Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Great Groove Metal

Go down 
+11
Thrasher73
tohostudios
Wurthless
DallasBlack
mc666
jettafiend
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Orion Crystal Ice
Andy
Temple of Blood
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

Great Groove Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Groove Metal   Great Groove Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:36 pm

jettafiend wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Now, THIS is a groove. I don't know what you guys aren't smoking. Razz

headbanger

I second that headbanger.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Great Groove Metal   Great Groove Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:38 pm

Wurthless wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Wurthless wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

As for the samples, not bad but I will reserve a full opinion when they "find a shredding guitar player".

Why is that? I've never understood that mentality. A great song doesn't need a lightning fast guitar solo, or any at all for that matter. I love a well executed guitar solo, but I won't automatically dislike a song without one.

Um, the "shredding guitar player" quote DB referenced is from the band's own writeup on that site.

Quote :
Right now we are in the beginning stages. The songs are written and demo'd up and it is now time to find a shredding guitar player.

BTW, I think this sounds like crap so you'll love it Wurthless. Razz

As I said earlier, I was merely making an observation about what DB stated. It wasn't necessarily directed at anyone in particular.

And actually, I didn't enjoy the samples much. I'm actually on the same page as you here, Toho. Razz

Stop the presses!!!! Great Groove Metal - Page 2 201269

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Great Groove Metal   Great Groove Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:42 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Wurthless wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Wurthless wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

As for the samples, not bad but I will reserve a full opinion when they "find a shredding guitar player".

Why is that? I've never understood that mentality. A great song doesn't need a lightning fast guitar solo, or any at all for that matter. I love a well executed guitar solo, but I won't automatically dislike a song without one.

Um, the "shredding guitar player" quote DB referenced is from the band's own writeup on that site.

Quote :
Right now we are in the beginning stages. The songs are written and demo'd up and it is now time to find a shredding guitar player.

BTW, I think this sounds like crap so you'll love it Wurthless. Razz

As I said earlier, I was merely making an observation about what DB stated. It wasn't necessarily directed at anyone in particular.

And actually, I didn't enjoy the samples much. I'm actually on the same page as you here, Toho. Razz

Stop the presses!!!! Great Groove Metal - Page 2 201269

I guess there really is a first for everything. lol!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Great Groove Metal   Great Groove Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 9:08 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Huh?

Glen Alvelais was picked by Alex Skolnick to replace him in TESTAMENT. He's one of the best metal players around.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Great Groove Metal   Great Groove Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 9:14 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Huh?

Glen Alvelais was picked by Alex Skolnick to replace him in TESTAMENT. He's one of the best metal players around.

I repeat, DB's post was a direct quote from the website to which you linked.

Quote :

Quote:

Personally, they could find the next Malmsteen or Gus G. and I'd still think this music would blow chunks. Which is why I figure Wurthless would dig it. Laughing

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Great Groove Metal   Great Groove Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 11:49 am

S.D. wrote:
Now, THIS is a groove. I don't know what you guys aren't smoking. Razz

Hell Yeah it is!

So is this-

Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Great Groove Metal   Great Groove Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:19 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I like groove metal a whole lot more than dungeons & dragons power metal crap.
Hey! I'll thump you with a Dungeon Masters Guide! Razz
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Great Groove Metal   Great Groove Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:33 pm

Don't get me wrong... I like Dio. But some bands are way too over the top in the fantasy dept. Some of those "middle earth" vocals make me cringe.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Great Groove Metal   Great Groove Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:44 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Don't get me wrong... I like Dio. But some bands are way too over the top in the fantasy dept. Some of those "middle earth" vocals make me cringe.

Yep.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Great Groove Metal   Great Groove Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:46 pm

I don't think there is such a thing as "too much groove" or "too fantasy". Any style can be done well or it is not done well.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Great Groove Metal   Great Groove Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:58 pm

S.D. Kyuss!!!!!! If that ain't a grove I don't know what is!! Thumb has one of the heaviest grooves I've ever heard!
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Great Groove Metal   Great Groove Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:58 pm

*groove!
Back to top Go down
Wallace2112
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Great Groove Metal   Great Groove Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:04 pm

If you guys want good groove, back door man by the doors is a perfect example of groove. Or any jam band for that matter (phish, grateful dead, umphrey's mcgee)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great Groove Metal   Great Groove Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great Groove Metal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2