Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia

Go down 
+11
SideShowDisaSter
Dark Horseman
Troublezone
shamgar75
kethdredd
exact33
GrandNational
stevegarveyfan
Thrasher73
Grimmo
Sutekh
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Empty
PostSubject: Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia    Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 9:43 pm

The long-awaited album is out now:

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=173298

Doxology and Tears to Dust were great albums (let's not mention the third! Wink ), and this one sounds great to me.
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia    Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 5:25 am

I remember hearing the third, ... and thinking it wasn't even metal. Shocked Still have Doxology and Tears to Dust.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia    Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:27 am

Sounds good to me,Doxology was a masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia    Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:44 pm

What was the third album? I don't have it, but I'd like to at least know what it's called.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia    Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:36 am

Doxology and Tears to Dust are great albums. Never have heard the 3rd one, but this one sounds really good.
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia    Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:46 am

The third disc was an ep titled Not The Criminals. I heard it in a bookstore, years ago. From memory, It sounded like mainstream rock - a huge departure from the first 2 releases.

Here's the artwork for that ep:

Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Not%20the%20Criminal
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia    Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:09 pm

I have to say I dig what i have heard from the new album so far.

kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia    Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 8:40 am

This sounds pretty good, I think I'm going to pick this one up.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia    Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:16 pm

I like the "Anhedonia" track. Might have to purchase down the road.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia    Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:30 pm

shamgar75 wrote:
I like the "Anhedonia" track. Might have to purchase down the road.

yeah. i am sold on this one.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia    Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 1:43 am

Jeff Waters helped them in the studio a while back. I heard he was supposed to co-produce the album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPAgP49ym0A&feature=relmfu
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia    Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 10:30 pm

Bump for me to say this is a stellar album. It's labeled progressive thrash but i say it's just good, crushing music. I never heart their earlier albums so I was wondering how this compares to the first two.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia    Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 9:13 am

This stuff sounds as good as the Doxology material.Cant wait to get my copy!

Dark Horseman-Doxology had more thrash elements than Tears to Dust,which was more progressive and melodic.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia    Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 12:42 pm

I'll have to hunt it down but so far it's spendy.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia    Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 8:46 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
This stuff sounds as good as the Doxology material.Cant wait to get my copy!

Dark Horseman-Doxology had more thrash elements than Tears to Dust,which was more progressive and melodic.

That's a good simple description. The first two albums are great, but in different ways. I've had this on order for a few weeks now -just waiting for delivery!
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia    Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 8:22 am

Gotta bump this again. Finally got the album from another seller, and it's a really consistent album. It's progressive, but not in an overtly Dream Theater-ish way -more subtle nuances in the songs rather than flashy stuff. The songs are heavy and melodic, mixing some modern sounds into some classic 80s thrash tones. There's an obvious Megadeth influence in the lead work and Annihilator in the riffing -you can see why Jeff Waters was involved. Anyway, this is an excellent comeback for the band, and a frequent player for me.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia    Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 8:40 am

Pleasantly surprised by the title track. Might have to check into it a bit more. I really like Doxology, but Tears to Dust did little for me.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia    Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 10:19 am

I am having a really hard time getting in to Anhedonia. For some reason it is just not clicking with me at all. I can say that it is not a bad album and the musicianship is quite good, it is just not resonating with me. Every listen I get about halfway through the album and then I switch to something else. I have tried listening to the tracks in order and on shuffle but... nothing so far.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia    Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 10:22 am

GrandNational wrote:
Doxology and Tears to Dust are great albums. Never have heard the 3rd one, but this one sounds really good.

I never did either, but when I read an interview that said they were going for a Goo Goo Dolls sound, that was reason enough for me to not check it out. Haha!

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia    Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 12:00 pm

Very odd, there's nothing goo about it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia    Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 10:30 pm

I like Anhedonia. It has some pretty good moments on it.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia    Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 2:36 pm

I like the new album, but I can't remember much from it when the CD stops.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia    Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 2:18 pm

I love Anhedonia! Eagerly awaiting the new album.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia    Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 5:34 pm

In anticipation of the NEW album.....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia    Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Teramaze New Album -Anhedonia
Page 1 of 1