Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Atmospheric/ambient metal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

Atmospheric/ambient metal Empty
PostSubject: Atmospheric/ambient metal   Atmospheric/ambient metal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 7:22 pm

After I found this band about a year ago, I fell in love with their unique take on black metal, with a very progressive, yet ambient sound.
I've yet to find anything like it, but I'm still searching for good ambient metal, any other bands similar to this?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Atmospheric/ambient metal   Atmospheric/ambient metal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 7:36 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Atmospheric/ambient metal   Atmospheric/ambient metal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:26 pm

I've been listening to Alcest alot recently, love the atmosphere their music creates.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Atmospheric/ambient metal   Atmospheric/ambient metal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:45 pm

S.D. wrote:
I've been listening to Alcest alot recently, love the atmosphere their music creates.

I really like Alcest a lot too. If you like them you may want to check out Les Discrets as well.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Atmospheric/ambient metal   Atmospheric/ambient metal Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 3:55 pm

Good call on maudlin of the Well, OCI. I was going to mention Alcest as well, but it seems I was beaten to the punch.

More on the black metal side of things, you may like Ulver or Agalloch.

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Atmospheric/ambient metal   Atmospheric/ambient metal Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 4:06 pm

yes, maudlin of the Well is phenomenal, 'Leaving Your Body Map' is absolutely an essential album for me, even out of all the albums I own, that one is just an easy pick. That one and their debut. Anybody who loves adventurous, very atmospheric metal or just music at all needs to get some of their stuff. Preferably the first three albums..............
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Atmospheric/ambient metal   Atmospheric/ambient metal Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 5:39 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
yes, maudlin of the Well is phenomenal, 'Leaving Your Body Map' is absolutely an essential album for me, even out of all the albums I own, that one is just an easy pick. That one and their debut. Anybody who loves adventurous, very atmospheric metal or just music at all needs to get some of their stuff. Preferably the first three albums..............
I found Bath to be such an easy album to relax to. Really mellow.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Atmospheric/ambient metal   Atmospheric/ambient metal Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:23 pm

Ya know, I think I don't have any Ambient Metal unless you count that album Arjen put out with that 14 year old female singer many years ago.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Atmospheric/ambient metal   Atmospheric/ambient metal Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:44 pm

Wait! I think I have some later Burzum stuff around here... if that counts........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Atmospheric/ambient metal   Atmospheric/ambient metal Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:09 pm

nevermore wrote:

I really like Alcest a lot too. If you like them you may want to check out Les Discrets as well.

I'll do that, thanks for the recommendation!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Atmospheric/ambient metal   Atmospheric/ambient metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Atmospheric/ambient metal
Page 1 of 1