Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now

Go down 
+6
metalhead777
ZombieHavoc
Grimmo
Eyesore
EmoElmo
10 posters
AuthorMessage
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now Empty
PostSubject: Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now   Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 12:26 am

Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now Dublin-Death-Patrol-Death-Sentence1

Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now DDP

Dublin, California could just be another American city with a borrowed European name, lest it not be for a band comprised of arguably some of the best thrash players of all time. Having been friends for over thirty years and grown up listening to Kiss, Led Zeppelin and The Sex Pistols amongst other sounds of the late 70’s and early 80’s, members of the likes of Testament, Exodus and Vio-lence, to name-drop but a few, make up Dublin Death Patrol. This group features musicians that were present at the conception of the genre; they’re genuinely illegitimate forefathers of thrash.

With the lead vocalists of the likes of Steve Souza; thrash’s answer to a zombie-version of Gollum and the legendary Chuck Billy who at half a century in age and six feet four inches in height is a force to be reckoned with before even mentioning his bellowing and instantly recognisable pipes; the blueprint already looked more than tangible. ‘Death Sentence’ is the latest offering from Dublin Death Patrol, it was created last year and due to the time-constraints of creating the new Testament record, Billy actually left it up to Souza to produce the bulk of the lyrics – a sure sign of creative trust between the childhood friends. In return, Billy sorted it so the whole band could record the album in the comfort of Testament’s very own studios. The two complement each other gregariously with their respectively different tones and pitches; a welcome change from the singing/growling combination we’ve become accustomed to in recent years from various miscellaneous bands. Truly, the vocals are arguably the best part of the album, they co-carry it and Billy’s in particular sound even more menacing than usual.

If you’re after meat and potatoes thrash – the apple won’t fall too far from the tree here and ‘Death Sentence’ is of course, like all the offerings from this band, thematically tied to demise. It’s a clunky, busy, big-sounding record perhaps because the band features more recording members than Slipknot, with a whopping double helping of drummers and a triple whack of both bassists and guitarists, although live performances often feature a few less than this. Perhaps it wouldn’t be unfair to say that they’re a bit more ‘fun’ than Testament and in true speed-metal style each track composed is under five minutes in length. The razor-riffed third song ‘Blood Sirens’, is where the album really starts to take shape, leading into ‘Broken’, a slow-burner that allows each instrument its own unique entrance and really showcases the brilliance of the vocal collaboration. ‘My Riot’ is another straight-up head-banging beast of a track and the penultimate tune of ‘Macabre Candor’ features the kind of lyrics that you want to hear on a record like this; ‘remember to dismember’, a simple description of gore rhymed tongue-in-cheekily, authentically appealing to their target-audiences styling’s.

The record’s closer is the real jack-in-the-box moment; balls-out punk-rock in the form of ‘Butcher Baby’ which is a complete contrast to the other nine-pin metal tracks preceding it and also rather noticeably the shortest, complete with almost rock n roll-style gang-vocals. It’s unlikely that this side-project will ever produce anything utterly-ground-breaking, but they why would they when they’re staying to true to the very origins of the genre? One thing ‘Death Sentence’ does promise is enough speed and groove manifested organically between its members and embedded into the record to make it impossible not to be whipped into a frenzy the could propel the act of bloody murder.

source : http://www.metalinjection.net/reviews/cd-review-dublin-death-patrol-death-sentence
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now   Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 12:40 am

Comes out this coming Tuesday, actually. I have it on pre-order. Sounds really good.

You can sample it here: http://www.amazon.com/Death-Sentence-Dublin-Patrol/dp/B008B8AO7C
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now   Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 4:26 am

Surprisingly, given that I'm a huge fan of Testament and Exodus, I'm yet to hear Dublin Death Patrol's material (as bad as that might sound Embarassed ). I must check this band out. Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now   Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 8:21 am

Grimmo wrote:
Surprisingly, given that I'm a huge fan of Testament and Exodus, I've yet to hear Dublin Death Patrol's material

Same here. Those samples sound pretty good. I'm planning on picking up the new Loudness this Tuesday so maybe I'll just pick this one up too,long as the store has it.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now   Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 12:31 pm

This is the first I have heard of this. I've always loved Exodus and Testament, so I'm not sure how this one got by me.

To be fair, if I was flipping through CDs at the local record store back in 2007, and say an album called DDP 4 Life by Dublin Death Patrol, I would have flipped right past it without a second thought that it could be any good at all.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now   Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm

Oddly, I love Testament, Exodus, and even Tenet, but cant really get into Dublin Death Patrol.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now   Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:01 pm

This is their 2nd album, correct? I'm falling behind.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now   Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
This is their 2nd album, correct? I'm falling behind.

From what I gleaned from Wiki, after seeing this thread, it is their second album, yes.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now   Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:06 pm

Yeah, second album. DDP 4 Life was their first.

Too bad you missed out. Last year they were selling it for $5 on their site for a time.
Back to top Go down
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now   Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:50 pm

Wow, I think I heard about this a while back, never bothered to check it out. Going to look into this in the near future.
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now   Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:10 pm

Well my closest Best Buy didn't carry the new Loudness and I checked if this one was available. It's not in stores. You can order it through them for delivery though. I'm not sure if I'm going to go that route though. Maybe a couple of the independent store around here has it but that will have to wait until this weekend.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now   Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:29 pm

I haven't actually seen a CD I'd be interested in buying at a Best Buy for a few years.

In my area, 10 years ago, there were several locally owned record stores, plus nice selections at Best Buys, FYE, etc.

Now everything is gone, except a couple of vinyl-only local shops (which is cool, but they still never have anything I want) and Best Buy, who has considerablly less CDs than they used to, and almost nothing I care about at all.

Bums me out.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now   Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 8:16 pm

Once in a blue moon I find a good CD at Best Buy. Not like about a decade ago when I found most of what I was looking for there. For a while I had Virgin Megastore which had a treasure trove of metal CDs but they closed that down. The only place I find a large selection of metal is a used CD store called The CD source. The only problem is that it takes over 2 hours to browse the rock section and I always walk away spending over $200.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now   Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 8:28 pm

Best Buy does carry some good things. I bought the new Anthrax,Overkill and Accept there and the 3rd closest one near me does have the new Loudness (it was too far away though for me to go at lunch to pick it up). Too bad they weren't carrying the Dublin Death Patrol in stores.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now   Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:51 am

After repeating those samples, this is indeed (quite surprisingly) a very good album!
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now   Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 1:05 am

Need to check it out, I also need to give their first cd more listens. I bought it when it was cheap last year but have only listened to it once or twice since
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now   Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zetro & Chuck Billy's New DublinDeathPatrol CD out now
Page 1 of 1