Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Country Communion: Afterglow

Go down 
+7
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
BillRoxx
Andy
MEGATRON
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion: Afterglow   Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 3:39 pm

Eh, I dunno. I'm only going by what I've read in Glenn's on-line babbling. Maybe he's drinking again. drunken

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion: Afterglow   Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 8:02 am

The new album is great! Album of the year!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion: Afterglow   Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 9:37 am

MEGATRON wrote:

Would you say it's better than the first 2?

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion: Afterglow   Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 11:09 am

I would, more consistent to my ear.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion: Afterglow   Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 7:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
MEGATRON wrote:

Would you say it's better than the first 2?

Yeah, I'd say so. This album has more focus, more attitude - not that the first two albums were lacking in either.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion: Afterglow   Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 11:30 am

Absolutely LOVE the first two albums, and have listened to them on consistent basis. I have listened to this one on Spotify a couple of times. Just didn't grab me like the first two. I'll have to listen to it again. From what I had read, I think Joe was not as involved on Afterglow, and I think that might be what was missing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion: Afterglow   Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:41 am

Joe pretty much confirming that he's done with BCC, but if they want to continue on without him, he's fine with it...

Quote :
Black Country Communion guitarist Joe Bonamassa admits he became disillusioned with the band during their 2011 tour.

He says he’s “happily not involved any more” with the supergroup, months after a public spat with frontman Glenn Hughes came close to derailing the release of third album Afterglow.

The musicians fell out after Hughes expressed his frustration that Bonamassa wouldn’t go on the road to support the record with live shows – one of a series of outbursts that led to the cancellation of a one-off concert in the UK planned for January.

Now the blues guitarist tells PremierGuitar: “As far as I’m concerned my involvement is pretty much done.

“Originally I did it for the same reasons I did the stuff with Beth Hart and Rock Candy Funk Party: it was an excessive to play a different kind of music that I don’t get to play normally.

“So I did it and did a nine-week tour in 2011 that really, by the end of it, wasn’t fun for me. It wasn’t because I didn’t like the cats in the band, but it was just too much – too much involved in getting people from place to place and getting the band onstage.

“Everybody seemed to be very tense, and it made my crew very tense, and it’s not the way I like to tour. I run a family. I have 21 people who go on the road with me all the time, and if you asked them who was the cause of the least of their problems, they would say me.”

But Bonamassa remains proud of his work with the band, also featuring Jason Bonham, Derek Sherinian and producer Kevin Shirley.

“The first two records were a blast,” he says. “The band is fantastic when the Ritalin kicks in, the ADD goes away, and everyone’s focused. It’s a devastatingly good rock band of the early-1970s type, and Glenn is a fantastic singer – just one of the best ever.

“It just wasn’t fun for me any more. All the stuff that Glenn says in the media, essentially pinning it on me, that I was the reason for the band’s lack of touring and the band’s lack of future. It became rapidly not fun at all. It would be dishonest of me to get onstage and pretend like I’m having fun to please the band.”

He’s previously given his blessing for BCC to continue without him, a move that both Hughes and Bonham have hinted at in the past. “I’m just not the guitar player for that band,” he says. “Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be any out-of-work guitar players in LA that they can get. There are so many guys that can fill that role and I would be the first guy to queue up and buy a ticket.

“I’m happily not involved any more – but I’m happy with the legacy that I left with that band and happy with the records we made. It was a great three years for me.”

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion: Afterglow   Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:56 am

That sucks but not too surprising either
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion: Afterglow   Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 11:28 am

I love Glenn, but I think he killed it. Everyone had other gigs except him, and he was probably pressuring everyone to commit solely to it.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion: Afterglow   Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 11:34 am

Bonham seems to want to carry on.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion: Afterglow   Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:26 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

Well they are a really good band. So I hope they will carry on.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion: Afterglow   Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 6:01 pm

I do too, Joe is a phenom but he's not irreplaceable. It's good to hear Glenn doing this.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion: Afterglow   Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 4:47 pm

I thought it was interesting to see BCC post this on their Facebook page:
http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/black-country-communion-joe-bonamassa-fury-at-glenn-hughes-bullying/

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion: Afterglow   Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 5:54 pm

Nooooo, not more soap opera.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion: Afterglow   Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 6:45 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Nooooo, not more soap opera.

Joe Bonamassa's BCC is coming to a dive bar near you, featuring and all star line up. I hear he's got Rudy Sarzo on bass.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion: Afterglow   Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 12:11 pm

Poor Rudy, just trying to stay in the music world.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion: Afterglow   Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 8:29 pm

nevermore wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Glenn's starting up a new band unfortunately. BCC is most likely over.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion: Afterglow   Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 6:36 pm

MEGATRON wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Where did you read that Glenn was starting up a new band?
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion: Afterglow   Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 9:27 pm

deathisgain wrote:
MEGATRON wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Where did you read that Glenn was starting up a new band?

Glenn's Twitter account. An announcement will be made in a month or two.

Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion: Afterglow   Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 6:48 pm

;(
Quote :
...just so it's crystal... BCC is over... Joe left & will not allow us to keep the name... nice huh? Jason Derek and I will continue with a different name when the time is right...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion: Afterglow   Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 10:08 am

deathisgain wrote:
;(
Quote :
...just so it's crystal... BCC is over... Joe left & will not allow us to keep the name... nice huh? Jason Derek and I will continue with a different name when the time is right...

That's interesting because that comment is in direct contrast to the quote I posted from Joe earlier. He claimed to be fine with BCC continuing on without him, no mention of him holding on to naming rights.

So who's telling the truth here? surprised

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion: Afterglow   Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 10:39 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
deathisgain wrote:
;(
Quote :

That's interesting because that comment is in direct contrast to the quote I posted from Joe earlier. He claimed to be fine with BCC continuing on without him, no mention of him holding on to naming rights.

So who's telling the truth here? surprised

I would guess Joe, only because this all became a cluster**** when Hughes opened his mouth about BCC unable to tour due to Joe's already busy schedule, which I am sure they all knew ahead of time.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion: Afterglow   Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:16 am

Could be. I have no idea. Just wondering out loud, ya know.

I wonder if it's a case where Joe spoke out in that interview, then his agent or manager or whomever pulled him aside and said "Whoa, hold on there buddy. You've got naming rights in your contract. They don't record as BCC without YOU."

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion: Afterglow   Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:43 am

I never understand how one guy can keep all the others from using the name.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion: Afterglow   Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:48 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
I never understand how one guy can keep all the others from using the name.

Neither can Geoff Taint.

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion: Afterglow   Black Country Communion: Afterglow - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Country Communion: Afterglow
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next