Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal bands you wish to bring back

Go down 
+33
metalheaded
CRIMSONMASK
JBall_Z
allthingsmetal
BearOnUnicycle
Wayne
jstate
ShadowAngel
metalken
Hamer12
brokentulsa
metalhead777
EmoElmo
Vexer6
martinsane
Lari
DallasBlack
Addy
jettafiend
Dark Horseman
Big Rich
Psychotron
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
krokus
Joe
Required Fields
adrian
Wurthless
ultmetal
T-Roy
vgmaster9
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 7:00 pm

Excellent that David Wayne and Layne Staley are mentioned already. 2 amazing talents greatly missed.

Miss Andrew Wood tremendously and can only imagine how the Seattle music scene would differ if he had not passed.

Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 7:47 pm

Riot(Mark Reale, Guy Speranza, and Rhett Forester)
Jani Lane
Slipknot(Paul Gray)
Type O Negative(Peter O Toole)
INXS(Michael Hutchence)
Phantom Blue(Michelle Meldrum)
Wendy O Williams
Slaughter(Tim Kelly)
Helix(Paul Hackman)
Cliff Burton
Wayne(Metal Church)
Kevin Dubrow
Armored Saint(Dave Pritchard)
Dimebag Darrel
Great White(Ty Longley)
Fear Of God(Dawn Crosby)
Ratt(Robin Crosby)
Randy Castillo
Y&T(Phil Kennemore)
Dirty Looks
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:10 pm

RUSH !

oh wait, no

Vio-Lence and Demolition Hammer
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:15 pm

Death
Dark Angel
Sacrament

Only one really had someone die, but the other two both had vocalists told that if they kept up, they would face serious injury.
So, kinda works.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:34 pm

The Moshketeers (No one has passed, but Paul has Parkinson's and can no longer play guitar.)

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Kiss(Eric Carr and Mark St. John)
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:40 pm

The sweet
Slade
T Rex
Queen
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:41 pm

Acid Bath. Audie Pitre was a huge part of their sound & their albums were classics IMO. Would have loved to heard what was to come!
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:58 pm

Riot - with the Speranza line up AND the Forrester line up. Which I guess is the same line up, but with Guy and Rhett, respectively.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:38 am

I'm more interested in members of older bands creating new music. And I mean NEW music, not 1 existing member of a long-defunct band resurrecting the name to make a few bucks...but new band, new songs.

Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:46 am

vgmaster9 wrote:
krokus wrote:
Nobody, i am happy with all those great new bands today. They are the future and those bands that are long gone were the past. We have to start suporting the new bands by buying their albums, going to see them live, buy their tshirts etc..... Its their time. The time of bands that are long gone have passed away.

So you're saying we should just forget about the past bands altogether?

No, of course not. I still play every day albums of bands of the past and buy records of bands that are going strong for 20 years. The only thing i am saying that i prefere new bands then resurrect bands from the past.
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 8:36 am

DallasBlack wrote:

Savatage w/ Criss
Shadow Gallery w/ Mike Baker
Dio
Metallica w/ Cliff
Ronnie Van Zant (Van Zant could be a trio w/ Donnie and Johnny)
Metal Church w/ Wayne

Thanks for doing all the work Wink

The Doors
Jimi Hendrix Experience
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:26 am

metalhead777 wrote:
Death
Dark Angel
Sacrament

Only one really had someone die, but the other two both had vocalists told that if they kept up, they would face serious injury.
So, kinda works.
Oh man....a major DITTO for me on Sacrament. Haunts of Violence was/is so amazing. So Wolfe had to quit? I always wondered what happened to them.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:36 am

Athiest Piece Of Time line-up with the late Roger Patterson.

Not a metal band but I always wondered what would have happened if Mia Zapata (of the Gits) had not been murdered.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:29 am

Most of the bands/artists I would like to see back have been mentioned but the top 3 for me would be:

1. Chuck schuldiner. Death are sorely missed and I'd love to have more stuff from control denied aswell.

2. Cliff burton. I really liked justice for all but after that Metallica nosedived for me. Can't help but think it might have been oh so different if cliff was still alive. Granted if they had stuck to their ride the lightening/master of puppets creative style they would not be as big commercially as they are now but we may have had some great albums.

3. Savatage. Love the guitar work of Chris oliva but really enjoyed a lot of their stuff post his death. Would love to see these get back together to create more music. Nearest thing I'll get to savatage is the new tour for Jon olivas pain which fortunately is coming to the uk for a date in London in a couple of weeks. They've said their going to play a greatest hits set of savatage and Jon olivas pain material plus as its the 25th anniversary of hall of the mountain king they are gonna play the whole album live too. Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:47 am

Dio obviously.
And maybe Pink Floyd. It bugs me I didn't see them live (I was like 10 when they came here), and I believe I won't see them at all.
And Vicious Rumors with mighty Carl Albert.
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 8:42 am

Of those who has passed on, the ones I personaly seem to miss the most are: Randy Rhoads, Dave Pritchard, Criss Oliva, David Wayne, Cliff Burton, Jesse Pintado (and although i like the more recent Terrorizer and Napalm Death cds, they just seem to be missing something....).
But defunct bands that I wish put out more music in their era are: Fifth Angel, Demolition Hammer, the Crucified, and Sanctuary.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 12:34 pm

Lari wrote:
Angel Dust

The band name I was trying to remember ... Thank you Lari! My age is beginning to be a hindrance. Smile
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:49 pm

Exodus w/ Baloff
Metallica w/ Cliff
Vio-lence
Pantera

& just for shits & giggles:

N.W.A.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:36 pm

Cliff Burton
Criss Oliva
Gar Samuelson
Randy Rhoads
David Wayne
Ronnie James Dio
Chuck Schuldiner
Ingo Schwitzenberg (Helloween)
Robin Crosby

I think it would be mildly interesting to take each of the members who've died and have age progression photos done of them to estimate what they'd look like now, if they were still alive. Of course, some of them would look pretty thrashed, since they abused themselves and would reflect that now...
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:26 pm

Liege Lord
Hellhammer
Bathory
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Rocky era Suicidal Tendencies
Martin era Faith No More
origional Guns & Roses
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 7:04 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

This headbanger

Rocky's got to be the one of the most melodic Thrash Metal lead guitar player ever... His playing is so detached from the conventional style you can almost identify his solos on the spot
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 7:18 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

This headbanger

Rocky's got to be the one of the most melodic Thrash Metal lead guitar player ever... His playing is so detached from the conventional style you can almost identify his solos on the spot

Yeah, I think his talent is wasted with Fishbone. I tried listening to their stuff and it did absolutly nothing for me.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Keani
Metal novice
Metal novice
Keani

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 2:23 am

Definitely would choose:
Alice in Chains, Type O Negative, Acid Bath, Death, Dio, and Xasthur. Those are the only ones I can really think of at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal bands you wish to bring back
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next