Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.

Go down 
+4
DallasBlack
jstate
Sutekh
Dark Horseman
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.  Empty
PostSubject: Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.    Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:48 pm

If you missed the first one and don't have them grab this.

http://www.arkeynsteel.com/arkeynsteel/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=122:warlord-anthology-2nd-press&catid=1:news&Itemid=2
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.    Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 4:11 am

I did miss out, and will try to grab this. The link doesn't seem to work, though.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.    Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 9:42 am

For anyone who has the first edition of this with the book - is it worth it to hope to find one with the book (fat chance, I know), or am I just better off jumping on this re-pressing? Basically does the book add much to the anthology?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.    Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 1:07 pm

The link worked for me but you can do a search if it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

PostSubject: Re: Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.    Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 11:15 pm

Hmm.. the link works today, but not yesterday. Weird.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.    Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 11:55 pm

Sutekh wrote:
Hmm.. the link works today, but not yesterday. Weird.

Someone must have read your post and fixed it Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.    Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 7:06 am

I wish I had pre-ordered the version with the book. Sad It's impossible to find now.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

PostSubject: Re: Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.    Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 9:07 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I wish I had pre-ordered the version with the book. Sad It's impossible to find now.

Likewise. Still, I've just ordered this version. It's better than nothing!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.    Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 9:43 pm

I'd be curious what the book would go for now?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.    Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:16 am

I have the version with the book. It's an awesome thing to have, and I enjoy reading it, but when I'm done with that, I'm not sure how much use I have for it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.    Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:24 am

How big of book is it? Or more importantly how detailed is it about the band's history?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.    Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:52 am

Looks like a really nice colletion they've put together. Little pricey for me though.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

PostSubject: Re: Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.    Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Looks like a really nice colletion they've put together. Little pricey for me though.

Really? With postage, it works out to just over AU$31 for me. In Australia, a new regular CD is around AU$30, so a double (and a limited release) disc at that price is an excellent deal from my perspective!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.    Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:17 am

Sutekh wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Really? With postage, it works out to just over AU$31 for me. In Australia, a new regular CD is around AU$30, so a double (and a limited release) disc at that price is an excellent deal from my perspective!

If my calculations are correct, it's over $30 USD for it. Too much for me to spend on a band that I'm not familiar with.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.    Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 12:11 pm

Man, you need to check out some Warlord. Classic, underground metal.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.    Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 12:42 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Man, you need to check out some Warlord. Classic, underground metal.

Yea, I looked them up and played some tunes. Good stuff, no doubt. Just not in my general interests these days.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.    Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 1:37 pm

jstate wrote:
How big of book is it? Or more importantly how detailed is it about the band's history?

I don't have it in front of me right now, but it is about a regular pocket book size. It's very detailed, but perhaps not so well written?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

PostSubject: Re: Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.    Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 7:21 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Sutekh wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

If my calculations are correct, it's over $30 USD for it. Too much for me to spend on a band that I'm not familiar with.

Fair call. By way of comparison, what's the average price for a new release CD in the US?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.    Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 10:01 am

Sutekh wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Sutekh wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Fair call. By way of comparison, what's the average price for a new release CD in the US?

Anywhere from $10-$18, depending on how well a distribution the band gets.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.    Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:36 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Sutekh wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

For a band you aren't that into, $30 is definitely too much. Though for people that do want Warlord, that's a great deal. Their earlier stuff goes for stupid amounts some times.

I used to have the best of Warlord, which is basically their first LP. Got it used for like $8. Foolishly sold it (as I did those Girl discs I was talking about), and now it's a bit difficult to come by.

Until this anthology, that is. For as long as its available, anyway.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.    Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 10:04 am

Quote :
I don't have it in front of me right now, but it is about a regular pocket book size. It's very detailed, but perhaps not so well written?

I'll probably regret it, but I think I'll hold off on this second pressing in hopes of finding one with the book. If I'm going to shell out over thirty for something I'd like it to be the complete package. I recently found the Best Of Warlord disc and that'll hold me till then. To be honest they didn't really blow me away so I'm fine playing the waiting game for this anthology.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.    Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warlord anthology, second pressing coming.
Page 1 of 1