Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Remastering

Go down 
+19
Orion Crystal Ice
Andy
stormspell
exact33
Lurideath
mikeinfla
Fat Freddy
rawr!
EmoElmo
Vexer6
Infinite
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
stepcousin
metalhead777
tohostudios
Troublezone
Required Fields
ultmetal
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Remastering - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remastering   Remastering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 2:42 pm

There are Savatage remasters? Where? That's news to me (bad news for my bank account)..

Yeah, the Black Sabbath ones.. I think the Rhino ones are way, way good...... I compared my Black Box with the UK released Legacy Edition stuff that came out (supposedly not authorized by the band, either), and the Black Box ones are the way to go. The Legacy ones certainly sound better than the Castle junk but the quality is not worth the $20+ you'd pay per album.

The new Pink Floyd ones, as far as I can tell, are a money grab in the worst kind of way. I only tested one, 'Meddle', but there was very, very little difference compared to my older remaster. They are a little quiet but they just sound great. I even prefer that older release of 'Dark Side..'. If someone who has these has a better report then I'd be interested in hearing it...but I was not about to spring for another one after 'Meddle' hardly sounds different.. (there's more crowd on 'Fearless', slightly more cymbals on 'One of These Days'.... just for the record).
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Remastering   Remastering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 2:59 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
There are Savatage remasters? Where? That's news to me (bad news for my bank account)..

It was even here, but apart from one guy, there weren't many helpful responses to it:
http://www.heartofmetal.net/t16830-savatage-2010-11-remasters
I just wonder about Power of the Night as it just sounds really bad on Vinyl and that SPV release CD.

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

Yeah, the Black Sabbath ones.. I think the Rhino ones are way, way good......

I know that Rhino is usually quite good or something. I have Who do we think we are from Deep Purple as a Rhino Release (remastered) it is basically the euro remaster, except they use a purple tray for the CD. Rhino is just not as big here in Germany as it may be in North America.

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

The new Pink Floyd ones, as far as I can tell, are a money grab in the worst kind of way. I only tested one, 'Meddle', but there was very, very little difference compared to my older remaster..

And the 1994 remaster wasn't quite as good as the Vinyl (that was the album that made me a PF Fan, my parents played it to me when i was really young and One of these Days and Echoes became my favourites.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
luckymallet
Metal novice
Metal novice
luckymallet

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Remastering   Remastering - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 7:22 pm

xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remastering   Remastering - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remastering
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3