Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uncle Slam - Say Uncle

Go down 
+8
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
kmorg
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
ultmetal
Troublezone
sovdat
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Empty
PostSubject: Uncle Slam - Say Uncle   Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 3:35 am

I always thought that this album was pressed only in Japan, but according to this site - http://www4.pf-x.net/~steeler/disco/U/UNCLESLAM.htm - there is also an press on Caroline Records, which is probably from United States?? Has anyone came across with CR version?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Slam - Say Uncle   Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 4:26 am

I want that cd!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Slam - Say Uncle   Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 8:08 am

I had thought that "Say Uncle" was never released on CD in the US or Europe. I've never seen a copy if it has.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Slam - Say Uncle   Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 8:17 am

I was thinking like you Sovdat.I thought it was only released in Japan.And its hard as heck to find a copy at a reasonable price.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Slam - Say Uncle   Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 9:55 am

I'm not sure I believe that site. Everyone I have ever talked to has said that the Japanese press is the only CD version that exists. I would have to see the supposed Caroline CD with my own eyes before I believed it.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Slam - Say Uncle   Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 10:28 am

Of course people have also said that Caroline never pressed copies of the first Reverend EP on CD, but I have one.

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Slam - Say Uncle   Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:54 am

UNCLE SLAM Free Shipping EXTENDED - to ORDER go to:

http://tribunalrecords.bigcartel.com/category/divebomb-records

Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Uncleslam

We are so overwhelmed with the support for this release that we have decided to extend our offer of FREE SHIPPING on all domestic orders of Say Uncle for one more week! If you already picked up your copy, we thank you, but be sure to tell your friends about the extension in case they were unable to pick one up. We thank you all for your continued support of our reissue label!

OVERVIEW:
UNCLE SLAM’s Say Uncle was released in 1988 and featured former Suicidal Tendencies drummer, Amery Smith (he performed on their now classic debut album). Upon its release Say Uncle was immediately recognizable thanks to it’s distinctive and iconic artwork created by artist, Michael Seiff, who at the time was becoming more popular with help from bands like Suicidal Tendencies, Excel, No Mercy and Wasted Youth already having had his artwork grace their most recent albums. Besides the slick cover art Uncle Slam had equally impressive production due to Randy Burns being brought on board to work with the band. He was responsible for some of the metal scene’s most impressive releases to date like Peace Sells…But Who’s Buying (Megadeth), Darkness Descends (Dark Angel), Seven Churches (Possessed) and Scream Bloody Gore (Death).
In most critics’ minds UNCLE SLAM’s Say Uncle may not be known as the most innovative album of the 1980’s Thrash era, but it most definitely stands right alongside the likes of I Hate Therefore I Am (Cyclone Temple), Born To Expire (Leeway) Mind Wars (Holy Terror), Beast On My Back (Crumbsuckers) Kill To Survive (Meliah Rage) as one of collectors’ favorite, yet critically underappreciated albums ever released. Say Uncle has an undeniable crossover appeal to any Thrash Metal fans looking for an additional dose of hardcore styled aggression. Now being out of print for nearly 20 years we are happy to bring this previous “holy grail” back to life for the fans (new or old) to discover and enjoy all over again!
FOR FANS OF:
SUICIDAL TENDENCIES, EXCEL, MUNICPAL WASTE, EXODUS, TOXIC HOLOCAUST, ANTHRAX and all cult Thrash Metal.
SELLING POINTS:
- First time on CD outside JAPAN
- Out of print for nearly 20 years until now
- Limited Edition of 1,000 units (CD ONLY - Say Uncle or die!!)
- Includes introduction written by Matt of KILLWHITNEYDEAD & Tribunal/Divebomb Records
- All tracks remastered in 2009 by Jamie King
TRACK LIST:
01 Weirdo Man
02 The Ugly Dude
03 Judgement Day
04 Micro Logic
05 Contaminated
06 Up From Beneath
07 Executioner
08 The Prophecy
09 Say Uncle
10 Immolation
11 Eve Of The End
12 Come Alive
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Slam - Say Uncle   Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:46 am

Cool,just ordered a copy!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Slam - Say Uncle   Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:35 pm

Free shipping, my bunghole angry

lol!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Slam - Say Uncle   Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 2:25 pm

Has anyone here actually heard this one? I have their other 2 and while I lke them ok enough, they aren't frequent spinners. How does this one compare to their other releases?

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Slam - Say Uncle   Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:03 pm

Metalguy,

My computer at work won't allow myspace but I've found that on youtube most -or all - of all but the most obscure albums are on there these days. This will get you started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us9s7-2v3dM&feature=player_embedded
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Slam - Say Uncle   Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:19 pm

Youtube is so great for that. It's now the first place I look to hear samples.

I ordered this. Divebomb does a really nice job with their releases. I would also highly recommend those TKO discs too. It will be nice to finally cross Say Uncle off my want list.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Slam - Say Uncle   Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:41 pm

This is an insane album. considering say uncle or die comes with it, I may just pick this up.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Slam - Say Uncle   Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:56 pm

Just got mine today. Listening to it right now (on my second listen). Highest recommendation I can give. If you're any kind of thrash/crossover fan you need to get this. Absolutely killer.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Slam - Say Uncle   Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:41 am

Ordered mine a couple days ago. Can't wait!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Slam - Say Uncle   Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:49 pm

Glad you guys are digging it!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Slam - Say Uncle   Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 11:28 am

Ordered this cd earlier today. Never owned any Uncle Slam music before.

I believe this one is their best?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Slam - Say Uncle   Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 12:38 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Not sure. I only own When God Dies and it's really good.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Slam - Say Uncle   Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 2:37 pm

I got Say Uncle from DiveBomb records a while back. Very cool Suicidal Tendencies style crossover thrash!

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Slam - Say Uncle   Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 2:39 pm

I have all the Uncle Slam albums except “When God Dies”. I sold it years ago for some reason. I guess I didn’t like it as much as the other two.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Slam - Say Uncle   Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 2:49 pm

This thread must be old, because Scott hasn’t posted here in years now. I see that I ordered the album not long after he shared the link. It’s been at least five or more years that I’ve owned it. Great album! I recommend it!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Slam - Say Uncle   Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 4:01 pm

Troublezone wrote:
This thread must be old, because Scott hasn’t posted here in years now. I see that I ordered the album not long after he shared the link. It’s been at least five or more years that I’ve owned it. Great album! I recommend it!

I have only checked one sample and ordered the cd accordingly.

I usually don't listen to many samples before ordering.

Still enjoy the element of surprise.

Now i am very excited headbanger headbanger.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Slam - Say Uncle   Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 9:28 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Say Uncle and Will Work for Food (their 2nd album) are both REALLY solid bangers Very Happy

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Slam - Say Uncle   Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 12:49 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Say Uncle and Will Work for Food (their 2nd album) are both REALLY solid bangers Very Happy

I couldn't find Will Work For Food for an acceptable price. Hope it gets a proper reissue one day.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Slam - Say Uncle   Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2021 4:08 am

This is actually the track that made me go for the album:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Slam - Say Uncle   Uncle Slam - Say Uncle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uncle Slam - Say Uncle
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next