Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ratt: Favorite Album

Go down 
+22
manny
nevermore
Leatherface
arttieTHE1manparty
James B.
kmorg
DeathCult
7thSecond
Required Fields
metalinmyveins
Metal Misfit
journeyman
Thrasher73
ultmetal
stepcousin
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
krokus
KissinMaiden
Tall Tyrion
Troublezone
the sentinel
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratt: Favorite Album   Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 3:53 pm

Out of the Cellar
Invasion of your Privacy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ratt: Favorite Album   Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 5:16 pm

The EP and Dancing Undercover are my 2 favorites.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Ratt: Favorite Album   Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 10:03 pm

ultmetal wrote:
1.) Ratt EP
2.) Out of the Cellar
3.) Invasion of Your Privacy
4.) Dancing Undercover
5.) Reach for the Sky

I would have to agree with ultmetal on the order. A really good band, probably one of the best from the strip. Love the guitars...
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Ratt: Favorite Album   Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 10:21 pm

Close one, I think Celler thru Detonator are all pretty much equally good (which is to say they are very good), but Out of the Cellar has 'Back For More'. My favorite Ratt song. Smile So I gotta go with Cellar.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Ratt: Favorite Album   Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 1:09 pm

My first Ratt C.D album ever was Ratt "Out of the Cellar", so I guess I will have to go with the sentimental favorite.

1. Out of the Cellar
2. Invasion of Your Privacy
3. Ratt (E.P)
4. Dancing Undercover

After "Dancing Undercover" came out, I lost all faith in Ratt. I heard "Way Cool Jr." off of "Reach For The Sky", and I knew their better days were WAY behind them!

Back in 1984 Ratt, Judas Priest (Defenders was my first Priest album), Motley Crue (Shout at the Devil first Crue album), Def Leppard (Pyromania was my first Leps album), and Kiss (Creatures of the Night first Kiss album) was what was dominating my metal pleasures. Ah....I so miss those days, 13 and not a care in the world!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ratt: Favorite Album   Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 7:40 pm

I like Collage
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Ratt: Favorite Album   Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

TAWNY KITAEN was a very good looking girl Very Happy . I remember her from the SANTA BARBARA soap series and of course from WHITESNAKE. I checked her up on YOU TUBE and today she is a wild woman:D

She also played Tom Hanks' bride-to-be in the classic '80s comedy "Bachelor Party" when she was at her absolute hottest. (though I'm sure now that Tom is a serious actor, he'd like people to forget that movie...) From what I've seen of her recently, however, time has NOT been kind to her. Shocked

She also dated O.J. Simpson, if I recall correctly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Ratt: Favorite Album   Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:05 pm

1) Invasion of Your Privacy
2) Dancing Undercover
3) Out of the Cellar
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Ratt: Favorite Album   Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:06 pm

1.)EP
2.)Out Of The Cellar
3.)Dancing Undercover
4.)Invasion Of Your Privacy
5.)Reach For The Sky
6.)Detonator

I've never investigated Ratt's albums much after that period, although they are one of my more favorite bands.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Ratt: Favorite Album   Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:07 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

TAWNY KITAEN was a very good looking girl Very Happy . I remember her from the SANTA BARBARA soap series and of course from WHITESNAKE. I checked her up on YOU TUBE and today she is a wild woman:D

She also played Tom Hanks' bride-to-be in the classic '80s comedy "Bachelor Party" when she was at her absolute hottest. (though I'm sure now that Tom is a serious actor, he'd like people to forget that movie...) From what I've seen of her recently, however, time has NOT been kind to her. Shocked

She also dated O.J. Simpson, if I recall correctly.

She was also in WITCHBOARD, pretty cool horror movie by Kevin Tenney.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Ratt: Favorite Album   Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 2:34 pm

I take option number 2

Someone send me the EP!

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Ratt: Favorite Album   Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 6:19 pm

The order they came out till Invasion for me....

I have a few bootlegs with Jake E. on guitar, they are in very rough shape and never really sounded that great anyways. Although Jake is great.... Warren and Robin worked better for Ratt.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Ratt: Favorite Album   Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 7:06 pm

Tough call, as I love them all (except Collage) for different reasons. Fave is probably Invasion, followed by Out of the Cellar and then Detonator, though I listen to Reach For The Sky the most these days. I also LOVE the s/t disc and the EP.

Can't wait for the new disc this year!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: Ratt: Favorite Album   Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 4:34 am

DeathCult wrote:
1.)EP
2.)Out Of The Cellar
3.)Dancing Undercover
5.)Reach For The Sky
6.)Detonator

I've never investigated Ratt's albums much after that period, although they are one of my more favorite bands.

Nobody likes collage but me
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Ratt: Favorite Album   Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 9:45 am

Schbopo wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
1.)EP
2.)Out Of The Cellar
3.)Dancing Undercover
5.)Reach For The Sky
6.)Detonator

Nobody likes collage but me

I cant say I dont like it, because Ive simply never actually heard it. It came out during a period in time when I wasnt much interested in Ratt's new stuff at the time. I did hear the S/T album from 99 though, and I didnt care for it really, so I still have yet to go back and pick up Collage.

I did get both Arcade albums though.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Ratt: Favorite Album   Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 3:42 pm

I don't HATE Collage, but people fail to realize it is just a mish-mash of unreleased material and things that were left off of albums.

Arcade put out three albums, by the way, if you include the live disc. Arcade was an excellent Ratt-alternative.

Pearcey's other solo stuff, namely Vertex, is crap, however.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Ratt: Favorite Album   Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 11:19 pm

Out of the Cellar. Never cared for them after that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: Ratt: Favorite Album   Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 2:25 pm

Invasion and Reach For The Sky are my two favorites. I'm one of the few with Reach as a favorite.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Ratt: Favorite Album   Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 1:27 am

Out Of The Cellar is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Ratt: Favorite Album   Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 8:29 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
I don't HATE Collage, but people fail to realize it is just a mish-mash of unreleased material and things that were left off of albums.

Arcade put out three albums, by the way, if you include the live disc. Arcade was an excellent Ratt-alternative.

Pearcey's other solo stuff, namely Vertex, is crap, however.

Arttie

Actually, I had no idea there was a live one, thanks Arttie!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ratt: Favorite Album   Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:23 pm

saw this thread on Ratt, used to be a major Ratt fan back in the day and Warren DeMartini is an excellent guitartist, maybe the best, out of bands that came out of the Sun Set Strip.

Favorite album: Out of the Cellar
Least Favorite: Ratt (1999)
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ratt: Favorite Album   Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:43 pm

Out Of The Celler/Invasion - tie as best
Dancing Undercover/Detanator - Tie for 2nd
Reach/EP - tie for third

Don't like the newer stuff!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ratt: Favorite Album   Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:56 pm

I think the EP is probably the only thing I could still tolerate. I stopped listening to them after Invasion and I'm guessing the last time I heard them was around 1987.

I'm not much of a hair metal fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ratt: Favorite Album   Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:16 pm

i'll go with the unreleased one...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Ratt: Favorite Album   Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:20 pm

Locky wrote:
Does anybody rate the album "Detonator" at all ?

...Not particularly. Laughing

But seriously folks... the first EP and OUT OF THE CELLAR were pretty good for their time, but much of what came after that was pure formula, making the same record over and over again. That sorta thing works for some bands (i.e. AC/DC, the Ramones, Motorhead, etc.) but with Ratt it got old pretty quick. IMO of course.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ratt: Favorite Album   Ratt: Favorite Album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ratt: Favorite Album
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next