Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NLTM October '12 Update

Go down 
+14
novellahub
Fat Freddy
ZombieHavoc
Dark Horseman
TheGreatDuck
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
Barbecuetioner
Ravenscraig
Spiner202
chewie
Witchfinder
Required Fields
ultmetal
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM October '12 Update   NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 2:38 pm

Meh, I don't need that song that bad. THanks anyway.

Metal student
Metal student
novellahub

Number of posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: NLTM October '12 Update   NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:24 pm

I noticed the tracks for "David Zaffiro - The Other Side" has the wrong track listing.

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/zaffiro.html

Quote :

1. "Stay" (4:00)
2. "I See Red" (3:22)
3. "Where Are You Now" (3:36)
4. "Why Me" (3:59)
5. "The Other Side" (6:17)
6. "Diversity" (4:43)
7. "You" (3:11)
8. "White Room Life" (3:36)
9. "Last Chance Believer" (4:28)
10. "Ashes to Ashes" (5:24)

It should be:

Quote :

1. "Stay" (4:00)
2. "I See Red" (3:22)
3. "Where Are You Now" (3:36)
4. "Why Me" (3:59)
5. "The Other Side" (6:17)
6. "Diversity" (4:43)
7. "You" (3:11)
8. "To The End" (4:27)
9. "Only Eyes" (3:39)
10. "Spirit Of The Lord" (4:50)

Back to top Go down
http://www.rchobbyhub.com
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: NLTM October '12 Update   NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:31 pm

Enjoyed the update Scott. Your review of the new Grave Digger inspired me to finally order "The Clans Will Rise Again" and "Clash Of The Gods". I haven't listened to 'Clash" yet, but "Clans" kicks ass!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: NLTM October '12 Update   NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:52 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
Enjoyed the update Scott. Your review of the new Grave Digger inspired me to finally order "The Clans Will Rise Again" and "Clash Of The Gods". I haven't listened to 'Clash" yet, but "Clans" kicks ass!

Right on. I'm really enjoying the new GD.

novellahub wrote:
I noticed the tracks for "David Zaffiro - The Other Side" has the wrong track listing.

THANKS. headbanger

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: NLTM October '12 Update   NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 3:35 pm

You've got Bare Bones before some bands that come before alphabetically.
Also, got any power metal to review? I see you're still missing the latest albums from Blind Guardian, Running Wild, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Stratovarius and Unisonic.
Also, got any Sabaton?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM October '12 Update   NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 4:31 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
You've got Bare Bones before some bands that come before alphabetically.

Thanks.

TheGreatDuck wrote:
Y
Also, got any power metal to review? I see you're still missing the latest albums from Blind Guardian, Running Wild, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Stratovarius and Unisonic.
Also, got any Sabaton?

I have none of those yet. I take donations. Razz

Currently I working on reviews of Mogg/Way - Chocolate Box & Bang Tango - Ready to Go.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: NLTM October '12 Update   NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 4:54 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Currently I working on reviews of Mogg/Way - Chocolate Box

Cool! I've been wondering about that one. Will we find out why they just didn't call it a UFO album????
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM October '12 Update   NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 5:43 pm

chewie wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Currently I working on reviews of Mogg/Way - Chocolate Box

Cool! I've been wondering about that one. Will we find out why they just didn't call it a UFO album????

From what I read, Shenker owned a percentage of the UFO name at the time as part of the 'reunion' agreement. So, they couldn't legally call themselves UFO. I've read that on-line, so I cannot verity if it's fact or not.

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: NLTM October '12 Update   NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 12:17 am

I have an odd request, do you own any grunge albums? It would be interesting to see a review of something like Nirvana's Nevermind from the perspective of a metal fan.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM October '12 Update   NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:40 am

Hadley wrote:
I have an odd request, do you own any grunge albums? It would be interesting to see a review of something like Nirvana's Nevermind from the perspective of a metal fan.

Can't stand Nirvana. Sorry.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: NLTM October '12 Update   NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 3:25 pm

Hadley wrote:
I asked him the same questions some time ago. He said he liked some Soundgarden and AiC.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM October '12 Update   NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 3:32 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
Hadley wrote:
I asked him the same questions some time ago. He said he liked some Soundgarden and AiC.

The thing is, there is so much music that I want to listen to that I own and much more that I don't even own yet, I don't really want to listen to music that doesn't float my boat. Grunge just does nothing for me. It's boring. I remember liking some Soundgarden back in the late 80's. Pearl Jam and Nirvana, and all the ilk that followed them, just aren't my thing.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: NLTM October '12 Update   NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:39 pm

Of course you won't buy music that doesn't suit your tastes. Still, I think from time to time one should give another chance to music he didn't like earlier; although, considering you're probably used to hearing Nirvana and Pearl Jam on the radio, you probably won't find much to like in them. Still, that doesn't exclude that there's some lesser known tunes you might actually dig...And don't write off the whole grunge scene, it's not a real genre IMHO - a lot of these bands differed from each other, but where lumped together because of being from Seattle.

Anyway, got any jazz? I think you'd like some '70s fusion, like Mahavishnu Orchestra, Herbie Hancock, Return to Forever or Weather Report.

Also, I remember you mentioned you've got some Honeymoon Suite CDs, any chance of them appearing here anytime soon?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: NLTM October '12 Update   NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:56 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
Mahavishnu Orchestra, Herbie Hancock, Return to Forever or Weather Report.

didst thou speak mine language? headbanger
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: NLTM October '12 Update   NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 8:46 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:
Mahavishnu Orchestra, Herbie Hancock, Return to Forever or Weather Report.

didst thou speak mine language? headbanger

Did you want a Vegamite sandwich?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM October '12 Update   NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:21 pm

Vita-Meata-Vega-Min?

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: NLTM October '12 Update   NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:51 pm

Ult, here's a '70s band from Serbia you might like. Some really great musicianship here:

And here's also a song in English:

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM October '12 Update   NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 1:08 pm

Cool. Thanks.

SMAK!

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: NLTM October '12 Update   NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:07 pm

Glad you liked 'em. I'll post some more Yugo rock soon. Might even send you some CDs...in the distant future when I'll be rich enough.

Anyway, on your Be Bop Deluxe page you say they were influenced by David Bowie's Berlin album, are you sure you didn't mean Lou Reed?
And speaking of him, have you got any of his albums?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM October '12 Update   NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:11 pm

Should be Berlin-era. Thanks for the catch.

Last edited by ultmetal on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: NLTM October '12 Update   NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:55 pm

I'm not that familiar with Bowie, but I just googled Belen and I couldn't find any connection of this word with Bowie. A typo again?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM October '12 Update   NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 5:02 pm

Berlin-era.

It's Friday. I'm tired. Haha! insane

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Bowie#1976.E2.80.9379:_the_Berlin_era

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: NLTM October '12 Update   NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 8:14 pm

Hey, ult! I opened a thread for another ex-Yu band you might like, Bijelo Dugme, so check them out:
http://www.heartofmetal.net/t18797-yugo-rock-bijelo-dugme-70s-hard-rock-prog-in-the-vein-of-deep-purple-uriah-heep-zepp-etc#519627
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: NLTM October '12 Update   NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 1:55 am

Just curious but are you going to finish the Foghat page? you have several albums listed at the bottom and no reviews.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM October '12 Update   NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:01 am

jettafiend wrote:
Just curious but are you going to finish the Foghat page? you have several albums listed at the bottom and no reviews.

Need to get them on CD. It's hard for me to 'review' vinyl since I can only listen to it when I am at home.

PostSubject: Re: NLTM October '12 Update   NLTM October '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NLTM October '12 Update
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next