Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sleeping Giant - Kingdom Days in an Evil Age

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Sleeping Giant - Kingdom Days in an Evil Age Empty
PostSubject: Sleeping Giant - Kingdom Days in an Evil Age   Sleeping Giant - Kingdom Days in an Evil Age Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:43 pm

There is only so much room on my metal pallet for hardcore now days. But Sleeping Giant is my favorite and one of my current favorite bands, period.

I've had this album for a good 6 months and am still really enjoying it. Their first album "Dread Champions of the Last Days" was fast, brutal hardcore. Their second, "Sons of Thunder" slowed down quite a bit, but I really enjoy that one and it's themes. But I was SO glad they picked the pace up and returned to that relentless style. There are some slower numbers still, but they are exceptions. They are still incorporating some clean, singing vocals, but to my satisfaction, it's kept to a minimum! Plenty of WOOOOORRGING and hardcore screaming to keep me happy. I've always liked the way he's mixed in some yelling declarations that transition into his screaming.

My favorites are "Jehova Shalom," "The Cross is Suicide" and "The Unnamable Name." There all good to me. headbanger
Love that sliding riff in Jehova Shalom.

The sound on these samples are pretty bad...but It's all I could find online.

Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Giant - Kingdom Days in an Evil Age   Sleeping Giant - Kingdom Days in an Evil Age Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 6:58 pm

The Music reminds me a good bit of The Acacia Strain. One of my favorite bands.
Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Giant - Kingdom Days in an Evil Age   Sleeping Giant - Kingdom Days in an Evil Age Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:22 pm

I remember a friend showing me this band not long after "Dread Champions" came out, and I really like that album. Sleeping Giant is pretty straightforward, and that's what I like about em. I saw them open for Demon Hunter once as well. Amazing stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Giant - Kingdom Days in an Evil Age   Sleeping Giant - Kingdom Days in an Evil Age Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:00 am

metalhead777 wrote:
The Music reminds me a good bit of The Acacia Strain. One of my favorite bands.
Wow, they're allot heavier than Sleeping Giant. Reminds of Impending Doom. More in the deathcore vein. Sounds killer. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping Giant - Kingdom Days in an Evil Age   Sleeping Giant - Kingdom Days in an Evil Age Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sleeping Giant - Kingdom Days in an Evil Age
Page 1 of 1