Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Galactic Cowboys

Go down 
+25
shamgar75
nevermore
Leatherface
Sutekh
James B.
DeathCult
Jedilink
DallasBlack
rattpoison
candlemass
stepcousin
7thSecond
MetalH
T-Roy
AchrisK
thejokeriv
Shiney
Hamer12
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Todd Jaymz
SAHB Healer
ultmetal
mc666
Troublezone
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 2:13 pm

I always liked Kings X self titled album also.Black Flag is a great song
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 2:21 pm

ultmetal wrote:
T-Roy,
give "Faith Hope & Love" a chance. I think you'll love it both for the lyrics and the music. Also I'd recommend, "Gretchen Goes to Nebraska" and "Out of the Silent Planet" for those who prefer Christian lyrics.
Lyrics don't concern me, really. Sometimes really cheesy, over the top Christian lyrics irk me, simply because they come off as shallow and stupid, but that goes for any subject matter, too.

I do, however, love the song "Jesus Freak" by DC Talk! Laughing very hard Don't ask me why.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 2:31 pm

Huge GC fan here! Smile I have all their albums, but I think my favorite is Machine Fish followed by The Horse That Bud Bought.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 2:34 pm

Eyesore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
T-Roy,
give "Faith Hope &
Love" a chance. I think you'll love it both for the lyrics and the
music. Also I'd recommend, "Gretchen Goes to Nebraska" and "Out of the
Silent Planet" for those who prefer Christian lyrics.
Lyrics
don't concern me, really. Sometimes really cheesy, over the top
Christian lyrics irk me, simply because they come off as shallow and
stupid, but that goes for any subject matter, too.

I do, however, love the song "Jesus Freak" by DC Talk! Laughing very hard
Don't ask me why.
Eyesore, good for you buddy. I know that as
you have posted it many times. And you know by now, it does matter to
me. So, lets leave it at that shall we? 🤘 .......now, i'm going to try some Kings X!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 2:45 pm

Eyesore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
T-Roy,
give "Faith Hope & Love" a chance. I think you'll love it both for the lyrics and the music. Also I'd recommend, "Gretchen Goes to Nebraska" and "Out of the Silent Planet" for those who prefer Christian lyrics.
Lyrics don't concern me, really. Sometimes really cheesy, over the top Christian lyrics irk me, simply because they come off as shallow and stupid, but that goes for any subject matter, too.

I do, however, love the song "Jesus Freak" by DC Talk! Laughing very hard Don't ask me why.

I think you'll find Atomic Opera's lyrics well thought out and interesting, not unlike GC or King's X. I like Christian lyrics myself, but I know where you are coming from. I was listening to a Christian CD the other day where the lyrics just seem formula, canned and straight out of Sunday School. The song titles were Stand on the Rock, Onward Christian Soldiers, First Love, Great I Am, Seek Ye First, Fear No Evil, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 2:47 pm

T-Roy wrote:
And you know by now, it does matter to
me. So, lets leave it at that shall we? 🤘
Sure, I respect that, but cheesy is cheesy. Haha. You gotta at least admit that. :geek:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 2:51 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
T-Roy,

I think you'll find Atomic Opera's lyrics well thought out and interesting, not unlike GC or King's X. I like Christian lyrics myself, but I know where you are coming from. I was listening to a Christian CD the other day where the lyrics just seem formula, canned and straight out of Sunday School. The song titles were Stand on the Rock, Onward Christian Soldiers, First Love, Great I Am, Seek Ye First, Fear No Evil, etc.
Right. As I've mentioned before, I'm not a Christian, but I really dig interesting lyrics. If they happen to be Christian lyrics, I don't care. I'm not anti-Christian, you know? It's just really easy to write paint-by-numbers lyrics. I mean, how many 80s rock bands had lyrics where they were going down, down, down the river of something. Haha. That's what I mean, it's just cheesy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 3:04 pm

[quote="T-Roy"][quote="ultmetal"]
Eyesore wrote:
Shiney wrote:
so, is Kings X "safe" as far as, not shock/satanic lyrics?

Kings X are certainly safe, no shock/satanic stuff. Also they are not preachy nor are they obviously Christian lyrics, they just deal more in the positive side of things. I have only heard 3-4 of their albums but dig em so far. Dogman is a favorite so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 3:17 pm

[quote="firestar"][quote="T-Roy"]
ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Shiney wrote:
so, is Kings X "safe" as far as, not shock/satanic lyrics?

Kings X are certainly safe, no shock/satanic stuff. Also they are not preachy nor are they obviously Christian lyrics, they just deal more in the positive side of things. I have only heard 3-4 of their albums but dig em so far. Dogman is a favorite so far.
I don't think they have a bad album. I really dig Manic Moonlight. I love how they injected a little electronic base in many of the songs, and I find them to be catchier. I haven't heard Black Like Sunday, though. That one, for some odd reason, seems hard to find.

May I also suggest Poundhoud, dUg (Doug's solo stuff), Ty Tabor's solo stuff, Supershine, The Jelly Jam, and The Mob. All side projects, all excellent!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 3:26 pm

Eyesore wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
Sure, I respect that, but cheesy is cheesy. Haha. You gotta at least admit that. :geek:
I have no idea what you mean!
........."don't stop! rock the flock, NO NO NO!!!!!"lol!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 3:35 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
T-Roy wrote:

Oh dude! I almost wet myself laughing at that one! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 5:51 pm

Gospel Cola has some pretty good lyrics. Many deal with people making a buck off of selling Jesus junk. I think even non-Christians could relate to this. After all do you really think that a true Metalhead or Punk rocker is behind a lot of those metalish/punkish slogan or band t-shirts you buy. I doubt it. It's all about making the almighty dollar and that is what much of Gospel Cola deals with.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 5:52 pm

Oh yeah and I forgot to add that it is a really good album musically as well.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 10:35 am

ultmetal wrote:
If you guys like Galactic Cowboys or King's X, also check out Atomic Opera.

yes, good one there.

I love the 'Cowboys first 3 albums and the EP, I like their other albums as well but not as much. Still good stuff, though.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 10:12 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
T-Roy wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank God they redeemed themselves with master of the metal!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 10:39 pm

"I wanna Kemper Crab nightlamp, Frank Hart hero lunch box, penguin dust on my wristwatch, only listen to Atomic Rock!"

Yea my Opera junk.....lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 8:36 pm

From what i have heard from Galactic Cowboys they are quite good, i only have the album The Horse That Bud Bought and it is great. The song Breakthrough is just stunning, in a parallel universe a song like Breakthrough might be a rock radio hit instead of all those Foo Fighters songs you cant remember.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 9:34 pm

Foo Fighters is an excellent band, bro! =)
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 7:53 am

My comment wasn't a dig at the Foo Fighters, I'm actually quite a fan of anything Dave Grohl has done whether it be Scream, Nirvana, Probot or the Foo Fighters. I was basically saying that a Galactic Cowboys song like Breakthrough could easily have been a rock radio hit in the mold of some of the Foo Fighters songs are (Breakthrough actually reminds me a bit of the Foo Fighters from around that period).The part were i said of those Foo Fighters songs you can't remember, i was saying some songs by the Foo Fighters lack that hook or aren't as memorable as say Breakthrough by the Galactic Cowboys. But a band doesn't have to have great hooks to by appreciated by me, so I think the Foo Fighters are a good band anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 3:39 pm

Gotcha, bro!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 11:34 am

Galactic Cowboys were a great band and I regret that I became a fan after they called it quits. Would liked to have seen them perform but if Monty, Ben, and Wally re-unite (never say never) I just might someday. Love Gospel Cola (lyrics and music) and enjoyed For Madmen Only, especially Justice (my first introduction to them over a decade ago on MTV).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 1:56 pm

Oh, I should say that I dig Gospel Cola! I definitely think the lyrical subject matter is cool. For Madmen Only is on its way to me now.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 1:01 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Galactic Cowboys were a great band and I regret that I became a fan after they called it quits. Would liked to have seen them perform but if Monty, Ben, and Wally re-unite (never say never) I just might someday. Love Gospel Cola (lyrics and music) and enjoyed For Madmen Only, especially Justice (my first introduction to them over a decade ago on MTV).

Here's a response from my e-mail to Monty about a reunion someday.

Yes, Eric...We are still friends. There is always a chance we could get back together someday to do another cd.
I appreciate your interest, man. You can also check out our myspace sites. Mine is www.myspace.com/montycolvin
Take care,
Monty
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 11:58 am

I dig all these "groove rock" bands, "Mustard Seeds" we're pretty good, also "Hope = True Blood" had a sweet demo, never heard what became of them. Might want to add "Eloi" to that mix.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 12:04 pm

I have some extra copies of the first GC CD if anyone is interested. For trade or for sale pretty cheap. PM me if interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   galatic cowboys - Galactic Cowboys - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Galactic Cowboys
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next