Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cheap Trick

Go down 
+21
mr.electric39
Nomadic Drifter
mikeinfla
mlotek
bass63
jettafiend
BigGlen
theAcorn
speed101
jstate
ZombieHavoc
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
manny
James B.
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
Dark Horseman
tohostudios
brokentulsa
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Cheap Trick - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 2:45 pm

Never listened to the whole album, the singles aren't inspiring at all.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 10:21 am

A bit of a side track, but this is what makes me love Cheap Trick. One of my favorite songs. From one of my favorite soundtracks. From one of my favorite movies. This video is also 80's glorious. They also had the title track from the Spring Break soundtrack. That wasn't nearly as great as this.... either the song or movie.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 10:52 am

jstate wrote:
A bit of a side track, but this is what makes me love Cheap Trick. One of my favorite songs. From one of my favorite soundtracks. From one of my favorite movies. This video is also 80's glorious. They also had the title track from the Spring Break soundtrack. That wasn't nearly as great as this.... either the song or movie.

"Up The Creek" was one of my fave '80s comedies, I haven't seen it in years! I had SUCH a crush on that blonde (Jennifer Runyon)!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:05 am

Wow, does that bring back some memories!! Before I even clicked on the video, my brain searched through the file cabinets and found the chorus to that tune. I haven't heard that song or thought about that movie in 20 years, yet I remembered that song almost immediatley.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:31 am

Yeah man ! That was a cool movie and a great song that I haven't thought about in a long time. I had no idea that was Cheap Trick. Cool !
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 10:04 am

It is insane that the soundtrack and the movie itself have never gotten on cd or a proper dvd. You can get it from the studio on a dvd-r. The greatness of that flick demands a deluxe edition. I always considered it the all-star of 80's comedies. Guys from Porky's and Animal House. Plus you could never go wrong with Jennifer Runyon. Cheap Trick singing the title track was just the icing on the cake.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 12:23 pm

Cheap Trick - Page 3 220px-Cheap_Trick_Lap_of_Luxury_Let_Go_1988

LAP OF LUXURY is cheap tricks tenth studio album. It contains the mega-hit 'The Flame" and the minor hits "Don't Be Cruel" and "Let Go". The Flame was a #1 smash hit and the album went platinum.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 12:35 pm

Great power pop songs. Wonder what you think of the rest of the album?
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 12:50 pm

Quote :
Wonder what you think of the rest of the album?

I really think this is one of cheap tricks better albums...definitely their best 80s album. I liked every song and the sound was very fresh for the era. Being a huge 80s fan it is one i wore out.
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 11:31 pm

I hate that Don't Be cruel Cover.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 6:19 am

I never cared for this album too much, its got good songs written in a pop style and obviously aimed at radio play. Its an ok album but once it stops spinning I have hard time remembering what I had just listened to it.

I am going to give it a fresh spin today and see if I feel its any better then I originally thought.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 8:48 am

"The Flame" was written very, very well for that type of song. The guitar melody and the vocals blend nicely and has a great hook. I remember hearing the Elvis cover tune but not much of anything else from the album. We used to joke about the Cheap Trick album covers.....clownin' with a "before.....and....after" punchline

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 3:57 pm

Cheap Trick - Page 3 220px-Cheap_Trick_Busted_album_1990_Back_%27n_Blue

Busted was released in 1990 and peaked at #44 on the US album charts. After the success of "The Flame" from the previous album Lap of Luxury, the band recorded Busted with a similar format, especially on the single "Can't Stop Fallin' Into Love." The single peaked at #12 on the US charts. The album failed to be as successful as the label had hoped, and about a year after the release of Busted Epic Records dropped Cheap Trick from their label. There were three videos shot for this LP; "Can't Stop Fallin' Into Love," "If You Need Me," and "Wherever Would I Be."

After being out of print for several years, the album was reissued in 2010 and combined onto one disc with the Found All The Parts EP from 1980, which made little sense since Found All The Parts was already available as bonus tracks on the 2006 reissue of the 1980 album All Shook Up. "Everything Works If You Let It", a track recorded for the soundtrack to the 1980 film Roadie, and the 1990 B-side "Big Bang" were also included on the disc.

Track listing

"Back 'n Blue" (Taylor Rhodes, Robert A. Johnson, Rick Nielsen, Robin Zander) - 4:42
"I Can't Understand It" (Nielsen, Zander) - 3:29
"Wherever Would I Be" (Diane Warren) - 4:06
"If You Need Me" (Nielsen, Mick Jones, Zander) - 4:45
"Can't Stop Fallin' Into Love" (Nielsen, Zander, Tom Petersson) - 3:49
"Busted" (Nielsen, Zander) - 4:04
"Walk Away" (Petersson, Zander, Nielsen) - 3:41
"You Drive, I'll Steer" (Nielsen, Zander) - 4:33
"When You Need Someone" (Nick Graham, Rick Kelly, Nielsen) - 5:18
"Had to Make You Mine" (Petersson, Zander, Nielsen) - 3:16
"Rock 'n' Roll Tonight" (Roy Wood) - 4:56
originally recorded by Wizzard in 1974 as "We're Gonna Rock 'n' Roll Tonight"
"Big Bang" (Nielsen, Zander) [Japanese bonus track]

2010 reissue (combined with the Found All The Parts EP)

"Day Tripper" (live) (John Lennon, Paul McCartney)
"Can't Hold On" (live) (Nielsen)
"Such a Good Girl" (Nielsen)
"Take Me I'm Yours" (Nielsen)
"Back 'n Blue" (Rhodes, Johnson, Nielsen, Zander) - 4:42
"I Can't Understand It" (Nielsen, Zander) - 3:29
"Wherever Would I Be" (Warren) - 4:06
"If You Need Me" (Nielsen, Jones, Zander) - 4:45
"Can't Stop Fallin' into Love" (Nielsen, Zander, Petersson) - 3:49
"Busted" (Nielsen, Zander) - 4:04
"Walk Away" (Petersson, Zander, Nielsen) - 3:41
"You Drive, I'll Steer" (Nielsen, Zander) - 4:33
"When You Need Someone" (Graham, Kelly, Nielsen) - 5:18
"Had to Make You Mine" (Petersson, Zander, Nielsen) - 3:16
"Rock 'n' Roll Tonight" (Wood) - 4:56
"Everything Works If You Let It" (Nielsen)
"Big Bang" (Nielsen, Zander)
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 4:01 pm

I think while this has a typical cheap trick sound it is extremely dated to the 80s. Good album though.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 5:16 pm

I only know one tune from this disc, 'Can't Stop Falling In Love' which is bit of catchy harmless pop fluff
Back to top Go down
theAcorn
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 9:22 am

I was listening to All Shook Up this morning.

Cheap Trick is a tough band for some people to get for whatever reason. I don't know if it's the image or music or what... I love almost everything they've ever done, but I know people that really can't get into them.

I think they are brilliant song writers and one of the best rock bands ever in terms of musicianship... It's almost criminal that they weren't even bigger than they were.

Back to top Go down
http://moonfire.net/fireboard2
BigGlen
Metal novice
Metal novice
BigGlen

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 12:14 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Great power pop songs. Wonder what you think of the rest of the album?

Exactly what I was thinking
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:43 pm

Cheap Trick - Page 3 220px-CheapTrickWokeUpWithAMonster

Woke up with monster is Cheap Tricks 12th studio release. It was released on Warner Brothers records in 1994. It was their first and only release on Warner Brothers. The label dropped them shortly after the release. The album peaked at #123 on the US charts. It brought some change to the band. It had a more grunge sound and Zander had a deeper voice. The album contained no electronic instruments. Rick Nielson also lost some of his boy look sporting a new goatee and a little different clothing look.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:02 pm

This is a killer album, too bad the album was such a commerical flop.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:02 pm

This is a killer album, too bad the album was such a commerical flop.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:45 pm

I never gave this a chance, CT wasn't on the radio and I hate the cover. Really hate it as I hate clowns with a passion. Might try to revisit it now to see what I missed.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 10:29 pm

Just listened to it tonight, inspired by this thread and enjoyed it, expect for one song, "Ride the Pony" which is a steaming pile of crap
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 11:06 pm

Quote :
The album contained no electronic instruments

Please explain this to me when I hear guitar amplification in both the songs posted, thanks.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 2:54 pm

I think I bought Woke Up With A Monster as a new release, kept it for awhile, then ditched it. I recently re-bought it for a buck or 2 and enjoyed it. Can't recall why I ditched it in the first place.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:31 pm

Quote :
Please explain this to me when I hear guitar amplification in both the songs posted, thanks.

No Keyboards or synthesisers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheap Trick
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next