Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dead Metal Dudes

Go down 
+27
nevermore
James B.
jstate
EvyMetal
TheGreatDuck
Red Kitty
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
mikeinfla
jettafiend
Psychotron
Witchfinder
Andy
Leatherface
EmoElmo
Big Rich
Fat Freddy
allthingsmetal
Orion Crystal Ice
Dark Horseman
DallasBlack
Hamer12
mc666
Wurthless
Required Fields
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Metal Dudes   Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 11:27 pm

mc666 wrote:
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Cameraphone012
heh, you look like you're scared to get too close.

I knew Decker since the early 80's. We even flopped at each other's pads from time to time. If ya ever needed to know where a party was on the last night of the month - ya just went to Sean's [he changed his name to Don in the 90's, which is another long story in itself]. He would have what he called "Rent Parties". Let's just say that it was near impossible to get close to the keg with 150 people and his band [or 4 guys that stood around who didn't know how to play...] in a basement the size of my current bathroom. Pretty genius scam in retrospect. I always fell for it just because I knew the chics would be there.

That pic was taken at the Forbidden/Death Angel show a few years ago - about 2 months before he passed.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Dead Metal Dudes   Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:10 am

Quorthon, Chuck Schuldiner, and Dio are the greatest losses in the heavy metal realm.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Dead Metal Dudes   Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:28 am

Guy Speranza

Rhett Forester

Mark Reale

Cozy Powell

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Dead Metal Dudes   Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:45 am

mc666 wrote:
Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Cameraphone012
heh, you look like you're scared to get too close.

I knew Decker since the early 80's. We even flopped at each other's pads from time to time. If ya ever needed to know where a party was on the last night of the month - ya just went to Sean's [he changed his name to Don in the 90's, which is another long story in itself]. He would have what he called "Rent Parties". Let's just say that it was near impossible to get close to the keg with 150 people and his band [or 4 guys that stood around who didn't know how to play...] in a basement the size of my current bathroom. Pretty genius scam in retrospect. I always fell for it just because I knew the chics would be there.

That pic was taken at the Forbidden/Death Angel show a few years ago - about 2 months before he passed.
i didn't really know him, but met him a couple of times. he was ok to me on both occasions, but everyone else seemed to think he was a major d*ck.

PostSubject: Re: Dead Metal Dudes   Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 1:01 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Guy Speranza

Rhett Forester

Mark Reale

Cozy Powell

yep, I agree.

Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Dead Metal Dudes   Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 1:12 am

Obviously Dio, Heaven and Hell would still be going strong and Magica II prolly would have been out by now.

I would also say Eric Carr. He was a great drummer and went way too soon.

Also Jimi Hendrix, I would have loved to see how his sound would have evolved through the 70s and 80s.

I also second the Mark Reale and Guy Speranza from Riot.

Cozy Powell was a great drummer and he def. had more in the tank. Methinks a Rainbow reunion would have happened if he stayed alive.

Randy Rhoads too...went way too soon.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Dead Metal Dudes   Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 1:28 am

David Gold from Woods of Ypres was another loss.
also Cory Smoot from Gwar

jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Dead Metal Dudes   Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:03 am

First few that came to my mind:

Jimi Hendrix

Steve Clark

Cliff Burton

Gar Samuelson

John Bonham

Freddie Mercury

Robbin Crosby

Tim Kelly

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Dead Metal Dudes   Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:44 am

Randy Castillo. I met him on the "No More Tours" tour and he was the most friendly of the band. Eric Carr comes to mind as well (I see him mentioned in a previous post).

Jani Lane.

Wendy O Williams (not metal tho).

Kevin Dubrow

As for Hendrix, I too would like to see the direction he would have gone. He was taking a much different direction with Dolly Dagger and would've been neat to hear where he was going when the 80's came around.

Mitch Mitchell
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Dead Metal Dudes   Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 8:37 am

Quote :

Not metal? Wendy was more metal than Jani Lane!! She would've ripped his head off and crapped down his neck!!

Others that came to mind...

Mark St. John (KISS)

El Duce (Mentors)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Dead Metal Dudes   Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 8:46 am

Randy Rhoads
Cliff Burton
Dimebag
Criss Oliva
Ray Gillen
Chuck Schuldiner
Layne Staley
Dio
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dead Metal Dudes   Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 9:50 am

A few that I miss:

Johnny Cash
John Lennon
Layne Staley
Cliff Burton
Randy Rhodes
Dimebag
Joey Ramone
John Bonham

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Dead Metal Dudes   Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 9:59 am

Hendrix
Dio
Chuck Shuldiner
Randy Rhoads
Layne Staley
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Dead Metal Dudes   Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:34 am

John Lord
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Dead Metal Dudes   Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:46 pm

allthingsmetal wrote:
For me, not already mentioned:
--Jesse Pintado (Terrorizer/Napalm Death)
--Dave Pritchard (Armored Saint)

Both good calls!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Dead Metal Dudes   Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:52 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Ray Gillen

Good Call! I absolutely loved those Badlands albums. Ray Gillen's passing was a HUGE loss in the metal community.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Dead Metal Dudes   Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:55 pm

Carl Albert (Vicious Rumors)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Dead Metal Dudes   Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Somewhat morose topic, and most here will put Dio on the top of their lists - and as you know, I do not have a ton of regard for humanity in general - but here is a list, in order of impact off the top of my head, of metal dudes that have passed that I wish wouldn't have just yet [and I am not gonna include Bob Marley, Joey Ramone, Phil Lynott, Johnny Thunders, etc - sticking with the Metal/Hard Rock of this room - you can list whatever]:

Cliff Burton
Paul Hackman
Paul Balloff
Bon Scott
Pepsi Tate
Randy
Ronnie James Dio
Kevin Dubrow
Chuck
Dimebag

There are many more [Chris Olivia, Steve Clark, etc] - but those are the first 10 that came directly to mind while creating this post.

Why no Phil Lynott? He actually played some metal, unlike Hackman, Scott and Tate (not that I want to start a genre war here).
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Dead Metal Dudes   Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Don't know how I forgot him, he's one of my favorite metal singers.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Dead Metal Dudes   Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:35 pm

Wurthless wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Don't know how I forgot him, he's one of my favorite metal singers.

Same here. I also forgot about Ray Gillen and Criss Oliva.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Dead Metal Dudes   Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 7:09 pm

Speaking of Criss, listened to Hounds at lunch today doing air guitar and I wore myself out. Man, that guy could tear up the fret board!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Dead Metal Dudes   Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 7:29 pm

Denis "Piggy" D'Amour
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Dead Metal Dudes   Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 7:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Not metal? Wendy was more metal than Jani Lane!! She would've ripped his head off and crapped down his neck!!

Others that came to mind...

Mark St. John (KISS)

El Duce (Mentors)

Naw, she was punk and any true punk rocker would be offended to be called metal so my statement stands!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dead Metal Dudes   Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 7:59 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
Denis "Piggy" D'Amour

Damn straight! One of most interesting guitarists from the era, very unique chord vocabulary for a metal guitarist. Probably the only player from the 80s that actually paid attention to what Robert Fripp was doing.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Dead Metal Dudes   Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 8:33 pm

Quote :
A few that I miss:

Johnny Cash

I cried the day he died. First artist I ever personally got into when I was a little kid and, well, there's some personal stuff there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead Metal Dudes   Dead Metal Dudes - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dead Metal Dudes
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next