Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...

Go down 
+13
SpectreFate
Temple of Blood
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
krokus
Wargod
Dark Horseman
stormspell
speed101
James B.
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...    Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 2:11 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
James is probably one of the few who A- is available and B- can hit the notes of the original guys for these bands....

I'm not denying his talent. And you're a fan. That's cool. But also as a singer yourself, and taking the money/work aspect out of the equation, do you think it's possible to spread yourself too thin over projects?

How did I miss this question last yer?? scratch

Yes...I do think it's possible.

But you have to remember. These bands don't exist 24/7 like, for example, Nickelback where the record/tour all the time.

If James (for example) is doing Malice, then Helstar, Seven Witches, or whoever else is on some kind of break. He fills in his own time with the sporadic activity of several bands.

I'm sure they could not all exist at once. There are weeks, months, years of inactivity between album and show cycles for these bands because they don't really "tour" in the classic sense. So, if it takes James a week to do vocals for a Malice album, then does 5-10 shows with them over the course of a couple months, that cycle is over and it's on to the next thing until Malice is ready to do that again.

So, for example, it could be Maice in the Spring, Helstar in the Summer, Seven Witches in the Fall, take a break in the Winter, then start over. It only seems like they all exist at once...they really don't.

Have voice, will travel.

Thanks for the speedy response. Razz I just re-read this thread and I barely remember typing any of that discussion. I don't even know why I cared. Must've been sniffing the dry-erase markers again. Rivera, Owens, Mr. of Fire can all sing for a hundred bands if they want. I can choose to listen or not.

Carry on.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...    Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 3:33 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I totally agree Ult. James Rivera is a bit overexposed in this genre and every band he works with starts to sound the same to me. The Malice originals are untouchable, IMO.

Witchfinder wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Does anyone have the New Breed of Godz CD? What do you think? Frankly, I think I like the old versions better. Rivera is a great singer but just doesn't really work well on songs like "Chain Gang Woman" and "Sinister Double". I'm sure it's just that I've heard those old versions for 30 years, and now hearing them with a different singer under the Malice banner just doesn't jive.

The new songs sound good. Even still, I would have preferred a different singer. I love James Rivera. He has a very cool and distinctive voice. He IS the voice of metal legends Helstar! However, because his voice is so distinctive, he makes Malice sound more like Helstar or Seven Witches.

I got it when it first came out and I was underwhelmed. The new tracks are decent but the re-recordings are nothing special. I have never been much of a fan of Rivera's work and this is no different.

I think the new tracks are the best part of the CD. The old tracks just should have been left alone. It would have been like Priest recording their old songs with Ripper. No matter how great he is, the originals cannot be replaced. (Of course, Ripper did do an outstanding job on the live albums.)

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...    Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 5:27 pm

No way - the original was super way better -
Listened to it today - Tarot Dealer - a few times -
but just another computerized new breed recording - lol -
every line he sings - has a echo ???
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...    Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 8:16 pm

So, the last 2 days at the gym have seen both "In the Beginning" and "License to Kill" played. I love 'em both and really can't decide which I like better. Each time I think I have it figured out I think of something that tips the balance in the other direction. What do you guys say?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...    Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 8:36 pm

the sentinel wrote:
So, the last 2 days at the gym have seen both "In the Beginning" and "License to Kill" played. I love 'em both and really can't decide which I like better. Each time I think I have it figured out I think of something that tips the balance in the other direction. What do you guys say?

Cop out answer - I like them both equally. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...    Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 8:55 pm

Ha. I find that when the first album is playing, then that's my favorite and when the second release is spinning, then that one is my favorite! Smile
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...    Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 9:25 am

I love License To Kill. I have yet to hear In The Beginning.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...    Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 9:33 am

I really like the Crazy In The Night EP even though it's got material from a couple of different time periods.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...    Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 9:55 am

Witchfinder wrote:
I really like the Crazy In The Night EP even though it's got material from a couple of different time periods.

I'd like to get that but it seems to be a bit pricey.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...    Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 10:01 am

007 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I'd like to get that but it seems to be a bit pricey.

I managed to get it years ago when it was cheap. They released The Rare and Unreleased compilation back in 2008 and it had the whole EP on it and a bunch of demos, but I think that's out of print too.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...    Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 11:26 am

License To Kill - has some very nasty lawless lyrics.
Tom Cruise should listen to it - next Mission Impossible movie.
I was surprised about the lyrics. Especially the song " Murder " -
It made me seriously wonder about James Neil....and where is he now.
No one can top him - like when Priest replacing Halford - no way.
Saw them live - in a small club - standing right infront of them, if I wanted.
'Chain Gang Woman' - they weren't beyond those lyrics either -
saw this gal get brought back to their back stage room area -
A few of those guys were quite tall - and black leather - bad news vibe for sure.
License - was also faster and smoother and tighter !
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...    Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 9:20 pm

I always loved the maniacal laugh after "Christine" and before the drums start at the beginning of "Murder" as the pair are the two most "sinister double" songs on the album.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...    Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2022 12:13 pm

A decade later, and I got this one yesterday, the CD+DVD edition. I have no previous experience with Malice, but James Rivera was the selling point to me. The seller said the band appeared in an 80's comedy film Vice Versa.

One spin through it sounded just the kind of music I would like, but further listenings are required before I can tell you how I truly feel about this.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...    Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2022 2:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...    Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sneak peek of New MALICE album (out in May)...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2