Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warlord (US)

Go down 
+6
ZetaReticuli
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
Metallic Blaze
kmorg
Dave the Boss
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Warlord (US) Empty
PostSubject: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:32 pm

Been on a Warlord kick since yesterday. I found the 2002 reunion disc Rising out of the Ashes in the bargain bin at a record store yesterday, and despite Hammerfall's Joacim Cans' vocals (which I don't like at all) I freaking love this! It isn't as brilliant as their debut EP and LP, but damn, is this good!

Any more people that love this brilliant band as much as I do?
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Warlord (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:35 pm

headbanger
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Warlord (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:48 pm

I've only heard the album with Cans, which I loved, and other bands covering Warlord. But their Cd's are so hard to find for a decent price.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Warlord (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:50 pm

I believe the Best of Warlord disc is still pretty easy to find. It features everything the band recorded during their original tenure (besides the two demos), so that is probably your best bet.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Warlord (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:53 pm

Wow, this is the first time I heard Warlor'd own version of Child Of The Damned. Hammerfall did a pretty awesome version, VERY close to the original.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Warlord (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:58 pm

Never heard the Hammerfall version. Probably better anyway, since I have an intense, profound hatred for Hammerfall. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Warlord (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 4:42 pm

I love Hammerfall.

It was in fact their cover of "Child of the Damned" on their covers album, "Masterpieces" that peaked my interest in Warlord.

I still don't have any of their albums - but I hope to remedy that soon.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Warlord (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:43 pm

Great band! I like the EP, the first album and the reunion album with Joacim Cans. It's all good.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Warlord (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:55 pm

Brilliant band!

Amazing melodic guitar style and amazing drumming.

One of a kind.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Warlord (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 7:30 pm

It's such a shame that Tsamis' post-Warlord band Lordian Guard didn't have real drums and a proper metal singer (although the female vocals are very atmospheric). That's another great band. Too bad the third album was never finished.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

Warlord (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 8:04 pm

I liked the first Lordian Guard album. It was really weird, and made me feel like I was in the middle ages or something.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

Warlord (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 11:25 pm

I believe there was a recent DVD called Book One which had a CD copy of Deliver Us included. Great band -love that and the Rising... album. I think the original vocalist did some work on the last Martiria disc.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Warlord (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:58 am

Just be careful when your buying albums from "Warlord".

I found a copy of a cd at my local store -and it was a Warlord cd.

Turns out they are some new hardcore/metalcore band. UGH! What a waste of talent too. Terrible music. Terrible. Treachorous.

So just be warned. There's a new Warlord out there that's popular with the Hot Topic crowd now.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Warlord (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:18 am

Sutekh wrote:
I believe there was a recent DVD called Book One which had a CD copy of Deliver Us included. Great band -love that and the Rising... album. I think the original vocalist did some work on the last Martiria disc.

Yup. The DVD is the video of the band lipsynching to the songs of their first LP, And the Cannons of Destruction have begun. Although it's not really live, it's still killer.

Never heard of Martiria, but I love the original vocalist's voice. I''ll have to check that out.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Warlord (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:23 pm

Time to give this 'un a well deserved kick up the arse!

I have to say I love the reunion disc as much now as the stuff they did in the 1980s. The Lordian Guard songs just sound so much better with real drums, and the better productions helps a whole lot too. If only Zonder and Tsamis would come together and record what was supposed to be on the third Lordian Guard LP, The Holy Empire... preferably with John Arch on vocals! Laughing
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Warlord (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 2:44 am

They were one of my favorite bands back then (along with Saracen). Pre Prog-metal.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Warlord (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:56 am

I don't think I would put them in the proto/pre-prog metal category. Oh well, still an amazing band.

By the way, any love for Tsamis' post-Warlord band Lordian Guard?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Warlord (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:59 am

http://www.metal-metropolis.com/loridan_guard.htm

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Warlord (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:02 am

kmorg wrote:
http://www.metal-metropolis.com/loridan_guard.htm

Hehe, I can understand your opinion. Even though I absolutely love the material, one can only imagina how great those albums would've been with the original Warlord singer, a better production and Mark Zonder on drums. I have to say though that I think the first Lordian Guard disc is the better one of the two.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Warlord (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:19 am

Never been able to find it anywhere. Is it even released on CD?

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Warlord (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:37 am

kmorg wrote:
Never been able to find it anywhere. Is it even released on CD?

Yeah, I have both albums. It's good stuff, it sounds pretty medieval-ish...like...if the Bible made music, then it would be Lordian Guard.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Warlord (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:24 pm

Warlord is cool, but I need to hear some more.

I never checked out Lordian Guard because of how amazingly awkward the name was and how it bothers me to say it and how it's almost Gordian Knot rearranged but without the 'Knot' part and it bothers me. True story.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Warlord (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:48 pm

The name is from John Milton's Paradise Lost, but I agree that it's kinda weird. The music is absolutely killer though.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Warlord (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:52 pm

my name is man.... from dust i stand...a new born song...a story...
upon this land...a mighty hand... something-something-something glory... i forgot.. Warlord (US) Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Warlord (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:29 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:
my name is man.... from dust i stand...a new born song...a story...
upon this land...a mighty hand... something-something-something glory... i forgot.. Warlord (US) Icon_biggrin

lol!

I prefer the Warlord version though. The production is meatier, and it's got Mark Zonder on it... nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Warlord (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warlord (US)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next