Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does anyone use text now for ipod?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Does anyone use text now for ipod? Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone use text now for ipod?   Does anyone use text now for ipod? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 9:34 pm

I'm getting an ipod for my b-day this week. I have been looking over several of the free texting apps. Now I know it comes with iMessage that let's you text anyone with an ipod or iphone. But there are some others like Text Now, Text Plus, etc that allow you to text ANYONE as long as you have wifi access. Some of them even claim to give you a phone number so you can get calls.

Is anyone familiar with these and let me know which one is the best so I don't spend a lot of time looking for the "right" one?

Thanks,

Mike
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone use text now for ipod?   Does anyone use text now for ipod? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 9:36 pm

are you sure your talking about an Ipod?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone use text now for ipod?   Does anyone use text now for ipod? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:07 pm

Yes. The 4th Gen iPods have apps you can download and there are several for texting over wifi. Some of them even have phone options for wifi calling.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone use text now for ipod?   Does anyone use text now for ipod? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:11 pm

I use texting on my cellphone. My iPod doesn't have a texting application.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone use text now for ipod?   Does anyone use text now for ipod? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:30 pm

The Gen 4 iPod had a few free apps, Text Now, Text Plus and some others that offer texting and more. Was just wondering which one was the best. Granted I dont HAVE the iPod yet but it will be this week. My wife intercepted it and wrapped it up for my b-day before I could get to it. So I;m already dumping CD's into iTunes and planning ahead so all I have to put is plug it up, sync and get my cd's on there. Was also thinking ahead to to apps I might be using and the texting apps sound cool, just don't know which is best.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone use text now for ipod?   Does anyone use text now for ipod? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:28 pm

textnow & textfree are both great apps for iphone/ipod. they both give you your own number & can make/receive calls. you can buy call minutes or earn free ones by watching video ads, etc.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone use text now for ipod?   Does anyone use text now for ipod? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone use text now for ipod?
Page 1 of 1