Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So I went to a country concert ... and some Black Sabbath showed up

Go down 
+2
Hamer12
Witchfinder
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

So I went to a country concert ... and some Black Sabbath showed up Empty
PostSubject: So I went to a country concert ... and some Black Sabbath showed up   So I went to a country concert ... and some Black Sabbath showed up Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 11:06 pm

This past Saturday, my lady asked me to go with her to the Toby Keith / Eric Church show. Now I am not a country fan but I like spending time with her so I went along. Much to my surprise, Eric Church's intro song was Clutch's Electric Worry which had me singing along ( I was certainly the only one of 35K+ that was doing that). Unbelievably, Church's band also played Heaven and Hell and then a bit of Sweet Leaf. Black Sabbath was the last band on earth I thought I would hear that night. Pretty cool really. I guess that county boy likes a bit o' metal. He was certainly heavier that most country I have heard but Toby Keith was a yawn fest.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: So I went to a country concert ... and some Black Sabbath showed up   So I went to a country concert ... and some Black Sabbath showed up Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:29 pm

I saw them open for Hank Jr last year. They did the Clutch intro & played H&H in its entirety. They should have played Sweet Leaf with all the doobies floating around that night!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: So I went to a country concert ... and some Black Sabbath showed up   So I went to a country concert ... and some Black Sabbath showed up Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:34 pm

That's cool, man! I took my wife to see Alan Jackson & Martina McBride some years ago. No Sabbath covers were heard. Sad

I later saw Martina McBride jamming with Pat Benatar on CMT's "Crossroads" show and wished she'd pulled out one of Pat's songs during her set when I saw her, cuz that woman can WAIL when she wants to!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: So I went to a country concert ... and some Black Sabbath showed up   So I went to a country concert ... and some Black Sabbath showed up Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:46 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
That's cool, man! I took my wife to see Alan Jackson & Martina McBride some years ago. No Sabbath covers were heard. Sad

I later saw Martina McBride jamming with Pat Benatar on CMT's "Crossroads" show and wished she'd pulled out one of Pat's songs during her set when I saw her, cuz that woman can WAIL when she wants to!!!

That was easily the best Crossroads episode. Martina looked like she was just smitten that Pat was singing her songs or that she was up on stage with Pat. Of course Neil came along for the ride as well...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: So I went to a country concert ... and some Black Sabbath showed up   So I went to a country concert ... and some Black Sabbath showed up Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:49 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

That was easily the best Crossroads episode. Martina looked like she was just smitten that Pat was singing her songs or that she was up on stage with Pat. Of course Neil came along for the ride as well...

Yeah, and Pat Benatar (one of my early MTV crushes) has certainly aged well. She can still belt too!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: So I went to a country concert ... and some Black Sabbath showed up   So I went to a country concert ... and some Black Sabbath showed up Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 3:16 pm

Was H&H done "country-fied" was it pretty by the numbers?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: So I went to a country concert ... and some Black Sabbath showed up   So I went to a country concert ... and some Black Sabbath showed up Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:55 pm

Rex wrote:

By the numbers.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: So I went to a country concert ... and some Black Sabbath showed up   So I went to a country concert ... and some Black Sabbath showed up Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 12:43 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Rex wrote:

By the numbers.

That sounds like something I'd like to see; though, this sort of thing makes me think of all the times metal artists have done fairly non-metal covers and done them well, too (CoB with Rebel Yell, for instance). That's neat, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I went to a country concert ... and some Black Sabbath showed up   So I went to a country concert ... and some Black Sabbath showed up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I went to a country concert ... and some Black Sabbath showed up
Page 1 of 1