Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Outlaws Album

Go down 
+5
mikeinfla
jstate
brokentulsa
exact33
tohostudios
9 posters
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

New Outlaws Album Empty
PostSubject: New Outlaws Album   New Outlaws Album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 6:36 pm

For those into Southern rock, I highly recommend the new Outlaws album "It's About Pride". This incarnation of the band features original lead vocalist Henry Paul and original drummer Monte Yoho. I gave this new one a serious listen today and I think it's the best new Southern hard rock album I've heard in a long time. You can listen to the entire thing here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/itsaboutpride?feature=results_main

Check out "Tomorrow's Another Night", "It's About Pride", "Born To Be Bad", "The Flame" and the title track.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

New Outlaws Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Outlaws Album   New Outlaws Album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 7:52 pm

I want to get Ghost Rider from them.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

New Outlaws Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Outlaws Album   New Outlaws Album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 7:59 pm

I really dig this new one. Best thing I've heard from The Outlaws since "Playin' To Win".

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

New Outlaws Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Outlaws Album   New Outlaws Album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 11:19 pm

I have always been a fan of this band. Southern Rock has always been popular where I live...Texas. I will have to get this album for sure.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

New Outlaws Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Outlaws Album   New Outlaws Album Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 10:43 am

Cool that these guys are still going. Stuff sounds really good. I'll be on the lookout for it. When I was much younger I used to crank In The Eye Of The Storm album after a night of partying. Perfect six am watching the sun come up music.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

New Outlaws Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Outlaws Album   New Outlaws Album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 10:14 am

I like it. Hearing Henry Paul made we want to go back and hear BlackHawk. I, like most people here, hate country but I really like BlackHawk. After checking out all the new Outlaws stuff I went and YouTubed some BlackHawk videos.
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ricky

Number of posts : 255

New Outlaws Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Outlaws Album   New Outlaws Album Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 3:11 pm

wow did not know they were still together
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

New Outlaws Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Outlaws Album   New Outlaws Album Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 8:11 pm

Well, obviously the band personnel now is quite different especially with the death of guitarist Hughie Thomasson several years ago. Only original drummer Monty Yoho and vocalist Henry Paul remain but they've recruited a fine bunch of other musicians to keep the flame going.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

New Outlaws Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Outlaws Album   New Outlaws Album Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 9:18 pm

Quote :
I like it. Hearing Henry Paul made we want to go back and hear BlackHawk. I, like most people here, hate country but I really like BlackHawk. After checking out all the new Outlaws stuff I went and YouTubed some BlackHawk videos.

My wife likes them and I actually don't mind them. The Outlaws incorporated a lot of country kind of like Poco or The Byrds which translated into The Blackhawks sound.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

New Outlaws Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Outlaws Album   New Outlaws Album Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 2:52 am

Thanks for the tip, must have for me I think.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

New Outlaws Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Outlaws Album   New Outlaws Album Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 6:55 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
Thanks for the tip, must have for me I think.

This one was a total surprise for me. It's in my top 5 of the year. BTW, I bought the download because the CD version was too expensive.

EDIT: Looks like both versions have come way down in price since I bought it. The Amazon download is now only 5.99. Still way cheaper than the CD version.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

New Outlaws Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Outlaws Album   New Outlaws Album Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 7:52 pm

I got their greatest hits album and will look into getting some more of their catalog.

Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3175

New Outlaws Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Outlaws Album   New Outlaws Album Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 6:29 am

This entire lp rocks - from song one to song ten -
lots of wisdom and grit -
this is one of my favs from it - esp. when going 70-80 mph -

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Outlaws Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Outlaws Album   New Outlaws Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Outlaws Album
Page 1 of 1