Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN

Go down 
+13
Witchfinder
Boris2008
corplhicks
James B.
thejokeriv
speed101
mr.electric39
Fat Freddy
manny
chewie
nevermore
krokus
ultmetal
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Empty
PostSubject: Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN   Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 10:11 am

Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN 61869_146840788691211_765561_n
Reality Check TV is contributing to a Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN, titled 'Rock Until You Drop!'! A fall release is planned via SPV/Steamhammer (also home to Motörhead), and will feature interviews about this seminal band's role in British Heavy Metal, and their influence on Thrash Metal! Check out their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Raven/137886919586598

More on RCTV: http://realitychecktv.com/

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN   Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 11:10 am

They deserve it. Like ANVIL they never stopped releasing album and touring around the world. They are the besttttttttt.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN   Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 1:18 pm

I'd love to see that!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN   Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 1:20 pm

Sweet!! I'm going to get that, fer sure!!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN   Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 3:37 pm

I think Raven achieved slightly more success than Anvil. They were fairly popular in the 80's. Either way, Raven has long been one of my favorite bands. I'm anxious to see this.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN   Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 4:19 pm

I did not listen to Anvil back in the day, but I loved Raven, those first three Raven albums are a must have IMO
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN   Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 5:53 pm

Yay!! Raven's my boys!! I will definitely will own a copy!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN   Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 8:12 pm

Not to mention that Raven is about 5000 times better than Anvil could ever hope to be.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN   Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:11 pm

Love Raven... saw 'em a couple of years ago in San Francisco....

LIVE AT THE INFERNOOOOOO!!!!!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN   Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 9:02 pm

S.D. wrote:
Not to mention that Raven is about 5000 times better than Anvil could ever hope to be.

That sir, goes without saying
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN   Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 9:52 pm

Might get this.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN   Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Awesome!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN   Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 4:10 pm

Looks like this Raven DVD is finally happening!! Happy Fanboy Dance!! :cheese: headbanger

RAVEN To Release 'Rock Until You Drop - A Long Days Journey' DVD - May 14, 2013

Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Ravendvd2013

Veteran British/American heavy metal trio RAVEN will release "Rock Until You Drop - A Long Days Journey" two-disc DVD as a digipak via SPV/Steamhammer on the following dates:

Germany: June 21
Europe: June 24
USA/Canada: July 2

The effort contains four hours and 30 minutes of concert footage from around the world, in the studio, backstage, interviews with the band, the fans, musicians and producer. It tells the story of over three decades of trailblaizing metal mayhem!

From the well-documented early days as NWOBHM (New Wave of British Heavy Metal) frontrunners, RAVEN's albums "Rock Until You Drop", "Wiped Out" and "All For One" virtually invented both the speed metal and power metal genres — during the trailblazing USA tours of the '80s introducing the States to "athletic rock" as well as giving opening acts like METALLICA and ANTHRAX their first tours, through the doldrums of the late '80s/early '90s when a grunge-obsessed media wrote off so many acts, RAVEN has consistently proved to be both survivors par excellence and in a genre of grim imitation shown that they are "the real thing". Where so many of their contemporaries have either faded creatively or become parodies of themselves, RAVEN have consistently pushed the envelope while retaining their unique sound and attack — both in the studio & in their true element, onstage!

In a music scene filled by clones nurtured with a cookie-cutter mentality, the unique personality, power and humor of the three band members has always shone through. The crazed vocals and bass playing of John Gallagher, the full frontal guitar assault of brother, Mark Gallagher, and the punishing polyrhythmic pounding of drummer Joe Hasselvander all combine to form a sonic battering ram unique in rock!

DVD 1 track listing:

Documentary (approx. 190 min)
The whole story feat. Live Concert footage, interviews and photos
* Featuting 14 songs from 1982 up to present: "Tyrant Of The Airways", "Faster Than The Speed Of Light", "Crash Bang Wallop", "Take Control", "On And On" and many more
* Exclusive interviews with: Lars Ulrich (METALLICA), Michael Wagener (producer), Dee Snider (TWISTED SISTER), Chuck Billy (TESTAMENT), Dave Ellefson (MEGADETH) and many more
* Slideshow
* Photos throughout the years

DVD 2 track listing:

Extras (approx. 90 min)
* 7 extra songs
* 5 full edits of songs: "Crazy World", "Hellpatrol", "Lambs To The Slaughter", "Architect of Fear" and many more
* 19 minutes of extra footage, interviews and studio outtakes

NTSC
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Region Code: 0 (All)
Sound: 2.0 Dolby Digital
Length all: approximately 280 minutes

RAVEN recently celebrated the 30th anniversary of its seminal album "All For One" by playing select dates dubbed "All For One Forever", during which they performed many tracks from the album, including some rarely or never performed live. Originally released in 1983, "All For One" was not only the band's breakout LP, it was also a massively influential slab of classic metal. The band's groundbreaking and high-energy approach was a vital element in the development of thrash.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN   Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 4:29 pm

worth checking out, thanks for the heads up Kieth headbanger

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN   Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 4:42 pm

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its about time!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN   Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 4:45 pm

This is huuuuuuge. I can't wait for this; we need to see more DVD docs on NWOBHM bands in general. Maybe one on Diamond Head next?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN   Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 5:21 pm

I think that Raven are almost as over rated as Anvil.

Of the lesser NWOBHM bands give me Angel Witch, Diamond Head or even Venom any day.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN   Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 6:20 pm

Venom would make for a great doc.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN   Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 6:55 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I think that Raven are almost as over rated as Anvil.

Booooooo. Buzzkill. Razz

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN   Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:23 pm

Woot!

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN   Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:34 pm

Added to my want list!
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN   Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:39 pm

I just realized there's no RAVEN on Spotify, talk about obscure, wow Laughing

P.S. There's no SATAN either... there goes $10/mo wasted for another useless service, screw this! angry
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN   Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:52 pm

stormspell wrote:
I just realized there's no RAVEN on Spotify, talk about obscure, wow Laughing

P.S. There's no SATAN either... there goes $10/mo wasted for another useless service, screw this! angry

Lol I hear you; Rhapsody has a greatest hits for Raven only and very little NWOBHM. Funniest thing is they list Accept as NWOBHM. wtf
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN   Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 12:11 am

I'm getting this one now! Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN   Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 12:39 am

I'll keep an eye out for this one!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN   Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Documentary DVD about NWOBHM Pioneers RAVEN
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next