Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?

Go down 
+16
Fat Freddy
DeathCult
Troublezone
Wargod
bassman
Hate Forest
MetalRob331
shamgar75
Addy
stepcousin
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
exact33
manny
Stender
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 5:02 pm

Not even a parental warning sticker? Shocked Sounds like he's going further in the country direction then the last album did.
Quite the image change, went from being 17 and cruising Detroit for a, big butt slut to suck his ........
Now he's singing about being 17 and singing songs down by the river. Going for the adult country crowd i'd say.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 5:20 pm

sometimes I mix up limp bizkit and kid rock in my head for whatever reason, ugh..too much lame music to keep track of.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 5:42 pm

No
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 5:50 pm

I wasnt interested in old Kid Rock Smile

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 6:08 pm

I hated old Kid Rock but my wife listens to country and some of his newer stuff is catchy. Rock and Roll Jesus had a few listenable tunes. I think Toho even liked it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 6:43 pm

I am.

I've been a fan since his first album. Though it's hard to believe he's the same cat that did "Yo-Da-Lin in the Valley," he did incorporate country and southern rock into those early early albums. So maybe that was a sign. It's at least not unthinkable.

Dude is just evolving like most of us, growing up. I don't know. People hate the guy, but I kind of respect what he's done with his music career.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:09 pm

Although I wouldn't say I was ever much of a fan per say, I did get to see him live twice. The first time I went because I was trying to get into the pants of this chick, so I went along [ed. note - it worked. Score one for MG]. The 2nd time I went just because the first time was so much fun. He put on a great show. Very 80's inspired big arena theatrics with lotsa pryo, dancing girls, motorcycles, etc.

My old roommate had Devil Without a Cause and I made a cassette dub. That was the extent of my interest of Kid Rock. Does seem kinda odd that he's going the country route these days, but I ain't getting worked up over it. Good for him if it sells records.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:16 pm

He's more rock than country. Definitely a southern rock style, though. But maybe this new album is more country. Don't know. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:57 pm

I am. I really love Rock N Roll Jesus. I even like old KR but I like the southern rock vibe he's got going now more than the rap/metal fusion stuff from his early days.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:11 pm

not really a fan but I do have 2 songs on my Ipod: Picture and All Summer Long. Don't think it'll ever grow to 3.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:29 pm

stepcousin wrote:
not really a fan but I do have 2 songs on my Ipod: Picture and All Summer Long. Don't think it'll ever grow to 3.

If you like southern rock and you already dig All Summer Long, I'd suggest giving the rest of Rock N Roll Jesus a shot. If I remember right, there's only one "rappy" song on it; the rest sounds like southern rock or something from an early Elton John album.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 10:57 pm

Wow

The last thing hes done I liked was History of Rock but I also liked that song where he sampled Lynard Skynard
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:44 pm

He actually seems pretty natural in this new sound.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:40 am

First Rap, then rock, now country. Next will be new age.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 2:15 am

You live in Washington State now, right?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:52 am

tohostudios wrote:
I am. I really love Rock N Roll Jesus. I even like old KR but I like the southern rock vibe he's got going now more than the rap/metal fusion stuff from his early days.

I agree with this.. On all his albums the Southern songs were my favs. I'm a big Kid Rock fan. Anything with a Southern Rock sound, i get into...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 3:09 pm

Quote :
You live in Washington State now, right

Me? Yes.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 3:20 pm

Gave the album two listens today. I dig it. No rap to be found, though there is a hidden track that seemed to have some more "rapped" vocals, though barely.

It's not a heavy album. Southern rock with country leanings. Sort of like Bob Seger, I guess. Which reminds me. I need some Seger in my collection.
Back to top Go down
Hate Forest
Metal novice
Metal novice
Hate Forest

Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 9:44 pm

Kid Rock looks like he smells really, really bad.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 9:50 pm

Hate Forest wrote:
Kid Rock looks like he smells really, really bad.

Yeah, he has sort of really adapted to a redneck personna, hasn't he?

Still dig his music though.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 1:32 am

Not really interested in KR, but I do dig some southern rock so I may give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:21 pm

I'm interested in this after watching Kid Rock - Born Free on Palladia. It was a 1/2 show detailing a little of his life. It was actually really good, he is nothing like his old days. He has a son that is 17 and is involved in his own band.

So after watching this I am interested in it.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Yeah, he's nothing like the rap-metal fusion of his earlier albums. I'm gonna get this new one once the price comes down.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:01 am

Yeah, I can wait for a used copy or maybe this would be one I download.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 4:20 pm

Never liked him. He realized he couldn't hang in the rap world so he went country. He's from detroit but he thinks he's southern fried...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?   Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone interested in the new Kid Rock?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next