Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever?

Go down 
+4
Thrasher73
James B.
stevegarveyfan
steelers
8 posters
AuthorMessage
steelers
Metal student
Metal student
steelers

Number of posts : 105

Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever? Empty
PostSubject: Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever?   Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 11:25 pm

I started this because of the thread about how underrated Sacrament Haunts is. Seriosuly, is there a better Christian metal album than Teramaze "Doxology"? I can't believe that they produced that kind of album on their first attempt, only to crash and burn from there (see Living Sacrifice). It is hard to imagine that Dean Wells can write that kind of heavy/melodic thrash laiden music and yet he has not returned to it (see Jimmy Brown).

I think the thing that really makes it stand out and possibly make it the best Christian metal release ever are the vocals of Brett Rerekura. If it is not the best Christian metal release ever I think that at the very least the vocals are the best that the Christian scene has had. The guy sounds awesome and that is something missing from about 99.99% of Christian metal releases. He sounds so much like Sabastian Bach with a little bit of Dave Mustaine thrown in to keep it interesting. The melody, screaming and growls, combined, are killer. It is hard to believe that the dude was only 17 years old when they recorded this. In addition, his lyric writing was outstanding.

I know Dean had mentioned a while back that he was the best vocalist that he had ever worked with. They need to get that dude back singing, screaming and growling if they ever want to recapture the magic. I only wish the album was remastered because the sound quality was the only thing lacking in an oeverall stellar release that flies way below the radar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever?   Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 11:47 pm

Quote :
s there a better Christian metal album than Teramaze "Doxology"?

Yes. Recon's Behind Enemy Lines and Deliverance's Weapons Of Our Warfare. Sure, your question was hypothetical, but I answered it anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever?   Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 12:33 am

I pretty much brought up this same question a few months ago [I am not anal enough to go look up the thread]. I pretty much agree. It is top 3 Christian thrash in my book, for sure!! It might even make my top 25 all-time thrash list.
Back to top Go down
steelers
Metal student
Metal student
steelers

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever?   Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 12:48 am

I will give you Deliverance but I would say it is better than recon.
Back to top Go down
steelers
Metal student
Metal student
steelers

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever?   Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 12:49 am

Better vocals at least.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever?   Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 2:17 am

I think there are quite a few better releases, but you must remember that my opinions are just that, and words such as "better" allow for a high level of subjectivity. I think there are lots of better releases, but Doxology is quite good.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever?   Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 10:55 am

I have always found that if you know somebody in a particular band, that makes the "better" application easier to toss out there, so to speak. Not saying that is the case here, don't know if it is nor really care. Just making another point as to why folks often think something is "better"

laterz

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever?   Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 11:27 am

Its a Great Album,surely the best Teramaze has put out.I wouldnt say best ever because that is highly objective to the listener.But I understand what your trying to say. Smile
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever?   Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 10:35 pm

steelers wrote:
I can't believe that they produced that kind of album on their first attempt, only to crash and burn from there (see Living Sacrifice).
They didn't crash and burn they came out with another great album, Tears To Dust. Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever? 604261
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever?   Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 7:47 am

Doxology rocked. Tears to Dust was enjoyable too. It was the next release that I lost complete interest in. If I recall correctly, they adopted a more mainstream rock sound on that one.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever?   Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 8:40 pm

7thSecond wrote:
steelers wrote:
I can't believe that they produced that kind of album on their first attempt, only to crash and burn from there (see Living Sacrifice).
They didn't crash and burn they came out with another great album, Tears To Dust. Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever? 604261

yes, I agree with 7th. Also, I dont know if I would call Teramaze "thrash".
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever?   Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:24 pm

I don't have "Doxology" but have heard some tracks from it. Perhaps it's the thin production, but I guess I didn't quite understand what all the hype was about. I LOVE "Tears to Dust", however, and think it's one of the finest c-prog examples from the late 90's. FANTASTIC album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever?   Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Teramaze Doxology - Best Ever?
Page 1 of 1