Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

S.O.D. Rise of the Infidels

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

S.O.D.  Rise of the Infidels Empty
PostSubject: S.O.D. Rise of the Infidels   S.O.D.  Rise of the Infidels Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 12:57 am

Their latest and allegedly final release, features 4 new songs (2 covers) and a live show. They open with the Ballad of Nirvana, great stuff.

My only complaint is the lack of Bigger Than The Devil materal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: S.O.D. Rise of the Infidels   S.O.D.  Rise of the Infidels Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 1:05 am

Billy Milano thanks you for the money. Those songs aren't new. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: S.O.D. Rise of the Infidels   S.O.D.  Rise of the Infidels Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 1:12 am

I used to like these guys years ago but now i just wish they would go away. Too much drama and ballad of... crap filler.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: S.O.D. Rise of the Infidels   S.O.D.  Rise of the Infidels Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 1:21 am

wish they would just make a new album.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: S.O.D. Rise of the Infidels   S.O.D.  Rise of the Infidels Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 1:58 am

Eyesore wrote:
Billy Milano thanks you for the money. Those songs aren't new. Haha.

Whatever, I don't have them on any of their other releases.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: S.O.D. Rise of the Infidels   S.O.D.  Rise of the Infidels Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 2:53 am

another label cash in. i'll pass.

Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: S.O.D. Rise of the Infidels   S.O.D.  Rise of the Infidels Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 5:19 am

mc666 wrote:
another label cash in. i'll pass.

How is that a label cash grab? its an EP with 4 new studio songs and a live album attached. Its even priced like an EP.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: S.O.D. Rise of the Infidels   S.O.D.  Rise of the Infidels Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 6:03 am

the only "new" material was the 2 songs already released on the New York's Hardest compilation years ago, just altered a bit. the other two are cover tracks. the live album is of bootleg quality at best. it's a cash grab. if you are happy with it, then enjoy but i say again...i'll pass.

Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: S.O.D. Rise of the Infidels   S.O.D.  Rise of the Infidels Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 6:04 am

troublezone wrote:
I used to like these guys years ago but now i just wish they would go away. Too much drama and ballad of... crap filler.

They have gone away, i think this is just a Billy Milano release. Worth it for the four studio songs... the live material... well the ballads are fun and theres alot of stage shenannigans in between, but it really is just a rehash of the alrwady available live material. I got mine for 7 bucks new.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: S.O.D. Rise of the Infidels   S.O.D.  Rise of the Infidels Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 6:05 am

mc666 wrote:
the only "new" material was the 2 songs already released on the New York's Hardest compilation years ago, just altered a bit. the other two are cover tracks. the live album is of bootleg quality at best. it's a cash grab. if you are happy with it, then enjoy but i say again...i'll pass.

But thats like 105 bucks on Amazon, are you kidding me?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: S.O.D. Rise of the Infidels   S.O.D.  Rise of the Infidels Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 6:10 am

maybe it is now, but not if you already own it. so to me, this new release is a cash grab.

Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: S.O.D. Rise of the Infidels   S.O.D.  Rise of the Infidels Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 6:20 am

mc666 wrote:
maybe it is now, but not if you already own it. so to me, this new release is a cash grab.

Point well taken *take hit off bubble pipe*

how much were the songs altered?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: S.O.D. Rise of the Infidels   S.O.D.  Rise of the Infidels Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 6:44 am

just the lyrics to Stand Up & Fight, which was originally called Pathmark Song.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: S.O.D. Rise of the Infidels   S.O.D.  Rise of the Infidels Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 8:28 am

I'm supposed to be getting a copy of this to review for Detritus, so I will reserve judgment till I hear it. Just going by the description, tho, it does seem a little like Milano (or MegaForce Records) is trying to squeeze the last little bit of juice out of the S.O.D. name...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: S.O.D. Rise of the Infidels   S.O.D.  Rise of the Infidels Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 8:24 am

Got my promo of this S.O.D. disc in the mail yesterday. Have only given it a quick spin but it sounds pretty good so far. The live stuff sounds a little thin (some songs sound better than others, the quality wavers a bit from track to track) but Milano's stage patter, as always, is hilarious.

The live stuff was recorded in Seattle so it's priceless to hear them open the set with "The Ballad of Nirvana" (Band: first few bars of "Smells Like Teen Spirit," Milano: "YOU'RE DEAD!") hahahaha!!!

I also received a copy of the forthcoming new M.O.D. album, RED WHITE AND SCREWED, which was a surprise, as I didn't even know Milano had anything new in the works... haven't spun it yet but I hope it's better than his last piece of godawful M.O.D. crap, THE REBEL YOU LOVE TO HATE...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S.O.D. Rise of the Infidels   S.O.D.  Rise of the Infidels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

S.O.D. Rise of the Infidels
Page 1 of 1