOVE IT.

Yeah, good call. Especially the first part of the album.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Tom Keifer   Tom Keifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:10 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
that boring-ass cover. Cool

I "livened" up the cover. Just for you, MG. Wink

Tom Keifer - Page 2 Keifer
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tom Keifer   Tom Keifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:18 pm

See how easy that was! Now that's a cover that gets people talking!! Thanks. If I ever buy this album, then rip it to my computer, then load it into my mp3 player, this is the cover I'm using.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Tom Keifer   Tom Keifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:21 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
See how easy that was! Now that's a cover that gets people talking!! Thanks. If I ever buy this album, then rip it to my computer, then load it into my mp3 player, this is the cover I'm using.

It really draws the eye. There should be more albums with self-fellating monkeys on the cover.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tom Keifer   Tom Keifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:49 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

It really draws the eye. There should be more albums with self-fellating monkeys on the cover.

*sigh* Someday, my friend. Someday.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Tom Keifer   Tom Keifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 10:34 pm

I am really surprised how great this new album is, it's kind of a "Chinese Democracy"
release in a sense, like 10 years in the making. Tom said on the interview he wrote
the songs from '99 to '03. After being out of circulation as far as the studio is concerned,
he hasn't missed a beat! Great collection of songs here, From jammers Solid Ground,
Ain't That a Bitch etc to the great ballads like Thick and Thin, and Ask Me Yesterday...

Thumbs up TOM! ROCK ON!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Tom Keifer   Tom Keifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 1:25 pm

Except this doesn't suck like Chinese Democracy. Razz
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tom Keifer   Tom Keifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 1:37 pm

Getizzyback wrote:
I am really surprised how great this new album is, it's kind of a "Chinese Democracy"
release in a sense, like 10 years in the making. Tom said on the interview he wrote
the songs from '99 to '03. After being out of circulation as far as the studio is concerned,
he hasn't missed a beat! Great collection of songs here, From jammers Solid Ground,
Ain't That a Bitch etc to the great ballads like Thick and Thin, and Ask Me Yesterday...

Thumbs up TOM! ROCK ON!

It's not too "country" sounding, is it?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Tom Keifer   Tom Keifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 2:08 pm

There's this "current hits" station on Sirius called the 20. It's one of my wife's pre-sets in her car, and when she's flipping through, you will see Justin Bieber or Pit Bull or whoever, just like current pop hits. And they have been playing "The Flower Song" on the regular recently.

That weirded me out a little.

I want to get this record though.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Tom Keifer   Tom Keifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 5:51 pm

Wouldn't say country, more like classic Rod Stewart.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Tom Keifer   Tom Keifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Getizzyback wrote:

Thumbs up TOM! ROCK ON!

i dont think so - i think its rooted firmly in the bluesy rock style.

Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Tom Keifer   Tom Keifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 3:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Getizzyback wrote:

Thumbs up TOM! ROCK ON!

I think I know where you're coming from, if you listen to "A Different Light" I could certainly hear this
on a country station with a DIFFERENT vocalist. That is why I HATE country music today! Those crappy
generic phony country accents with lead guitars and solos, hard beats and whatnots makes me want to puke.

Tom is a singing pro, he makes it worth while and is the real deal. His true sound makes him sound
like Tom Keifer, nothing like 2,000,000 people have done over and over and over and still making
money off teenage girls are STILL doing.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Tom Keifer   Tom Keifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 10:25 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
There's this "current hits" station on Sirius called the 20. It's one of my wife's pre-sets in her car, and when she's flipping through, you will see Justin Bieber or Pit Bull or whoever, just like current pop hits. And they have been playing "The Flower Song" on the regular recently.

That weirded me out a little.

I want to get this record though.

The station you're referring to was called 20 on 20. It was a mix of standard Top 40 and underground/independent/unsigned pop performers who'd appeal to Top 40 listeners.

Very strange radio station. It was replaced around this time last year with an "rhythmic pop" station called Venus. I remember we got some pretty humorous e-mails and calls about the replacement once it happened by people who hated the new station.

I remember hearing "The Flower Song" on there, and it sure sounded out of place to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Tom Keifer   Tom Keifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 9:38 pm

This is a great listen. I find myself coming back to this again and again.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tom Keifer   Tom Keifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 1:14 pm

Tom gives a somewhat vague, cryptic answer to the Cinderella situation...

Quote :
CINDERELLA frontman Tom Keifer was asked if the band is now officially "done."

He responded: "Well, the truth of the matter is, there have been some issues with CINDERELLA, within the ranks of CINDERELLA, for years now… going back decades. They came to a head in 2012. We took some pretty extreme measures to right the ship and fix things, and we made a pact as a band in 2012 that we would not do anything as a band until the issues were resolved. That's how much it came to a head. The issues are unresolved, so that's all I can say about that."

So don't hold yer breath for any new Cinderella music. Crying or Very sad

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Tom Keifer   Tom Keifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 5:51 pm

Those "unresolved" issues could be some record company stuff. But, unfortunately, they are probably personality clashes and arguments on how to divide up the profits. I am probably right, but I really hope I am not. I would have loved a 30th Anniversary of Night Songs tour where it's played in full and then a new album to tour behind in 2017. I keep holding out hope for a deluxe of "Night" with some of the old demos that have Michael Kelly Smith playing. But, oh, well.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Tom Keifer   Tom Keifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 6:00 pm

So, I just read about this on sleazeroxx and one of the comments was about the "Portrait" deal from the mid 1990's. Anyone know what that's all about?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tom Keifer   Tom Keifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2016 11:27 am

the sentinel wrote:
So, I just read about this on sleazeroxx and one of the comments was about the "Portrait" deal from the mid 1990's. Anyone know what that's all about?

If I recall, famed A&R guy John Kalodner signed Cinderella (and some other 80's hair bands) to Portrait Records (an off-shoot of Columbia Sony records) in the early/mid 90's when no other label would touch glam bands with a 10-foot can of Aquanet. The label eventually went-under, but Cinderella was still under contract and can't release music under the Cinderella name for some reason.

I don't know how all the legal stuff works in that regard though. It's seems to me if the label doesn't exist anymore, the contract would be null & void and the band would be free to do what they want, but I guess it doesn't work that way.

PostSubject: Re: Tom Keifer   Tom Keifer - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tom Keifer
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next