Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...

Go down 
+29
Eyesore
ZombieHavoc
kmorg
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
brokentulsa
Wurthless
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
jstate
BearOnUnicycle
nevermore
Grimmo
GrandNational
Lari
exact33
metalhead777
Spiner202
DallasBlack
Troublezone
stormspell
Orion Crystal Ice
tul
jettafiend
adrian
Required Fields
Vexer6
ultmetal
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 2:40 am

S.D. wrote:
I'm not sure what the average is, but the cost of a reissue can vary greatly. Most importantly is who owns the rights to the original recording and how much will you have to pay to license it for release. If it was recorded digitally then it can reduce the cost, but if it was originally recorded analog getting those masters pulled from storage and then transferred can get pricey.

In some cases maybe... but I doubt $10,000.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 2:42 am

Quote :
Have albums number 2 and 3 by Death been given a proper re-issue?

I have a Century Media reissue of Spiritual Healing. It sounds great! (the packaging is awkward)

Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 6:07 am

GrandNational wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Lari wrote:
Sadly none of these seem financially feasible. Throwing in $10,000 to remaster an album that will not generate more than $1,000 revenue is not going to happen.

Anyone with a computer and the right software can do it for next to nothing. I doubt the independent labels that have reissued albums spend anywhere near that amount.

That's what I was thinking too TZ. I don't know the money involved in re-issues, but it can't be $10,000, can it?

Have albums number 2 and 3 by Death been given a proper re-issue?

Apparently, Death's Legacy was issued in 2008 with extra tracks by Century Media.

Spiritual Healing is to be reissued by Relapse Records in the next few months.

I'm happy with my original versions, but I may check these out.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:45 am

Relapse is going to re-issue the Death catalog. They are also going to put out Chuck's pre-Death band Mantas.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:10 am

This one?
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:35 am

The entire IRS Metal catalogue. I've spent a small fortune getting everything I can. But the stuff the label put out needs to be heard beyond those willing to pay the collectors' prices. I've yet to hear an album they released that I thought was poor. They were clearly on to something with who they signed and the records they put out - unfortunately it wasn't big sales. Should've been though based on the quality.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 11:32 pm

crapvegascds put this out a couple of years ago. Obviously taken right from the vinyl. This album is a NJ classic that deserves high esteem.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 10:56 am

S.D. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Trouble - (the Rick Rubin era)
Suicidal Tendencies - (Rocky George era)
Overkill - (Bobby Gustafson era)

Agree with all those. In fact, every early Atlantic issued CD should be remastered and re-released, Atlantic had some of the worst sounding discs from a major label in the early CD-era.

I totally agree! I would also add Testament to that list, along with RATT. I would love to hear "The Legacy", "The New Order" and "Practice What You Preach" remastered, along with "Out of the Cellar" (and the E.P being included in that package).
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 11:23 am

Griffin - Flight of the Griffin (along with loads of other Shrapnel releases that haven't gotten the cd treatment yet)

Saigon - One Must Die

Metal Church - their first two albums need to be remastered as they are some of the quietest cds I own.

Heavy Load - All of their albums

Glory Bell's Band - All of their albums

3rd Stage Alert - 3rd Stage Alert

Demon Flight - Demon Flight

Armored Saint - Armored Saint EP (yes the tracks have been released elsewhere but I want a cd issue of this ep)

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 11:47 am

Witchfinder wrote:

Metal Church - their first two albums need to be remastered as they are some of the quietest cds I own.

Careful what you wish for. Louder is not always better...and these days "louder" has become over-compressed messes with no dynamic range whatsoever. That's why I can't stand stuff like the Judas Priest remasters or the Iron Maiden remasters, albums that used to have tons of dynamic range and now all of a sudden they are flat and lifeless.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 11:49 am

S.D. wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Careful what you wish for. Louder is not always better...and these days "louder" has become over-compressed messes with no dynamic range whatsoever. That's why I can't stand stuff like the Judas Priest remasters or the Iron Maiden remasters, albums that used to have tons of dynamic range and now all of a sudden they are flat and lifeless.

I agree but those Metal Church cds are crappy. They have very little punch, heft or bottom end. I certainly don't want some over-compressed, loundness wars "remaster." No thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 10:09 pm

Black Sabbath - Headless Cross
Black Sabbath - Tyr
Chastain - The 7th of Never
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 10:50 pm

Good call on the Sabbath stuff RF. I'd really like to own those two on CD.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 10:51 pm

Wurthless wrote:
Good call on the Sabbath stuff RF. I'd really like to own those two on CD.

I actually own Headless Cross on tape. Hopefully it will be reissued someday real soon on CD.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 12:14 am

DEMON..the unexpected guest
Pat Travers..Black Pearl
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 12:04 pm

Yes those 2 Death albums definitely need a reissue!

Desperado - S/T
Widowmaker - Blood and Bullets
ALL of the Edge of Sanity albums
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 7:43 pm

Good call on GRIFFIN and HEAVY LOAD.

How about CLOVEN HOOF?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 11:45 pm

brokentulsa wrote:

Pat Travers..Black Pearl

Has been re-released. I recently picked it up.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 8:12 am

Dryssil - Welcome To The Show have never been released on CD, and the vinyl version is impossible to find also.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 9:20 am

School Of Violence - We The People
Necropolis - Contemplating Slaughter
Thrust - Fist Held High
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 12:28 pm

Heretic - Torture Knows No Boundary
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:08 am

nevermore wrote:

Yes! Agreed!

Flotsam & Jetsam - No Place for Disgrace The mastering on the original CD sucks!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:32 am

nevermore wrote:

Has Breaking Point been reissued yet?
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:09 am

Required Fields wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Has Breaking Point been reissued yet?
Yeah, my copy is a reissue.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 3:03 pm

When was Breaking Point reissued, anyways? Just wondering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next