Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released

Go down 
+5
MetalGuy71
Wargod
Lari
DevZor
brokentulsa
9 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released Empty
PostSubject: Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released   Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 2:50 pm

This will be released on Nov. 22..I cant wait for this...

On December 10, 2007, Led Zeppelin took the stage at London’s O2 Arena to headline a tribute concert for dear friend and Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun. What followed was a two-hour-plus tour de force of the band’s signature blues-infused rock ’n’ roll that instantly became part of the legend of Led Zeppelin. Founding members John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were joined by Jason Bonham, the son of their late drummer John Bonham, to perform 16 songs from their celebrated catalog including landmark tracks “Whole Lotta Love,” “Rock And Roll,” “Kashmir,” and “Stairway To Heaven.”
Also it will be released into the movie theaters....

Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released 51rdjquGA2L._AA160_

The different formats are here...
http://www.ledzeppelin.com/buy/
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released   Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:48 pm

I was wondering when the zep' camp would release this. I'm surprised it took them this long. Anywho, I'll be picking this up for sure as well.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released   Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:58 pm

Automatic purchase, but I think I'll settle for the 2CD + Blu-Ray. I don't need dress rehearsal footage.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released   Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 8:21 pm

I'll be getting this as well!

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released   Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 9:32 am

I want to be excited about this but for some reason, I'm just sorta blah about it. It sounds great in theory, but in the long run, I'd probably be just as fine listening to the studio albums. If I really need a live fix, Ill pop in How the West Was Won.

I'd probably pick up the 2-cd set at some point down the line if I saw it cheap. I know I don't need the dvd.

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released   Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 1:08 pm

I'll definitely get the blu-ray.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released   Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 2:16 pm

I love Led Zeppelin thou I admit I don't listen to them as often thanks to Clear Channel, but I am looking forward to the DVD and I love live albums
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released   Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 3:38 pm

here ya go kiddiez.....the 2007 reunion show in all it's glory

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released   Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 1:04 pm

Totally stoked about this coming out. I might just buy a Blu-ray player for this. The version of Kashmir I saw on Youtube sounded great.

Last edited by deathisgain on Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released   Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 5:28 pm

I ended up ordering the 2CD + 1DVD version.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released   Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 2:14 am

I'll probably get it eventually as well. The setlist/ performance is really good all things considered. But still, some of the songs sound really strange being down-tuned so much. That and there is just no beating style of Zeppelin performance from '68 through at least the '77 tour. There was so much improv in those shows, it's incredible to listen to.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released   Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 9:38 am

glassprison wrote:
That and there is just no beating style of Zeppelin performance from '68 through at least the '77 tour. There was so much improv in those shows, it's incredible to listen to.

IMHDO

The improv of Zeppelin was mostly 68' through 72' as evident in the varied set lists, arrangements and medleys thrown in from show to show. After they tossed in the acoustic "set"....the shows were paint by number pretty much. The only "guessing" a fan could make would be what "mistakes" would Jimmy make in his playing. Don't get me wrong, Zeppelin is my favorite band. If ya can't knock your favorite band then what ?

If ya want some improv, try some ABB from 69' thru 71'......great stuff

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released   Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 9:28 pm

Certainly to a lesser degree but Zeppelin shows from the mid 70's were still a bit loose even within the standard framework. Even in '77, I remember listening to one bootlegged show in which the band, during the Whole Lotta Love improv section extemporaneously broke into a section of "I Can't Quit You Baby" which they hadn't played in years.

Anyway, back to my main point, it's cool to have the 2007 show available, but I personally haven't really been able to listen to any recordings of the reunion show all the way through without just wanting to put on something live from the glory days.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released   Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 4:07 pm

I got my copy in the mail today.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released   Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:07 am

I put this on my Amazon wish-list. I'm still kinda on the fence about it, but maybe my brother will pick it up for me for Christmas. Same with Monster from KISS.

I don't want them bad enough to spend my own money on them, but they'll make nice gift suggestions. santa

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released   Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:36 am

glassprison wrote:
I remember listening to one bootlegged show in which the band, during the Whole Lotta Love improv section extemporaneously broke into a section of "I Can't Quit You Baby" which they hadn't played in years.

I am sorry but if you "know" when a band is gonna break into another tune or jam during a particular song. That isn't improv (IMHDO)

If Zeppelin played a verse of "Dazed" then went into the breakdown of "Whole Lotta Love" and jammed on some obscure blues progression for 10 minutes before going back to "Dazed". That to me is improv.

I have alot of Zep bootleg vinyls from every tour. It wasn't much of a mystery to know that they'd jump into something else for a bit during "Whole Lotta Love" and even moreso during "Dazed And Confused".
Something they did at every show untill they began breaking down for the acoustic sets in 71'

Back on topic....I had the cd/dvd combo in my hand the other day. 21 bucks or so (I think) Put it back cause I have no desire to have the audio.
They had a cd only option, so why not just a dvd only option ? Guess it's only marketing/packaging to get more cd sales ?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released   Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:43 am

You'd be better off with just the cd. Seeing how old Robert & Jimmy look in high-def will only depress you. Razz

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released   Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:48 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
You'd be better off with just the cd. Seeing how old Robert & Jimmy look in high-def will only depress you. Razz

I posted the entire video from YouTube up above someplace in this thread and after watching it, I got a warm fuzzy thing going on. Jason overplayed some spots here and there. Other than that, it's a great form of nostalgia. Having had no expectations/delusions of grandeur regarding this release.

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released   Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 4:33 pm

I've been listening to the CD for a few days in the car now. It's pretty tight, but not that interesting... and when I say not interesting, it means obviously beside the fact that it's amazing and mindblowing to actually hear Led Zeppelin play their old songs again.

They don't sound quite as big and heavy as I thought they would with modern production, but the second disc actually rocks pretty hard. Nice instrumental sections and more daring arrangements, though Bonham Jr. should have punished those drums harder. Led Zep ain't supposed to be that precise.

I will watch the DVD one of these days, too.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released   Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 1:54 pm

I got the collection with 2 cd's and a blueray disc. Awesome!!! Best thing I have bought all year. I think it sounds awesome and the band is in top form.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released   Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 2:49 am

brokentulsa wrote:
I got the collection with 2 cd's and a blueray disc. Awesome!!! Best thing I have bought all year. I think it sounds awesome and the band is in top form.

I'm in complete agreement, an excellent concert. The video is especially nice because you get to see the interplay of the band members who were obviously having a blast revisiting these songs.

My favorite part of the show is the amazing song cycle of "For Your Life" (from Presence), "Trampled Under Foot" (from Physical Graffiti) and "Nobody's Fault But Mine" (Presence). Three of my favorite Zeppelin songs and these versions are stellar.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released   Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Led Zeppelin 2007 show being released
Page 1 of 1