Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Canada's Moxy!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Canada's Moxy! Empty
PostSubject: Canada's Moxy!   Canada's Moxy! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 11:43 pm

Haven't come across to many fans of Moxy! Moxy IMO was so underated and so heavy for their time!
The first Moxy had Tommy Bolin and probably was there most mellow but then again with Tommy Bolin it is always different.

If you want any Moxy get Ridin High absolute great album, or get Raw kinda a greatest hits. But when Buzz Sherman died they lost alot he was an awesome vocalist!

http://www.myspace.com/moxy2000

check them out here but IMO those song don't show the real Moxy!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Canada's Moxy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada's Moxy!   Canada's Moxy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 12:40 am

Oh hell yeah! The first album with Bolin really had some hard rockin songs in the mix (Moonrider etc.). They had a stadium rock vibe (in a good way) that was really ahead of their time. Oddly, Bolin's distinctive high pitched guitar isn't featured all that much. I haven't listened real hard to Moxy II; but I can tell that it's almost as good, similar dynamics. Ridin High is the heaviest; but for me the riffs aren't very original (but still good riffs). After Buzz died, they added Mike Reno pre-Loverboy; which hurt their power credibility and killed them off. To be fair I've never heard the Reno album, but I assume it's not as heavy.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Canada's Moxy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada's Moxy!   Canada's Moxy! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 6:34 pm

Cassic Moxy and still soundf good all these years even without Buzz Sherman!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Canada's Moxy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada's Moxy!   Canada's Moxy! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 6:36 pm

Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Canada's Moxy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada's Moxy!   Canada's Moxy! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 7:21 pm

Love Moxy, the debut and third album Ridin' High are some of the peaks of stadium metal in the late 70's. Man Canada had some great bands in the late 70's Moxy,Teaze, Max Webster etc.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Canada's Moxy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada's Moxy!   Canada's Moxy! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 7:23 pm

Absolutely great music came out of Canada back in the 70's! Ridin High to me was their pinnacle album not a bad song on there!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Canada's Moxy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada's Moxy!   Canada's Moxy! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Canada's Moxy!
Page 1 of 1