Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?

Go down 
+10
MetalGuy71
Sutekh
Required Fields
exact33
T-Roy
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
Dark Horseman
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Empty
PostSubject: Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?   Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 2:26 pm

Hey, it has to be better then the first one.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?   Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Somewhat, but it will be more of a rental than anything else for me.

And I agree, gotta be better than the Stallone version.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?   Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 2:57 pm

There's no Rob Schneider in this new one. Therefore it's already better than the Stallone one, and it hasn't even been released yet. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?   Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 3:09 pm

The Anthrax guys??? Uh, probably not...
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?   Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 3:42 pm

It's getting good reviews so I will go see it.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?   Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 3:44 pm

STOP IT, EVERYBODY JUST STOP IT!!! The world did not need this!! Mad
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?   Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 4:19 pm

Quote :

There's no Rob Schneider in this new one. Therefore it's already better than the Stallone one, and it hasn't even been released yet. Very Happy

plus 25. I liked the comic so i'm hoping this is worth watching.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?   Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:14 pm

http://io9.com/5925364/dredd-is-a-brutal-action-flick-with-both-a-high-body-count-and-a-brain
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?   Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:25 pm

A high body count ? I'm sure it will. A brain ? We'll see....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?   Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:24 pm

I'm moving this thread to Gutterbox.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?   Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 9:08 pm

Ill give the new flick a try. It would have to be pretty bad to be on level with the first one.

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?   Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 5:08 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
The Anthrax guys??? Uh, probably not...

From what I've been told, neither "I Am the Law" by Anthrax nor "Darkness Descends" by Dark Angel are heard anywhere in the movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?   Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 9:02 pm

It's got the creator of the Dredd comics involved, so it will certainly be truer to his vision for Dredd than the Stallone version.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?   Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:12 pm

I saw it today and really enjoyed the movie. It's violent and bloody and stays true to the feel of the comics.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?   Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 10:18 am

I wouldn't go to the theater, but I'd watch it when it reached dvd or cable. Probably.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?   Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 6:23 pm

I don't know if anyone saw the movie The Raid: Redemption, but this was just like that movie except with Judge Dredd as a character.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?   Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 5:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I wouldn't go to the theater, but I'd watch it when it reached dvd or cable. Probably.
You're talking about actual minutes of your life here!!!?? Not loose change in your underwear drawer?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?   Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 5:25 pm

It was "okay", a good, violent action film, nothing more.

It also lost about 40 million dollars, so don't expect another.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?   Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 5:42 pm

S.D. wrote:

Yikes, that's gotta hurt. I do wanna see the new Sly flick. It looks good actually. Can't remember the name. You seen that yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?   Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 5:58 pm

Bullet In The Head hasn't been released yet, I think it comes out in February. I'm not really into the "aging action stars out for one last hurrah" thing.

There is also a prison escape film coming later in the year entitled "The Tomb" which stars both Stallone and Arnold...and it co-stars 50 Cent. Razz
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?   Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:39 am

S.D. wrote:
Bullet In The Head hasn't been released yet, I think it comes out in February. I'm not really into the "aging action stars out for one last hurrah" thing.

There is also a prison escape film coming later in the year entitled "The Tomb" which stars both Stallone and Arnold...and it co-stars 50 Cent. Razz
Dang..that will be yet another "escape" movie for sly. Was that "Lock Up" he did with Russell?

Most of these aging action star flicks don't interest me....I just happen to be a big Sly fanboy...always will be.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?   Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 10:02 am

T-Roy wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Dang..that will be yet another "escape" movie for sly. Was that "Lock Up" he did with Russell?

Most of these aging action star flicks don't interest me....I just happen to be a big Sly fanboy...always will be.

No, that would've been "Tango & Cash". "Lockup" was with the great Donald Sutherland (as the crooked Warden)
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?   Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 3:43 am

S.D. wrote:

As an entry level to the character and world of Dredd, it was pretty good. I do agree that it was a simple storyline, and certainly unfortunately released around the same time as 'The Raid', which had a very similar premise. Since the world of Dredd and the storytelling it involves is more in depth than is possible to address in one film, it's disappointing that there will more than likely not be a sequel.

On the other hand, since Dredd is a very British creation anyway, he was never going to appeal to most mainstream American viewers. It's a little similar to Tintin, which despite making lots of money through Europe (where he is a cultural figure), was only a modest hit in the US (where he is not!).
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?   Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 6:10 am

I actually liked the first Judge Dredd movie

Im curious on the remake
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?   Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 6:24 am

Saw it, liked it. Like the no-nonsense style.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?   Who's interested in the new Dredd movie? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's interested in the new Dredd movie?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next