Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard!

Go down 
+4
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
KissinMaiden
mc666
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard! Empty
PostSubject: Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard!   Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 12:42 am

I just read that Icarus Witch are covering Def Leppard's "Mirror, Mirror (Look Into My Eyes)" for their upcoming album. Man, that is awesome! That's one of my favorite Leppard tunes, top five easy! It's one of those songs that I think is overlooked because of their hit songs, like "Comin' Under Fire," "Gods Of War," and "Another Hit And Run," for example.

I think they'll do it justice, too. They did a killer cover of Alice Cooper's "Roses On White Lace."
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard!   Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 12:48 am

but... do they sound as close to the original as Mariah Carey did? Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard!   Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 1:09 am

mc666 wrote:
sick

What did she cover? "Bringin' On The Heartbreak," right? Terrible. You ever heard the samples from the Def Leppard hip hop tribute CD? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard!   Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 1:14 am

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
sick

What did she cover? "Bringin' On The Heartbreak," right? Terrible. You ever heard the samples from the Def Leppard hip hop tribute CD? Laughing very hard

No but, I've heard the hip hop tribute to iron maiden which was.......well.........sick Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard! 927150 affraid surprised Evil or Very Mad (words can't describe it).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard!   Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 1:24 am

Oh, it's probably done by the same retards that did the DL tribute. "Words can't describe it" is pretty accurate. Just listen to this nonsense:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/recsradio/radio...

lol!
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard!   Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 1:35 am

I'm a huge pyromania/hysteria fan but, those songs just sound silly.

Animal is terrible, rock of ages is ok LOL...actually listened to most of them LMFAO.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard!   Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 9:19 am

Eyesore wrote:
I just read that Icarus Witch are covering Def Leppard's "Mirror, Mirror (Look Into My Eyes)" for their upcoming album. Man, that is awesome! That's one of my favorite Leppard tunes, top five easy! It's one of those songs that I think is overlooked because of their hit songs, like "Comin' Under Fire," "Gods Of War," and "Another Hit And Run," for example.

I think they'll do it justice, too. They did a killer cover of Alice Cooper's "Roses On White Lace."

I haven't heard these guys, but at least they picked a cool Leppard song to cover.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard!   Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 9:22 am

Icarus Witch is a cool band and I look forward to hearing this D.L. cover! I'm glad they picked one of the more obscure Lep tracks and not one of their hits.

I.W. has also covered Ozzy's "S.A.T.O." on their CAPTURE THE MAGIC album, which featured George Lynch on guest guitar.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard!   Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 10:24 am

These guys are good (and a local band for me to boot). I have Capture the Magic and think it smokes. I still need Roses on White Lace but am having trouble locating it (which doesn't surprise me ; this area sucks when it comes to metal.)How a band like them were able to rise to any sort of prominence from this area is quite a feat.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard!   Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 9:56 pm

I have all Icarus Witches releases!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard!   Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 9:42 am

If you go to their Myspace page, they have a song that is a compilation of all the songs from the new album. If you listen to it, you can hear a brief sample of the Def Leppard cover.

http://www.myspace.com/icaruswitch
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard!   Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 10:37 am

I saw Def Lep last night in VA and they played Mirror Mirror - sounded awesome in concert! From HnD they played Mirror, Another hit & Run, Bringing on the heartbreak, switch 625 - good to hear the hold songs live

You would have though it was the Hysteria tour all over - they played 7 songs from Hysteria, 3 from Pyromania, the high & dry songs and the only new stuff they played was Rock On. They also played 2 steps behind

Good show
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard!   Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 12:08 pm

They played "Mirror, Mirror?" You kidding? Wow!

By the way, this new album sounds awesome! It sounds better than Capture The Magic, and the DL cover sounded killer! Man, I'm excited now. Good find, bro!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard!   Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 12:29 pm

[quote="Eyesore"]They played "Mirror, Mirror?" You kidding? Wow!

No joke - it was great

The show had to have been sold out 20k +

Forienger seemed like a very, very good cover band, with the only original member being Mick Jones - but they did have Jeff Pilson (Dokken) on Bass, Jason Bonham on Drums and Kelly Hansen (Hurricane) singing. Kelly did a great job on the songs. Still, would have prefered to see lou gramm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard!   Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 10:05 pm

Man, they got this album on lockdown! It comes out next Tuesday and it hasn't leaked yet. Normally I couldn't care less about a leak, and I feel like a turd waiting for it to leak, but being an obsessive Def Leppard fan, I really want to hear this cover tune! NOW! Haha. The clip sounds like it's gonna be killer!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard!   Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 10:00 am

Eyesore wrote:
Man, they got this album on lockdown! It comes out next Tuesday and it hasn't leaked yet. Normally I couldn't care less about a leak, and I feel like a turd waiting for it to leak, but being an obsessive Def Leppard fan, I really want to hear this cover tune! NOW! Haha. The clip sounds like it's gonna be killer!

Just curious, Eyesore -- have you ever heard Seven Witches' cover of DL's "Wasted?" It's on their PASSAGE TO THE OTHER SIDE album. Damn good cover.

By the way, dunno if it's been mentioned in this thread yet (and I'm too lazy to look, haha) but according to Icarus Witch's web site, the "Mirror Mirror" cover on the new CD will feature JOE LYNN TURNER on guest vocals!!

From Icaruswitch.com:
JOE LYNN TURNER!
Yes, the soulful vocal superstar who has fronted Deep Purple, Rainbow and Yngwie Malmsteen (to name just a few) has teamed up with Icarus Witch for an explosive rendition of the 1981 Def Leppard rocker, "Mirror Mirror." To say having Joe on our album is an honor would an understatement. Mr. Turner's talent & charisma has inspired millions (with the platinum records to prove it) and the classy style he's perfected over the years has been a guiding light for bands like ours who strive to carry on the proud tradition of AOR infused melodic metal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard!   Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Yes, I have that Seven Witches album. Their cover is very good, but I like Trixie's cover far better. There are some good DL covers out there, but there's also some terrible ones. Ever heard Mariah Carey's version? sick Emm Gryner does an awesome piano version of "Pour Some Sugar On Me."

I didn't know about Joe Lynn Turner, though. That should be cool!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard!   Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 5:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Just curious, Eyesore -- have you ever heard Seven Witches' cover of DL's "Wasted?" It's on their PASSAGE TO THE OTHER SIDE album. Damn good cover.

By the way, dunno if it's been mentioned in this thread yet (and I'm too lazy to look, haha) but according to Icarus Witch's web site, the "Mirror Mirror" cover on the new CD will feature JOE LYNN TURNER on guest vocals!!

From Icaruswitch.com:
JOE LYNN TURNER!
Yes, the soulful vocal superstar who has fronted Deep Purple, Rainbow and Yngwie Malmsteen (to name just a few) has teamed up with Icarus Witch for an explosive rendition of the 1981 Def Leppard rocker, "Mirror Mirror." To say having Joe on our album is an honor would an understatement. Mr. Turner's talent & charisma has inspired millions (with the platinum records to prove it) and the classy style he's perfected over the years has been a guiding light for bands like ours who strive to carry on the proud tradition of AOR infused melodic metal.

Wow. George Lynch on their 1st album, now JLT on this one. These guys have some good connections in the biz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard!   Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 1:38 am

http://www.myspace.com/icaruswitch

Full cover is up. I think it's pretty damn sweet! I hope I can find this album tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard!   Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 10:52 am

Anyone listen to these guys lately? How is their music holding up? The only one I own is the Roses On White Lace ep. Listened to it yesterday for the 1st time in awhile. Not bad, but I'm debating on picking up their other 2 cds.

Any opinions?

PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard!   Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Icarus Witch To Cover Def Leppard!
Page 1 of 1