Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album

Go down 
+20
Gilbert
mc666
James B.
tohostudios
TheGreatDuck
snooloui
nevermore
brokentulsa
krokus
seconds2silence
ShadowAngel
MoonChild
Dark Horseman
manny
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
jstate
exact33
Required Fields
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album   Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 1:46 pm

hehe. Never saw that coming Razz

snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album   Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 2:46 pm

So announcing their retirement was just a publicity stunt? I don't really care I just wish they would announce some UK dates. They've been pretty much everywhere over the last three years but not a single UK concert angry
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album   Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 5:02 pm

So I still have a chance to see Scorpions live? Sweet! headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album   Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 5:44 pm

exact33 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
S.D. wrote:
If the material is good, doesn't really matter when it was written.

Exactly!

new krokus and new Scorps!! YAY!!!
Speaking of Krokus, didn't they too announce they'd retire soon?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album   Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 7:45 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
exact33 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
S.D. wrote:
If the material is good, doesn't really matter when it was written.

Exactly!

new krokus and new Scorps!! YAY!!!
Speaking of Krokus, didn't they too announce they'd retire soon?

which was quickly followed by an announcement they were un-retiring.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album   Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 7:52 pm

If the Scorps come up with something as good as Sting In The Tail for the next album, I won't give a rat's ass when the songs were written; I'll be all over it.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album   Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 7:54 pm

tohostudios wrote:
If the Scorps come up with something as good as Sting In The Tail for the next album, I won't give a rat's ass when the songs were written; I'll be all over it.

yep. Sting in the Tail rocks!

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album   Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 8:10 pm

Bands need to stop announcing their retirement. If they don't do anything, fine, we'll figure it out.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album   Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 8:18 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

yep. Sting in the Tail rocks!

Indeed!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album   Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 8:28 pm

I'd be more interested in a them doing something with Uli again

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album   Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:39 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Bands need to stop announcing their retirement. If they don't do anything, fine, we'll figure it out.
it generates revenue. why not utilize such an announcement?

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album   Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 1:25 am

headbanger Great.

Looking forward to a new scorpions album
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album   Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 12:07 pm

Quote :
Dark Horseman wrote:
it generates revenue. why not utilize such an announcement?
Does it? And because not many people seemed to believe it. It feels like manipulation to me.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album   Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 2:14 am

So many bands have retired and reformed so many times; so i barely believe it anymore.

We're all slaves of the $$$, aren't we?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album   Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 3:24 pm

Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album - Page 2 83628 

Looks like retirement is treating The Scorpions well:

SCORPIONS: 'MTV Unplugged - Live In Athens' Due Before End Of Year - June 28, 2013

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=191891

On September 11, September 12 and September 14, German hard rock legends SCORPIONS will play three concerts in Athens, Greece under the banner "MTV Unplugged - Scorpions Live In Athens" at the Lycabettus Theatre over the roofs of the ancient city. For the first time in the history of the "MTV Unplugged" series, a concert in Greece under the open sky will take place.

The SCORPIONS will perform their biggest hits, album classics as well as some exclusive new songs in the typical sound and arrangement of "MTV Unplugged". They will be supported by national and international surprise guests, to be announced at a later date.

Says the band: "'MTV Unplugged' was already top on our wish list and therefore we have gladly accepted the offer to stage these concerts as part of our farewell tour. We are [happy to be working] together with MTV on this very special event in Athens."

"MTV Unplugged - Scorpions Live In Athens" will be released at the end of 2013 on CD, DVD and Blu-ray disc. In addition, the performance will be premiered on MTV and VIVA in Germany.

SCORPIONS spent the first three months of 2012 in the studio with producers Mikael "Nord" Andersson and Martin Hansen resurrecting a dozen unfinished songs from what some people believe was the band's best and most creative period — leftovers from the albums "Blackout" (1982), "Love At First Sting" (1984), "Savage Amusement" (1988) and "Crazy World" (1990) — for an album that is tentatively scheduled for release later this year. "It will be material that was never finished; songs with pure SCORPIONS DNA from a very exciting time," singer Klaus Meine confirmed to Classic Rock. "Once we close the book on the crazy touring schedule, that's something we'll pick up again." An album of all-new SCORPIONS material may surface as well, according to Meine. "At this point nothing is out of the question," he said. "When we said adios with 'Sting In The Tail', our label, Sony Music, cried, 'No, no, no… What about this idea? What about that idea?' There are some offers you just can't refuse. I don't want to say too much right now, but I can reassure you there is still life in those bloody old SCORPIONS."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album   Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:17 am

MTV is still involved in music? Huh, how 'bout that.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album   Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:29 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
MTV is still involved in music? Huh, how 'bout that.

Maybe in other parts of the world, but certainly not the U.S. channel. That pesky music stuff would just get in the way of their Movie Awards ceremonies and shows about teenage mothers...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album   Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:37 am

Didn't the Scorps already do an unplugged album? What was Acoustica?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album   Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:39 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

An "unplugged" live album recorded in Portugal, featuring a cover of "Drive" by the Cars. (!!)

I could be wrong but I don't think it ever got a U.S. release. I know a buddy of mine complained about how much $$ it cost him to get an import copy from Amazon some years back.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album   Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:43 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

An "unplugged" live album recorded in Portugal, featuring a cover of "Drive" by the Cars. (!!)

I could be wrong but I don't think it ever got a U.S. release. I know a buddy of mine complained about how much $$ it cost him to get an import copy from Amazon some years back.

Wacky. Sorry I missed that one.Rolling Eyes  Probably gonna "miss" this one too. Wink 

Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album   Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:06 pm

Good news. I saw the Scorpions on their last tour and they rocked. Sure, they have aged, but I couldn't find a single flaw with the performance. I really enjoyed it. Leftover tracks from the 80's? Now that seems a bit fantastic considering they didn't stop recording and you'd think those ideas would have been at the very least re-visited sometime between then and now. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it being a long time Scorpions fan.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album   Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 10:00 am

Not mad about this at all. It doesn't matter when they wrote it. A good song is a good song. Personally, I don't think they need to fall back on old demos but if there's some good stuff in there, yeah, finish it and release it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album   Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorpions pull a VH, finishing leftover tracks from the 80s for next album
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2