Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Country Communion

Go down 
+11
Wrecked Neck
ZetaReticuli
Temple of Blood
James B.
Planchaaaa
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
manny
Metal Misfit
BillRoxx
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Black Country Communion Empty
PostSubject: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:17 am

Glenn Hughes , Jason Bonham this sounded good from the time I preordered it!

It arrived today and upon first listen I am impressed!

Anyone else pick this up?

Also ordered from amazon uk and got it only a day after the release date! Pretty good
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:31 am

On its way! Hopefully it shows up in the mail tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 8:38 am

Not yet but I will pick up because I am a Glenn Hughes fan.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 9:34 am

I would be interested in hearing this. I wonder if everyone will be a nit-pickey about Kevin Shirley's production on this one
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 9:39 am

thejokeriv wrote:
I would be interested in hearing this. I wonder if everyone will be a nit-pickey about Kevin Shirley's production on this one

I must be the only Iron Maiden fan who liked his production work on those last few Maiden releases
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:05 am

I'm not a Glenn Hughes fan, however I heard some cuts from this and I liked what I heard. And I've heard some of Joe Bomma-momma-whatever-his-name-is solo work and like his style.

It's not a priority, but I'll probably get it at some point.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:27 am

manny wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

I must be the only Iron Maiden fan who liked his production work on those last few Maiden releases

Nope - I like it too. The only album that I didn't like the production on was Dance Of Death, but I think that was more to do with the version that was released on CD. I laso have the DVD Audio of Dance Of Death and it sounds MUCH better and the production while not as good as the others still sounds fine to me. TFF sounds fantastic. I think the change of studio did the band well. DoD and AMOLAD where recorded at the same studio, while TFF and BNW where recorded at different studios.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:20 pm

I think his production fits Maiden well. I'll pick this BCC up, the samples sound great.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:25 pm

Sounds good. Love Glenn Hughes. Will have to look this up.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:24 pm

WOW!!

This album is great! Just got it in the mail today. Too soon to tell where exactly this will sit on my "best of 2010" list but it's a strong contender for Top 5!
Back to top Go down
Planchaaaa
Metal novice
Metal novice
Planchaaaa

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:23 pm

I'm absolutely lovin' this album.

I got the version with the bonus DVD.. not watched it yet.

There's a live bootleg doing the rounds, recorded in London for UK radio. They pretty much play the entire album and they sound just killer. A highly recommended download.

From the London show: