Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cheap Trick

Go down 
+21
mr.electric39
Nomadic Drifter
mikeinfla
mlotek
bass63
jettafiend
BigGlen
theAcorn
speed101
jstate
ZombieHavoc
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
manny
James B.
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
Dark Horseman
tohostudios
brokentulsa
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Cheap Trick - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 2:14 pm

Cheap Trick - Page 5 220px-Rockford_final

Been awhile so here is the next album...ROCKFORD..
In June 2006, Cheap Trick released Rockford on through Big3 Records. The first single from the album was "Perfect Stranger" (produced by Linda Perry and co-written by Cheap Trick and Perry). The following singles "Come On, Come On, Come On" and "If It Takes a Lifetime" were released shortly after. The band promoted the album through appearances on the Sirius and XM satellite radio networks and a North American tour. There was one animated video shot for the song "Welcome to the World." The album was not a major commercial success, like the band's last several studio albums, however it did peak at #101 on The Billboard 200 Chart. It also reached #84 on the Japan Album Chart. The album cover was used for Rockford's vehicle registration stickers in 2007. This was honored by officials of Rockford Ill. to the band...

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 2:22 pm

I love this album. Everything you want from the band. Back to basics, no-frills, classic Cheap Trick.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 2:12 pm

Cheap Trick - Page 5 220px-The_Latest

The latest album from Cheap trick is called "The Latest"....it was released in 2009. The album was produced by Cheap Trick, Julian Raymond and Howard Willing and was released on June 23, 2009. The album was issued on standard CD as well as limited pressings of vinyl and 8-Track tapes. The album was released to retailers on July 21, 2009. "The Latest" debuted at number 78 on Billboard's Top 200 Charts.
A video for the cover of Slade's "When The Lights Are Out" has been released. The song was released exclusively through iTunes Australia in November, 2008.

Cheap Trick - Page 5 88d7d_504x_Cheaptrick_8-track
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 2:14 pm

I think this is a really great album worth the price...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 2:52 pm

I loved that they actually released this album on 8-track tape! Laughing very hard

When this album was current, I remember reading somewhere that Cheap Trick had a hell of a time finding a reproduction facility that still had the ability to manufacture 8 tracks. Apparently there was only one such pressing plant left in the entire U.S. and at first, they weren't even sure if their equipment for making 8-tracks was still in working order, because it had been in storage for quite a few years. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 3:06 pm

I wonder how many 8 tracks they actually sold?
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 4:03 pm

I saw them during the " Dream Police " tour - way back when !
This was before my love for metal (KISS/Nugent) kicked in -
Boston Garden - bootleg tee shirt - the whole bit Wink
Rick Nielson is quite the charactor - America's Angus, in some ways...
and his very different ( at the time ) odd guitars - fashion !
Bun. E Carlos was strange to see as a drummer - they were a fun show.
Hate to see em lookin' older, I must say.....
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 9:57 pm

Anyone get the new (old) live radio broadcast from 1978 that just got released? I got the Heart, Rush, and Aerosmith ones and was wondering about the quality on this one.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 1:03 pm

I assume the new album might be discussed when it comes out (maybe not, this area of the forum is dead)....but did anyone grab the Mp3-only Epic Archive sets? I'm planning to buy at least the second volume, specifically because it has "Spring Break" and "Get Ready". Love those tunes.

Volume 1 has a lot of stuff that I think is easily available elsewhere, like maybe all the bonus tracks from the reissues of the proper CDs basically. Volume 3, aside from "Mighty Wings", which is easily available anyway, is pretty much an era of CT I have no interest in. But those Spring Break songs...man, so good.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 10:05 am

https://www.google.com/search?q=bon+scott+cheap+trick+pool+table&biw=1920&bih=979&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi859_8jMPMAhWMHh4KHfNjD5wQ_AUICCgD#imgrc=6KhApFtw_nkMBM%3A
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 1:30 pm

Cheap Trick - Page 5 61FSKsqad%2BL._SS500

1. "Heart on the Line"  
2. "No Direction Home"  
3. "When I Wake Up Tomorrow"  
4. "Do You Believe Me?"  
5. "Blood Red Lips"  
6. "Sing My Blues Away"  
7. "Roll Me"  
8. "The In Crowd"
9. "Long Time No See Ya"  
10. "The Sun Never Sets"  
11. "All Strung Out"  

Bang, Zoom, Crazy... Hello is the seventeenth studio album by Cheap Trick. The album was released on April 1, 2016. The album is the first in the band's history to not feature Bun E. Carlos on drums. Touring drummer Daxx Nielsen fills in on drums for the album. (In 2013, Carlos filed a lawsuit against his former Cheap Trick bandmates, claiming that even though they claim that he is still a band member, he is not being allowed to participate in band-related activities, including recording a new album. The remaining three members of Cheap Trick filed a countersuit, seeking an official affirmation of their removal of Carlos. Their lawsuit was thrown out by a Delaware judge in late 2013. On February 26, 2015, Robin Zander announced that the lawsuit was over. “We’ve settled our differences,” Zander continued. “Bun E.’s a member of the band, but he’s not touring and he’s not recording. … We’ve had our differences, but we’re all settled up now and hopefully we can forget about that era. These decisions that Cheap Trick makes, Bun E. is part of.”  On June 24, 2016, Carlos issued his first-ever solo album, Greetings From Bunezuela!)
This album is a typical cheap trick album with some great rock and some great pop...

Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 9:52 am

I personally think it's a great album. Actually, the last few: Rockford, The Latest and now Bang, Zoom, Crazy... Hello are all pretty great, in my opinion, but this latest one is awesome. It will make my 2016 Top 5 list without question. No filler to my ears, just good CT rocking and power popping!

I saw them on the Cheap Trick, Joan Jett and Heart tour last month. Cheap Trick opened (should have been second billing at the least) and they rocked! It took a couple of songs for Zander's voice to warm up, but once it did, he was great and the band were tight. Great show!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 4:43 pm

Red Kitty wrote:
I personally think it's a great album.  Actually, the last few: Rockford, The Latest and now Bang, Zoom, Crazy... Hello are all pretty great, in my opinion, but this latest one is awesome.  It will make my 2016 Top 5 list without question.  No filler to my ears, just good CT rocking and power popping!  

I heartily agree. I think they've been putting out real quality records since their s/t album in '97(?), but their latest, Bang, Zoom... really upped their game. No real ballads to drag down the momentum. Just rock. It will certainly be in my Top 10 for 2016 for sure.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 2:45 pm

So i'm late but I have to say this album is phenomenal. They haven't settled at all and it shows in the quality of the music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick   Cheap Trick - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheap Trick
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5