Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights Empty
PostSubject: Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights   Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 12:26 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Maiden-Days-Evil-Nights/dp/B000R348KI/ref=pd_bbs_2/105-9425573-2310017?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1190737190&sr=8-2

Of course Paul needed to record 5 Maiden tracks Laughing Hasen't rerecored any of those ever!

But seriously, those other songs sound really interesting. I'm sure Scott already bought himself 5 copies just cause he loves Shoot Shoot lol!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights   Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 12:30 pm

This is a great release. Didnt know about this Chairman. I have to buy it because it must be great to listen PAUL singing KILLER ON THE LOOSE by THIN LIZZY, AINĀ“T TALKING ABOUT LOVE (by VAN HALEN???? Increible, no???) or SHOOT SHOOT.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights   Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 12:45 pm

Oh Scott! Since you don't have hard copies of those two Battle Zone albums, this 2 disk set has all the Battlezone tracks http://www.amazon.com/Cessation-Hostilities-Battlezone/dp/B00005NJHQ/ref=sr_1_2/105-9425573-2310017?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1190738645&sr=8-2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights   Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 12:59 pm

I have an Iron maiden tribute that has Dianno on all the Dianno era tracks. lol It's decent just wanted to hear something diffirent with those songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights   Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 12:59 pm

Oops double post.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights   Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:06 pm

firestar wrote:
I have an Iron maiden tribute that has Dianno on all the Dianno era tracks. lol It's decent just wanted to hear something diffirent with those songs.

Yeah, he does Wrathchild on one of them I have.... i mean... i might as well listen to the real version!

He should of went outside the box and did a Bruce or Blaze track.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights   Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:07 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
firestar wrote:

Yeah, he does Wrathchild on one of them I have.... i mean... i might as well listen to the real version!

I don't think he'll ever do that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights   Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:08 pm

Agreed. It just sounds like Dianno with a sub-par Maiden cover band.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights   Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:09 pm

KissinMaiden wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
firestar wrote:

I don't think he'll ever do that.

Oh no! I dont think he would, but it'd be pretty damn cool afro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights   Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:17 pm

Paul should put out another Killers album."Murder One" and "Menace To Society" tear a-s !---- How many times has he paid tribute to himself now ??????????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights   Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:24 pm

That cover of "Killer on the Loose" is mildly interesting.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights   Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:45 pm

Oh, apparently Shoot Shoot is a UFO cover. I assumed it the Dio song. Sad
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights   Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:56 pm

firestar wrote:

I think all those tracks are what appear on this CD, the other cover songs are from other tribute disks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights   Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 9:41 pm

hmmm, a compilation of tribute songs?

Sometimes you gotta ride your little taste of sucess, its tough to make it out there and if covering one of your classics convinces a few new people to buy a disc then so be it. It just gets annoying to us who know all that stuff all to well but hey, I don't want any of my favorites to starve either.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights   Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 8:46 am

Paul has made a career out of re-recording his old Maiden stuff over and over and over again, hasn't he??

I had 2 Maiden tributes called THE NUMBER ONE BEAST (volumes 1 and 2) for a while and he sang four or five songs on each one, some of the other vocalists included Steve Grimmett and a few other NWOBHM era guys I can't remember off the top of my head. The general vibe was that Paul invited a bunch of his friends over, held an Iron Maiden Karaoke party and recorded/released the results. Pretty lame.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights   Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 9:07 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Paul has made a career out of re-recording his old Maiden stuff over and over and over again, hasn't he??

I had 2 Maiden tributes called THE NUMBER ONE BEAST (volumes 1 and 2) for a while and he sang four or five songs on each one, some of the other vocalists included Steve Grimmett and a few other NWOBHM era guys I can't remember off the top of my head. The general vibe was that Paul invited a bunch of his friends over, held an Iron Maiden Karaoke party and recorded/released the results. Pretty lame.

Yeah he needs to move on. Its fine he does them live of course, no one else can nail those songs like him, but hes rerecorded the hell out of them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights   Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 9:08 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Yeah he needs to move on. Its fine he does them live of course, no one else can nail those songs like him, but hes rerecorded the hell out of them.

If he's gonna keep riding Maiden's coat tails he could at least cover a Bruce or a Blaze song, mix it up a little, come on Paul!!!
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights   Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 9:12 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

If he's gonna keep riding Maiden's coat tails he could at least cover a Bruce or a Blaze song, mix it up a little, come on Paul!!!

Thats what I said. I know him and the band are still on good terms too. Hell, i read an interview where he said Bruce is one of the best singers he ever heard, and Iron Maiden ran a track through the PA off Paul's first solo album to warm up the crowd in 1985.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights   Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paul Di'Anno Iron Maiden Days & Evil Nights
Page 1 of 1