Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!

Go down 
+6
MetalGuy71
JaguarBlaze
Eyesore
James B.
Witchfinder
ultmetal
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Empty
PostSubject: Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!   Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:26 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170774834492?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!   Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:28 pm

$999!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!   Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:29 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
$999!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting price. That's a steal!

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!   Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:34 pm

It's not that rare...............sheeeesh

I got a copy for 2.00 bucks and the lil hole in the wall store had another copy Laughing very hard

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!   Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:13 pm

James B. wrote:

I got a copy for 2.00 bucks and the lil hole in the wall store had another copy Laughing very hard

No, this is the original pressing. There is the Walking the Dig (Dog) typo and an entire paragraph in the bio that was removed in subsequent pressings. It's fairly rare, but no one is going to pay that price. I spoke with the seller. He's a nice guy, but I think his starting bid is way to high. I think he based it on what Steven Tyler said in his book about it being a worthy investment if you can find a copy.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!   Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:15 pm

I just looked at the cover and didn't read any particulars in the item description.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!   Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:15 pm

James B. wrote:

So that means it's not rare? surprised

Anyway...

Hey, Scott, you think the leather digipack version of Pump is worth $9.99?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!   Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:
James B. wrote:

No, this is the original pressing. There is the Walking the Dig (Dog) typo and an entire paragraph in the bio that was removed in subsequent pressings. It's fairly rare, but no one is going to pay that price. I spoke with the seller. He's a nice guy, but I think his starting bid is way to high. I think he based it on what Steven Tyler said in his book about it being a worthy investment if you can find a copy.
No one knows how to use eBay anymore. Price things low; make people think they have a chance. I sold a damn three-song cassette demo for over $1,000 and it's started at $2.

If I'd started it at $1,000, I doubt it would have sold.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!   Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:20 pm

Eyesore wrote:
James B. wrote:

So that means it's not rare? surprised

Anyway...

If ya ever been to the small town on the Northern California coast where I bought it, maybe you'd undertand my sentiment ? I have seen quite a few copies of the original cover, So to me they are not rare. The particulars that Scott mentioned changes the entire parameters of what I posted.

Metal novice
Metal novice
JaguarBlaze

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!   Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:29 pm

Wow.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!   Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:41 am

I was gonna place a bid, but I'm not paying $4.95 to ship it. Forget that.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!   Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:05 am

[quote="Eyesore"]
James B. wrote:

YES.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!   Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:56 am

[quote="ultmetal"]
Eyesore wrote:
James B. wrote:

YES.

It's a nice little collector's piece, but there aren't any exclusive tracks or anything that I recall. It's the same track listing as the regular release, just packaged in nice faux leather. I picked up mine in a used shop a few years ago cause it looked neat. I think I only paid $7 or $8 bucks for mine. I also have the fuzzy cowhide version of Get a Grip.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!   Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:00 pm

ultmetal wrote:
James B. wrote:

well thats the first sign there is a problem. Listening to Tyler???
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!   Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 11:35 am

Good grief.

...is the seller the same guy who posted here a few times asking about the "liner notes" to the first album? I wondered why that dude seemed so obsessed with finding a certain quote from the back of the record.

...looks like the original auction has ended with zero bids, and it was re-listed with an opening price of $599. What a bargain!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!   Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Good grief.

...is the seller the same guy who posted here a few times asking about the "liner notes" to the first album? I wondered why that dude seemed so obsessed with finding a certain quote from the back of the record.

...looks like the original auction has ended with zero bids, and it was re-listed with an opening price of $599. What a bargain!

Yes, that is the same guy that posted here some years ago. He seems to be a nice guy. Nothing wrong with trying to make a buck if people are willing to pay for it.

Frankly, I think he'd better off starting the bid at around $20 and put a reserve on it, so that if it doesn't get up to what he wants he doesn't have to sell it.

As an avid Aero-nut I'd love to have this as part of my collection, but I just am not going to take out a loan for a vinyl just for a typo and a few extra lines of type in the bio.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!   Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 7:00 pm

a savings of $400?? What a bargain!!!

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!   Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 2:57 pm

Less than 2 hours to go and still no bids at the deep discounted price of $599. Get on it!!

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!   Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:14 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Less than 2 hours to go and still no bids at the deep discounted price of $599. Get on it!!

I've got my eye on it, so you guys need to back off. Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! 19976

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!   Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 5:36 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
$999!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And $4.95 shipping that kills me!

Wargod
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!   Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 6:57 pm

i cannot believe it didnt sell!!!

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!   Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:19 pm

He's at it again...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170795106333&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNARL:US:1123

Still going for the discounted starting pice of $599 and only $4.95 to ship.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!   Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:22 pm

Is this guy insane?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!   Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:16 pm

[quote="manny"]Is this guy insane?[/quote

if doing the same thing over and over again is insane, then yes.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!   Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:16 am

[quote="exact33"]
manny wrote:
Is this guy insane?[/quote

if doing the same thing over and over again is insane, then yes.

Welp, then I guess he's clearly insane...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170837999467?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2661

PostSubject: Re: Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!   Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Don't miss out! Aerosmith original pressing for a bargain!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next