Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nekromantheon: Rise Vulcan Sceptre

Go down 
+2
rawr!
Gilbert
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Nekromantheon: Rise Vulcan Sceptre Empty
PostSubject: Nekromantheon: Rise Vulcan Sceptre   Nekromantheon: Rise Vulcan Sceptre Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 12:50 am

Check out Nekromantheon.

Sounds like sodom on steroids headbanger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdmeQ-ohq-w&feature=relmfu

Already ordered my copy headbanger
Back to top Go down
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: Nekromantheon: Rise Vulcan Sceptre   Nekromantheon: Rise Vulcan Sceptre Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 2:56 am

these guys have been one of my favorite recent thrash bands for a good while now and their new cd is one of the best releases of the year, in my opinion (but i can comfortably recommend anything theyve put out).
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Nekromantheon: Rise Vulcan Sceptre   Nekromantheon: Rise Vulcan Sceptre Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 10:23 pm

I just picked this up recently. I'm diggin' it. The label on the cd said: "For Fans of old Sepultura, Slayer, Sadus and Sacrifice!" That had me sold.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Nekromantheon: Rise Vulcan Sceptre   Nekromantheon: Rise Vulcan Sceptre Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:07 am

I got this recently. Pretty killer thrash with a dirty old-school feel. Very enjoyable first listen.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Nekromantheon: Rise Vulcan Sceptre   Nekromantheon: Rise Vulcan Sceptre Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:33 am

Joe wrote:
The label on the cd said: "For Fans of old Sepultura, Slayer, Sadus and Sacrifice!" That had me sold.
i'd even add Sarcofago.

these guys are great, i'd recommend it.

AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: Nekromantheon: Rise Vulcan Sceptre   Nekromantheon: Rise Vulcan Sceptre Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:27 pm

I was thinking about it and I think "raw" is a much better word than "dirty" to describe this.

This is raw, old school, kick ass, speedy thrash fury with plenty of echo/reverb/whatever on the vocals.

WARNING: This product contains a very high percentage of metal.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Nekromantheon: Rise Vulcan Sceptre   Nekromantheon: Rise Vulcan Sceptre Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:59 pm

Never even heard of this band until this thread. Killer old school thrash!! Nekromantheon: Rise Vulcan Sceptre 11840
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: Nekromantheon: Rise Vulcan Sceptre   Nekromantheon: Rise Vulcan Sceptre Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 5:43 pm

Though really not all that similar, Necromantheon makes me think of another band I recently discovered, and that is Assaulter. They have the same old school, raw feel, but they are more death metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn8yGfjXyrI
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Nekromantheon: Rise Vulcan Sceptre   Nekromantheon: Rise Vulcan Sceptre Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 7:03 pm

AchrisK wrote:
Though really not all that similar, Necromantheon makes me think of another band I recently discovered, and that is Assaulter. They have the same old school, raw feel, but they are more death metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn8yGfjXyrI

I'm a huge fan of these guys. I like their debut a little better as it has more of a raw/blackened vibe to it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nekromantheon: Rise Vulcan Sceptre   Nekromantheon: Rise Vulcan Sceptre Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nekromantheon: Rise Vulcan Sceptre
Page 1 of 1