Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Icarus Witch - Rise

Go down 
+7
Eyesore
nevermore
thejokeriv
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
Witchfinder
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Icarus Witch - Rise Empty
PostSubject: Icarus Witch - Rise   Icarus Witch - Rise Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:02 pm

A new Icarus Witch album is being released on 7/3 and the title is Rise. Check out the story here: http://www.bravewords.com/news/185239

It sounds better than Draw Down the Moon which I found to be very boring.

Here's the teaser video:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch - Rise   Icarus Witch - Rise Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:12 pm

Capture the Magic was the last one I purchased. It was good, but I liked the EP better.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch - Rise   Icarus Witch - Rise Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:55 pm

Yeah, that EP was great.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch - Rise   Icarus Witch - Rise Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:10 pm

Excellent! Saw them with the new singer and old singer when they opened (and were back up band) to Di'Anno a couple years ago, I will be buying this one
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch - Rise   Icarus Witch - Rise Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:12 pm

I have their releases except for Draw Down The Moon. I've never been able to seem to find it anywhere. Wouldn't mind picking up this new one,too.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch - Rise   Icarus Witch - Rise Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:37 pm

I'm hoping I can see them live in August when they tour with White Wizzard and Widow.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch - Rise   Icarus Witch - Rise Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 10:41 pm

Really looking forward to this, as I've liked all their albums to varying degrees, but I will miss Matt Bizilia's unique vocals.

Love the album cover.

Icarus Witch - Rise Icarusrise
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch - Rise   Icarus Witch - Rise Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 8:13 am

Eyesore wrote:
Really looking forward to this, as I've liked all their albums to varying degrees, but I will miss Matt Bizilia's unique vocals.

Love the album cover.

Icarus Witch - Rise Icarusrise

Kooky. And I'll miss the vocalist as well.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch - Rise   Icarus Witch - Rise Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:36 am

I never investigated these guys any further than their ep. Decent enough. Sexy new cover though.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch - Rise   Icarus Witch - Rise Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 1:28 pm

I always thought that Icarus Witch excelled at cover songs. Here's some examples:

S.A.T.O. - with George Lynch

Roses On White Lace - with Michael Romeo

Mirror, mirror - with Joe Lynn Turner (I absolutely love this cover!)

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch - Rise   Icarus Witch - Rise Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 2:57 pm

Yeah, they do some great cover. The Cooper cover rules! And being a huge Leppard fan, I was pretty excited to hear a band cover what I think is one of Leppard's best and most underrated tunes. They did a great job, though Joe Lynn Turner seems a bit out of place on it. Love the bassline in it, too.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch - Rise   Icarus Witch - Rise Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 9:52 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Capture the Magic was the last one I purchased.

Same here, I think I will put it on, time for some Metal! headbanger

"Soothsayer" cool standout track for me..
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch - Rise   Icarus Witch - Rise Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 4:38 am

So I wonder what people are going to think of this album. It's a very "hard rock" album. There are still metal elements and such, but overall it's got more in common with Hardcore Superstar than previous Icarus Witch albums.

I wonder how much Bizilia contributed to the songwriting on past albums. Or maybe he left the band due to this style shift. I recall "artistic differences" supposedly being one of the reasons he left the band.

All that said, it's a solid album I spun it a few times today and I really dig it. But again, Bizilia's unique voice is sorely missed. The new guy is capable enough, but he's just your run-of-the-mill singer. I think in Bizilia this band lost the one thing that separated them from pack, you know.

Still, solid album. Anyone else hear it yet?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch - Rise   Icarus Witch - Rise Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 9:57 am

Eyesore wrote:
So I wonder what people are going to think of this album. It's a very "hard rock" album. There are still metal elements and such, but overall it's got more in common with Hardcore Superstar than previous Icarus Witch albums.

I wonder how much Bizilia contributed to the songwriting on past albums. Or maybe he left the band due to this style shift. I recall "artistic differences" supposedly being one of the reasons he left the band.

All that said, it's a solid album I spun it a few times today and I really dig it. But again, Bizilia's unique voice is sorely missed. The new guy is capable enough, but he's just your run-of-the-mill singer. I think in Bizilia this band lost the one thing that separated them from pack, you know.

Still, solid album. Anyone else hear it yet?

I am liking it so far. I agree that it's more hard rock than metal and it's also stuffed with anthems. It's better than Draw Down The Moon but that album sounded like something a band on the verge of a crack up would release. It lacked any sort of passion or fire.

It's on Spotify if anyone wants to check it out.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch - Rise   Icarus Witch - Rise Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:21 am

All the samples sounded decidedly un-metal.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch - Rise   Icarus Witch - Rise Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:42 pm

I have the EP. I liked it, but for some reason I never really checked out their full-length albums. Being a Pennsylvania native, I really should be more supportive of the band.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch - Rise   Icarus Witch - Rise Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 12:54 pm

I've had this album in my truck all week, and it's not left it. What a fantastic album! Yeah, the new vocalist isn't as unique, but he's solid. More important, the songs are excellent. A bit more modern at times, but also quite often there are throwback 80s rock moments. It's a great, diverse mix. No clunkers, either, in my opinion.

Call me crazy, but I think this is their best album yet.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch - Rise   Icarus Witch - Rise Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:02 pm

I am undecided on it at this point - I think it's good, but maybe a bit too "modern" for my taste. I'll give it a few more spins. With the right promotion, this album could make them more popular.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch - Rise   Icarus Witch - Rise Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:50 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I've had this album in my truck all week, and it's not left it. What a fantastic album! Yeah, the new vocalist isn't as unique, but he's solid. More important, the songs are excellent. A bit more modern at times, but also quite often there are throwback 80s rock moments. It's a great, diverse mix. No clunkers, either, in my opinion.

Call me crazy, but I think this is their best album yet.

I am still digging it as well. It's definitely the most anthemic thing they've done.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch - Rise   Icarus Witch - Rise Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:56 am

A couple of listens in and I'm liking the new direction they've gone in. Before this one I had started to get pretty bored with them. In fact if it weren't for the change and samples I'd have probably let this one pass. Glad I didn't, seems like it has a ton of replay value.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch - Rise   Icarus Witch - Rise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Icarus Witch - Rise
Page 1 of 1