Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MOXY...NEW ALBUMS

Go down 
+2
MetalGuy71
brokentulsa
6 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Empty
PostSubject: MOXY...NEW ALBUMS   MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 5:34 pm

MOXY Signs With Perris Records for "40 Years and Still Riding High" and "Live In Toronto" CD releases. Both CDs will be released May 22nd, 2015. The "40 Years and Still Riding High" release is a Re-Record of the best of from the first 3 albums: MOXY I, MOXY II and Riding High. The "Live In Toronto" release was recorded at the Sound Academy in Toronto and will include a bonus Orchestral Remix track of "Another Time". Perris Records will also release both titles digitally in the USA, Mexico and South America.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOXY...NEW ALBUMS   MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 9:46 am

Never heard of Moxy. Interesting. Perhaps I should check them out.

I'm familiar with their new singer, Nick Walsh and his former band Slik Toxic though. He shoulda been the new singer for Skid Row. They even called him "Little Sebastian" back in the day.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOXY...NEW ALBUMS   MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 1:02 pm

I saw Nick Walsh and his band, Revolver, open for Helix up in Toronto a few years ago. I was impressed.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOXY...NEW ALBUMS   MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 1:36 pm

I own four Moxy albums and I'll this one out.  It seems weird that the Sven Gali singer is now their lead singer, but the sample sounds pretty good.  Isn't this the Canadian band that's bizarrely popular in Texas for some reason?
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOXY...NEW ALBUMS   MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 9:05 pm

Very cool. Hope to pick those up someday.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOXY...NEW ALBUMS   MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 10:35 pm

Wasn't pedophile Dave Holland in this band? Or am I thinking of some other band?
Back to top Go down

MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOXY...NEW ALBUMS   MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 11:09 pm

Dave Holland was in Trapeze with Glenn Hughes and Mel Galley.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOXY...NEW ALBUMS   MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 11:49 pm

Ahhh. Yep. Thx De.

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOXY...NEW ALBUMS   MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 1:56 pm

Quote :
Isn't this the Canadian band that's bizarrely popular in Texas for some reason?

Yes it is..another Canadian band that had a huge following in Texas from the beginning was Helix...while most people in the states didn't take notice of them until no rest for the wicked Texas radio station were with them from the beginning...I remember hearing this when it first came out and I rushed to buy the album...

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOXY...NEW ALBUMS   MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 1:57 pm

Riot also had a huge following in Texas from their early days!!! headbanger
Back to top Go down

MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOXY...NEW ALBUMS   MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 1:57 pm

It's not Texas per se, it's really just San Antonio. Saxon and Budgie have huge followings in San Antonio as well.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOXY...NEW ALBUMS   MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 2:49 pm

Quote :
It's not Texas per se, it's really just San Antonio. Saxon and Budgie have huge followings in San Antonio as well.

I grew up in Amarillo...way up in the Texas panhandle...and all these bands mentioned had huge followings there back in their early days as well..I even remember Roth era Scorpions  getting lots of radio play way back in the 70s in Amarillo...We had some great radio stations back then and some really good record stores that sold these albums...Even in the 80s I not only knew who Motley Crue was before they were really big but I bought the Leathür version of Too Fast for Love when it first came out thanks to regular radio play in Amarillo...  who would have thought..
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOXY...NEW ALBUMS   MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 9:49 pm

Ridin High is their heaviest album. But I own all of them.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOXY...NEW ALBUMS   MOXY...NEW ALBUMS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MOXY...NEW ALBUMS
Page 1 of 1